Thread: Alganon

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Alganon

I saw screenshots of a game that is launching this month called Alganon, and low and behold it is almost an exact copy of WoW. But the weird part was,
    its system requirements are very high! Why if its a wow clone?

secondly, I noticed this game is being developed by Derek Smart.

Some of you may know this name from the Battle cruiser millenium games.

He is by far the biggest jerk in the video game industry. For example on the forums for the previous games hes made, users would ask questions. If he felt they were dumb, he himself would post a reply saying how dumb the user is, then proceed to ban them.

Same thing happened if you criticized one of his games.

Also, give any suggestions regarding his games, hed post a hostile post back saying he didnt ask for any suggestions, and ban you...

So any thoughts on this alganon crap? How can a wow clone require so much?
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Re: Alganon

I thought it launched back in december after three days of beta testing
    How much bone could a bonestorm storm if a bonestorm could BOOOOOOOOONESTOOOOOOOOOOOORM!!
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/character-bios/'almega'-nara-draconus/ - my RP character

Quote Originally Posted by Almega
    I thought it launched back in december after three days of beta testing

according to the site

Http://www.alganon.com it launches this month.

Alganon.. That's the guy in Ulduar.. No wait, he's Algalon. Unless Alganon has some meaning besides the boss name, they could have just as likely named the game Pillidan or Blargeras
    Pandaren Warrior - Lv 95, full T17
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclonus View Post
    Since this was early in the patch, we decided to go with the 4 tank strat. We ask him to go tank Lord Mograine. He then instantly tells us that "he cannot tank the godfather of DK's, it wouldnt be right to raise my axe against him". He instantly gquits and hearths out.

Quote Originally Posted by Qtulu
    Alganon.. That's the guy in Ulduar.. No wait, he's Algalon. Unless Alganon has some meaning besides the boss name, they could have just as likely named the game Pillidan or Blargeras
    What about the two sides fighting over landscapes such as darkstone mountain, swamp of remorse, and the vast wastelands

Doesn't exactly top world of lordcraft, but still
    How much bone could a bonestorm storm if a bonestorm could BOOOOOOOOONESTOOOOOOOOOOOORM!!
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/character-bios/'almega'-nara-draconus/ - my RP character

I'm laughing so hard at how much of WoW they stole to make this game. Good lord.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nangz
    GoD isn't so great for unholy
    Quote Originally Posted by HoX
    i dont understamd ???

Quote Originally Posted by Tombstone
    I'm laughing so hard at how much of WoW they stole to make this game. Good lord.
    yet the system reqs listed for alganon are wayyyy higher then wow..makes no sense.

Flowers for Alganon?

Quote Originally Posted by patpizza
    Flowers for Alganon?
    Oddly enough, this is exactly what i was thinking when i saw the thread name.

Quote Originally Posted by Scigodomega

He is by far the biggest jerk in the video game industry. For example on the forums for the previous games hes made, users would ask questions. If he felt they were dumb, he himself would post a reply saying how dumb the user is, then proceed to ban them.
    Ah yes, the Aircraftkiller of his time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Respen
    I was very disappointed in the screenshots. I usually base my entire gaming experience around ground textures and so far it seems like Cata will be totally unplayable.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Tombstone
    The name of their main continent is Asheroth!
    Quote Originally Posted by BattlemasterSkarab View Post
    GOD's ARMAGEDDON and DOOM'S DAY!!!!!!.... Imagine that...
    4 apocalyptic horsemen
    Sky turned red
    Sun turned black
    All WoW servers down

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm
    The name of their main continent is Asheroth!
    Seriously!? hahahaha I'm almost rofl irl!
    Since this was early in the patch, we decided to go with the 4 tank strat. We ask him to go tank Lord Mograine. He then instantly tells us that "he cannot tank the godfather of DK's, it wouldnt be right to raise my axe against him". He instantly gquits and hearths out.

They probably had a hard time with the name and someone mention he just downed Algalon in WoW.
    So they named the game after him.

10+ Year Old Account

ok this is oen of the biggest ripped off game ever note the UI in this SS is almost exactly like Wow's Basic UI without addons the only thing different is they moved the Key ring to the left why hasnt blizzard sued this D-bag back to the stone age

???
    http://www.blogas.lt/uploads/p/pokiska/285056.jpg

yes we are all born from the flames of passion that stirred in the loins of our four fathers![Friend Code: 3325-2545-2595]

Cqan't wait for the expansion, the Flaming Battalion!

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodlusted
    Cqan't wait for the expansion, the Flaming Battalion!
    Yeah, and then Rage of the Witch King

Quote Originally Posted by Qtulu
    Yeah, and then Rage of the Witch King
    dont forget Cataclism

Quote Originally Posted by Caradinist
    Oddly enough, this is exactly what i was thinking when i saw the thread name.

Ah yes, the Aircraftkiller of his time.

Who is aircraftkiller?

System Requirements are higher, yet it looks worse??

You might argue the graphics are better, but IMO they just added more BS and made it more grainy

Tribute is a new form of currency in the world of Alganon. Players will purchase tribute via the market system (either on the web or in-game) and the purchase will be deposited in their account. Tribute will be held at the account level, so any character on the player's account will be able to use the tribute which has been purchased.

* Note: All current and new Alganon players will start with 250 free tribute. This applies to purchased Alganon versions only!

Tribute Conversion Table (Subject to change)
    Tribute Cost (USD)
    250 $1.45
    500 $2.80
    1000 $5.50

At launch all merchandise will be in the form of either a Boon, or a physical item that goes into the player's inventory.
    More of a money whore than WoW. OH and they have 15$ subscription fee
    Every foul deed leaves a stain on this world and despite the sins of weaker men there will always be someone left to clean up their mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Alonsus_Faol
    More of a money whore than WoW. OH and they have 15$ subscription fee

they are going subscription free now