Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
... LastLast
  1. #21
    Dreadlord Rainec's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Where the bad salad is kept crisp on ice.
    Posts
    843

    Re: Death Knight - Cataclysm Preview Compilation

    blood was best for dps, anyone else remember when frost looked like it was meant for tanking?
    Quote Originally Posted by pucGG View Post
    He's riding to work, he's not escaping from a star destroyer

  2. #22
    Deleted

    Re: Death Knight - Cataclysm Preview Compilation

    Quote Originally Posted by Rated_J
    they're turning DKs into a Warrior clone...
    single tanking spec, and 2 dps specs, warrior-like with 2h, rogue-like with DW.
    in the next upcoming patchs maybe we'll see DKs using shield and daggers.
    a lot of things that made DKs unique are being deleted or edited.
    sure, some stuff still remains, but imo, most of them are the worst.blood was still the best dps spec around, and they're deleting it, probably cause most ppl just cant push its DPS.too many buttons to press, unlike unholy or frost.its too hard to play it...

    the game is getting worse every patch/expansion released...
    So what did dks use before using 2h's, d/w? Did they slap around with fishes and giant mushrooms? You be trippin', mon. Also blood is just as easy as most other specs in this game. Dks are still very unique, and will be in Cata aswell, so I don't really get your point here.

  3. #23

    Re: Death Knight - Cataclysm Preview Compilation

    I'm curious what spells or what talents they're gonna add to strengthen Blood's AoE capabilities.
    Ofcourse, I don't mean make it stupid easy to tank multiple mobs, ala Paladin, but easier to manage.
    Overall, I think this is a great change, though I still hoped that Frost was the dedicated tanking tree. It just sounds more... tanky. :-\

  4. #24

    Re: Death Knight - Cataclysm Preview Compilation

    It's sense, I'm not flaming you or anything, it's just when you spell it like that you are putting quite a juxtaposition on the point you are trying to make, thus rendering it inert, I'm just letting you know for future reference Smiley.
    Yes, he spelled sense incorrectly. At least he didn't then go on to use a bunch of "big" words incorrectly to try and imply he was smarter than someone else. Juxtaposition means putting two things side by side, usually for the purpose of comparison. How on earth does misspelling a word do that? And even if it somehow did, what did it juxtapose his point against? And that's a very loose use of the word inert. Even if I did buy that inert is the proper term to use, which I don't (I think the term you were probably shooting for was invalid), again, how does misspelling a word have any impact on his point at all?

    I'm a big fan of people spelling things properly, and don't have an issue with people being politely corrected. What you wrote, however, seemed rather rude, not to mention ironic.

    On topic... I've always hated blood, but always liked DK tanking. Having to tank as blood is most likely going to make me drop my tanking spec. I have just never liked the blood rotation, which honestly always felt mostly like spamming heart strike. With so much changing in the rune system and talent trees, I think it's early to denounce it quite yet, but I hold out little hope. I'm also seriously displeased with their decision to yank tank/dps support from all three trees. Each tree had a very different play style, and it was great to be able to do multiple jobs in whatever style I preferred. It was also nice to do the various jobs using different styles. It certainly is easier for them to do it this way, but I find it sad nonetheless.

  5. #25

    Re: Death Knight - Cataclysm Preview Compilation

    Quote Originally Posted by Terrax of the Wind
    I'm curious what spells or what talents they're gonna add to strengthen Blood's AoE capabilities.
    Ofcourse, I don't mean make it stupid easy to tank multiple mobs, ala Paladin, but easier to manage.
    Overall, I think this is a great change, though I still hoped that Frost was the dedicated tanking tree. It just sounds more... tanky. :-\
    That's actually going to be the deal breaker for whether or not I stay on my DK or reroll. I like blood, but only for MT'ing. Any time I have to AoE, I go frost. If I had to AoE as blood, I might as well shoot myself in the foot a few times. I really can't see myself AoEing without something like impurity or howling blast; they either need to add spell damage scaling into blood to boost the AoEs we currently have, or turn DRW into some sort of AoE attack so we have a physical damage AoE to go along with all of our physical damage scalars.

    In all honesty, I have faith in blizzard with the changes, I just wish the preview actually previewed some of the examples instead of just telling us why they are doing the big changes.

    I'll just have to wait till beta to make my choice on whether or not I'll be staying with my dead spacegoat knight or rerolling to a feral warrior.

  6. #26
    Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    54

    Re: Death Knight - Cataclysm Preview Compilation

    This in my oppinion is exactly what Death knights needed im so happy to see what i didnt like getting changed into something more balanceing between the specs. As we all know blizzard wanted to try something new a class that can use all 3 specs Blood/Unholy and frost as a hybrid talent mixup. What im saying is that they wanted each spec should be able to Mix: PvE (dps),PvE(Tanking) and pvp. this ofcourse got changed alot the past year thro patches but the general idea was the same. Today some dk's are blood,frost and unholy as dps its all about their personal taste so it was ment to satisy the death knight players. ALLTHO the problem was when different specs became the way to go in pve. first Unholy then frost (2hander of dooom) then blood then unholy again and now well its abit of blood and frost. so it made it incredably hard to balance both tanking,dps and pvp since every spec was ment for everything and to allso balance it out. in cata when blood:tank Frost:dualwield dps and unholy: 2 hander dps it makes it alot easyer to not only balance but gives us a strict spec to chose.

    You like Dualwield and fast numbers? Frost is for you
    You like BIG numbers on your screen? Unholy is for you
    You like to tank and kick the other tanks in the nuts? Blood is for you

    So last of all they will make it alot easyer for us players to chose witch spec for the role we want. and allso easyer for blizzard to finally blance our class out for the role we want.
    Happy death knights day !

  7. #27

    Re: Death Knight - Cataclysm Preview Compilation

    I might also roll a Warrior/Druid when the actual talent tree previews come out and they turn out disappointing.
    Something about taking the fight to them (Charge/Heroic Leap) is so awesome. I love me some Death Grip, but it just won't be enough.
    Also, the preview abilities just seem lackluster. I know it won't be the last abilities added, like how they add new spells in major patches, but still... I don't think I can wait til' 4.1.

  8. #28

    Re: Death Knight - Cataclysm Preview Compilation

    Quote Originally Posted by Skullmaster
    It's sense, I'm not flaming you or anything, it's just when you spell it like that you are putting quite a juxtaposition on the point you are trying to make, thus rendering it inert, I'm just letting you know for future reference .
    His point was Blood DPS is the least popular and most boring DPS spec. Whether his point was correct or not him misspelling "sense" has nothing to do with the subject and doesn't have an impact on the argument.

    By your logic your entire post is invalid because of the comma splice in your opening statement that I quoted.

  9. #29
    Fluffy Kitten Zao's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    4,575

    Re: Death Knight - Cataclysm Preview Compilation

    To quote myself:

    Quote Originally Posted by Zao
    Thanks to Bibi for the compilation!

    And for qqing please refer to the dedicated threat about blood as tanking tree:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/class-de...king-tree/180/

    First and final warning

    I won't ban the 5 guys above me who straightout ignored what I said, but the next people who continue their rant (or appreciation) about it will get 3 day timeouts. There's currently 2-3 threads popping up every day about this topic and since this one here can't be locked/deleted since it provides useful information (and is by Bibiy <3).
    You'll findnp plenty of people who are willing to discuss this with you in the 18 pages long thread i posted.

    Thanks for you time.

  10. #30
    Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    The Island
    Posts
    1,089

    Re: Death Knight - Cataclysm Preview Compilation

    Quote Originally Posted by snootay
    His point was Blood DPS is the least popular and most boring DPS spec. Whether his point was correct or not him misspelling "sense" has nothing to do with the subject and doesn't have an impact on the argument.

    By your logic your entire post is invalid because of the comma splice in your opening statement that I quoted.
    Care to elaborate? I realise precisely what his point was about, the fact he spelled the word wrong created a contrast because he spelled the word sense as "sence", therefore making the sentence nonsensical from an English elitists (like me) point of view.
    So I'd quite like to see how that logic (logic that was essentially, misspell a word like 'sense' and it can cause either misinterpreted irony or the posters point being misinterpreted) fits in with my "comma splices". I regularly use commas to insert points into sentences without having to stray off into a tangent of useless information and to eliminate the need for overt use of brackets. But hell, it was only good enough to get me a degree in English and Literature, I suppose you have a better idea of the English language than an SQA examiner does?

    thanks for that, I overlooked your first grammar nazi post.
    7 days for grammar nazi & insulting mods in sig.
    Skullmaster - Slathe - Duat - Tamriel

    Absolutely everything happens for a reason - Omnia Causa Fiunt.

  11. #31

    Re: Death Knight - Cataclysm Preview Compilation

    From a PVE DKs perspective I am perplexed by the new abillities. I see outbreak as a CD mainly used to recover from rotation fuck-up. The antiheal strike is mainly pvp, while some bosses heal that usually means interrupt or wipe. The most interesting one is the sharingan wannabe. If it's only fireball related spells it's quite boring. I guess it could be useful in PvP but shouldn't be too good in PVE. However if it works on buffs, heals or AOE it's both fun and awesome. I guess we'll have to wait and see. Btw, do you guys reckon that our dots will scale on haste/crit aswell? Cuz if they do I see potential in UHs AOE

  12. #32

    Re: Death Knight - Cataclysm Preview Compilation

    One thing which i just can't wrap my ahead around is why they want to change the rune system so much.
    To ferals they were told they didn't want to change the playstyle to much, but we got nothing similar.

    I love my spammy play style, makes me feel at home. I like it so much i have two DK's at 80..

    Let's just hope they can capture the current DK spirit in their new way of thinking!

  13. #33

    Re: Death Knight - Cataclysm Preview Compilation

    always loathed blood tanking its all passive and boring, depending on the talent tree this is likely to see me going back to my war i think ,hmm or just stopping actually3 days, you've been warned (twice)

  14. #34

    Re: Death Knight - Cataclysm Preview Compilation

    This change makes me want to rage.

    When wrath first came out when i lvled my DK i loved blood. loved the idea loved the playstyle loved everything about it. favorite spec in the game. hits like a truck and has so much healing and burst dmg is fun in PVP and PVE.

    I could care less that they make blood the primary tank spec but why cant they hybrid it like feral druid. can be a cat and a tank just a few talent changes. all the talents have different effects depending on the form. why not make it same idea but with presences..

    And so were you

  15. #35
    Titan Kalyyn's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Indiana, US
    Posts
    11,392

    Re: Death Knight - Cataclysm Preview Compilation

    personally i'll miss the blood dps spec, but im relieved they didnt hit frost instead. I find that frost is the most fun and fluid of all the dps rotations, not just for dk's mind you but all classes, and that would have been truly tragic.

    ...
    -Zao

  16. #36

    Re: Death Knight - Cataclysm Preview Compilation

    Quote Originally Posted by Skullmaster
    It's sense, I'm not flaming you or anything, it's just when you spell it like that you are putting quite a juxtaposition on the point you are trying to make, thus rendering it inert, I'm just letting you know for future reference .
    Yes, while Blood is quite lacklustre in the early stages without the required amount of Armour Penetration, in the later stages with the higher gear levels the tree was (I keep saying that - IS) the best tree because of the high physical damage. It is a good tank tree and anyone familiar with my recent rants about it being turned into a purpose built tank tree will know my feelings on the subject. While I am going to miss Blood dps because of how much fun I have playing it, Blizzard has made it up to me ten-fold by bringing back the one spec choice that I loved over Blood :- 2 Handed Frost .
    On the flip side, they had me bad mouthing them and acting like a douche for 2 days before announcing it so, for future reference, don't do that Blizzard, you had me worried :P.

    The abilities do seem quite PvP orientated and I do hope that they throw in a few extra ones that are more beneficial to the raiding Death Knights out there.
    The way the rune system was given a really ham-fisted explanation too, the way I read it is that we have 3 "attack" runes which we use for abilities and 3 "back-up" runes which are used to fill the "attack" runes, the runes can be used together as they are currently, so basically the only change would be that they only fill up one rune of each type at a time. I may have read this completely wrong so please correct me if I have :P.
    You must be british to spell the word lackluster; lacklustre. I thought the very same thing about sense, but I don't go around correcting everyone at the beginning of the post before leading to more relevant topic.

    Or do I?

    Anyway, I'm hoping 2h frost goes the way the previous blood 2h spec did, mainly physical attacks with frost strike being beefed up in some manner.

    The runes are confusing at best, but from what has been said, I'm thinking they are going to slow down combat for a dk by forcing the second of every rune to wait on the first one to reset, before the 10 second cd on the second rune to start. That is going to mess things up a bit, however if they can manage to make abilities to cost a half a rune the cd will only need 5 seconds or less to reset, causing runes to act like energy (I saw an example of energy in one post). I would expect to see more abilities to cost nothing or runic power. Which might alter how much runic power we gain, and how much we spend if more abilities used runic power overall.

    I am Warrior - Play Free Online Games

  17. #37

    Re: Death Knight - Cataclysm Preview Compilation

    Quote Originally Posted by hasslemoff
    Unholy and Frost are shit dps tree's

    Blood > frost/unholy
    ;D I dont know about you But i rolled both blood and unholy. Doing about 9k Dps with GS of 5.4 . Now i roll Frost DW doing the same dps or higher. I even tank in unholy/blood. Just little in to blood to get that stuiped 3 point in to spell what ever lol. 1 i dont care for blood only people play blood that scared to die or dont know how to play.

  18. #38
    Bloodsail Admiral Narshe's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Caves of Narshe
    Posts
    1,156

    Re: Death Knight - Cataclysm Preview Compilation

    Quote Originally Posted by Zookz25
    That's actually going to be the deal breaker for whether or not I stay on my DK or reroll. I like blood, but only for MT'ing. Any time I have to AoE, I go frost. If I had to AoE as blood, I might as well shoot myself in the foot a few times. I really can't see myself AoEing without something like impurity or howling blast; they either need to add spell damage scaling into blood to boost the AoEs we currently have, or turn DRW into some sort of AoE attack so we have a physical damage AoE to go along with all of our physical damage scalars.

    In all honesty, I have faith in blizzard with the changes, I just wish the preview actually previewed some of the examples instead of just telling us why they are doing the big changes.

    I'll just have to wait till beta to make my choice on whether or not I'll be staying with my dead spacegoat knight or rerolling to a feral warrior.
    I agree 100% and couldnt have said it better myself. its a wait and see for me. I used to love Blood tanking but cringed trying to run 5 mans, then i tried Frost and never went back for aoe abilities. Im not going to miss Frost tanking because of the awesome cooldowns or playstyle, im going to miss the aoe component. And im worried right now if Blood will get a boost for aoe or not. Im on the fence right now, waiting to see if ill be Blood tanking in Cata or going back to my feral Druid to tank (seems like theyre aoe will be better?).

    http://joekey.deviantart.com Sig by Lilliputia! <3

  19. #39

    Re: Death Knight - Cataclysm Preview Compilation

    well the new changes are more pvp oriented and im trying to figure out how can we use necrotic strike and dark simulacrum in pve. i guess that with the new rune system we might use necrotic strike in our rotation maybe it will use runic power instead of runes and will become more appealing than death coil as a runic power dump.only time will know! lets see.

    and dark simulacrum in pve its too much for me, it beats me!

  20. #40

    Re: Death Knight - Cataclysm Preview Compilation

    I don't really like the method of runic power "dump" spam the same ability till you run out of runic power. Perhaps there will be an overhaul of how you use runic power so it doesn't feel like a dump. Maybe your rotation will include those abilities instead of saying rotation of rune abilities then dump at the end. RA>RA>RPA>RPA>RA>RPA and no dump. Just a serious of attack that actually has synergy instead of oh i have max RP I better use these!

    I am Warrior - Play Free Online Games

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •