Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast

Re: Druid - Cataclysm Preview Compilation

Quote Originally Posted by Winley
    I waited. I was going to be judicious. Let's see what happens. This ToL thing could be a good thing. It will be ZOMG amazing if they're taking away my druidy ability to shape shift when I'm restoration... But... NOOOOOO... 3.5 minute cd on being able to heal better for 45 seconds? No thanks. And the master shape shifter talent is still there in the resto tree? Why? I know this isn't final or anything... But my goodness I'm disappointed 100%
    yeah its alpha stage bro. Nothings final.
    Quote Originally Posted by SilkforCalde View Post
    Wow. You don't even know the basics. Challenging Shout is not and has never been a taunt. It doesn't even remotely function like a taunt.

Quote Originally Posted by huth
    Nope, first point still does the same as now, the other two are the old effect from WotLK-beta.

Do not put the full points in a talent and then look what it does, often the new effects are only for the first point.
    Because they havn't updated the tooltip/description of higher ranks of the talents. Surprised anyone has to point that out, shouldn't that be obvious? As if multiple rank talents are going to have different effects (rather than an increasing degree of effect) at different ranks... lol...

Quote Originally Posted by FishingLure
    I don't think feral dps is 'hard'. Heck I wouldn't consider anything about this game 'hard'. Every single aspect can be easily broken down to a couple sentences. Now it might take some practice to 'not let savage roar fall' or 'dump defile outside the group', but nothing is 'hard'.

That said, I am not happy about how feral dps can suffer if you let something slip.. Stuff happens. You could have to pop out to innervate that overhealing pally or to BR that huntard that stood in the fire. You might have hit a lag spike. Stuff happens. I am happy to hear that they want to smooth that edge some. I personally think that if they apply the anti-clipping mechanic to our dots then that would be accomplished.

What I would have liked to see for feral dps, though, is shreds from the front and a threat dump.

/snip
    Completely agreed especially with the bolded. I suppose the Mangle change will help somewhat with a front only (Kologarn) boss but ideally Shred from the front would be the best solution.

This Tree of Life change is revolting. It shouldn't be like Demon morph of warlock , it should stay as it is !
    Why Not ^^

This Tree of Life change is revolting. It shouldn't be like Demon morph of warlock , it should stay as it is !
    Even if the current graphic stayed, it would be cool to have a cooldown to turn into an ancient of war looking things.

15+ Year Old Account

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Wild Mushroom (Level 85): Grows a magical mushroom at the target location. After 4 seconds the mushroom becomes invisible. Enemies who cross the mushroom detonate it, causing it to deal area-of-effect damage, though its damage component will remain very effective against single targets. The druid can also choose to detonate the mushroom ahead of time. This is primarily a tool for the Balance druid, and there will be talents that play off of it. No cooldown. 40-yard range. Instant cast.

Sorry, I just couldn't hold myself.

How many languages can you say REALLY PISSED OFF TREE IN?...

Druids change forms based on their role...or did u forget? DPS:moonkin, cat TANK: Bear
    HEALER: tree...... why would you take something away when that is what the class is all about(i realize i can chose to be in tree form for a matter of time, but this is not good enough).... not to mention you always give us druids fugly gear anyway...or have you not seen the teir helms? I look like a moose that mated with a giant catapillar and spit out a fugly baby and threw up on it....

Why not make moonkin the same as metamorphasis as a dmg buff? Id like to see how that would go over with the moonkins out there!! THEY PLAY BECAUSE THEY WANT TO BE A BIG FAT FURRY BIRD!!! not to see their gear-.-

I dont want to see my gear....i want my tree form...bcuz i am a druid... i didnt play this class to look at my gear...i played it with the intention of being in a tree form!! Its wat makes us better than all the other healers!!! If i wanted to see a nightelf healer id play a holy priest....QQ

What a fricken retarded change. Back to shadowpriest if this change goes through, no matter how much i love my druid.

10+ Year Old Account

I want to see my gear. I'm actually happy about this, and I hope they expand it to Balance as well. As fun as the forms were, they were highly limiting, and boring to look at. It was annoying having to shapeshift out of that hideous owlbear to heal myself.

It would be awesome if they actually had armor that showed on boomkin, bear, and cat forms.

preety hard to show armor in forms, especially for bear and cat.
    I'm preety sure a bear would trip on it's own dangling cape.

It'd be pretty easy to show armor in forms, specifically cat or bear
    It'd even look pretty good; just google around for 'armored bear'

The main limitation is probably art resources, not the difficulty of the task. Humanoid armor is all the same shape, so one item can be used by any race. If you had specific armor for bears and cats that would increase the number of items to draw by +50-75% (i.e., plate/mail/leather/cloth + bear/cat/moonkin), depending if moonkins were able to reuse some humanoid pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz
    I want to see my gear. I'm actually happy about this, and I hope they expand it to Balance as well. As fun as the forms were, they were highly limiting, and boring to look at. It was annoying having to shapeshift out of that hideous owlbear to heal myself.
    You don't need to see your gear infight, though. Even if, they could simply show weapons and shoulders on the Tree form. Shoulders on Moonkin form would be very awesome, as the model already is so huge, those scaled shoulders would make it even more menacing.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Has blizz said anything about the loss of armor that will come when we lose perma-tree form? I know its not a huge deal, but it means that we will die to melee quite a bit faster then we would have had the form stayed.

Quote Originally Posted by blaqkmagick
    Has blizz said anything about the loss of armor that will come when we lose perma-tree form? I know its not a huge deal, but it means that we will die to melee quite a bit faster then we would have had the form stayed.
    Possibly improved Barkskin is one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Imp barkskin, 160% armor when out of form or in travel. Right now it's 200% but we obviously needed a small nurf.

seen new talents for resto druid feeels like massive fail on blizzard... why put increased dmg in that tree??

Fury of a Stormrage (3 points) - You have a 5/10/15% chance when you cast Nourish or Healing Touch to cause your next Wrath spell to be instant cast and cost no mana. Fury of Stormrage lasts for 8 seconds

and

Improved Tree of Life (3 points) - Requires 1 point in Tree of Life - Reduces the cooldown of your Tree of Life by 30/60/90 seconds, and increases your damage done while in Tree of Life by 5/10/15%.

its just me that getting really mad over theses changes...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skumdum View Post
    seen new talents for resto druid feeels like massive fail on blizzard... why put increased dmg in that tree??

Fury of a Stormrage (3 points) - You have a 5/10/15% chance when you cast Nourish or Healing Touch to cause your next Wrath spell to be instant cast and cost no mana. Fury of Stormrage lasts for 8 seconds

and

Improved Tree of Life (3 points) - Requires 1 point in Tree of Life - Reduces the cooldown of your Tree of Life by 30/60/90 seconds, and increases your damage done while in Tree of Life by 5/10/15%.

its just me that getting really mad over theses changes...
    PvP.

Holy pallys get +hit and dmg to judgments.
    Resto shaman get buffs to LB.
    Disc priests get, well, a lot.
    Holy priests get dmg increases to their holy spells.

Druids....get nothing, which is the main reason they are changing ToL in the 1st place. We are the only healer who can't dps in the form we are normally in that we have to spend points to spec into.

10+ Year Old Account
    Am I the only one that thinks Worgen Druids are a little inconsistent? Obviously Tauren and NEs make sense. Even trolls to some extent (their magic is usually nature related in a loose sense). But Worgen? They're humans who through dark magic are turned into unholy monsters... who are also in tune with nature? Doesn't sit right...

I might just be projecting my pessimism for the inevitable population boom of Worgen (and even troll) druids. As if we didn't have enough dr00dz already...

Feral tree loses a lot of stat and % multipliers, bears gonna be less HP than they have been.

Anyone know or dare guess exactly how our mastery will work?

So far I understand that when you reach 51 points in one tree you activate the benefit of mastery from that tree.

The actual mastery benefit is increased by mastery stat on gear and by talents in that tree. I presume that gear stat will look like "Increases your mastery rating by 50".

How does the armor class proficiency fit into this? Will I not benefit from the mastery of a cloth item if I equip it? Will the talent tree specify that mastery increases proportional to the number of leather items we wear?