Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...

Re: Warlock - Cataclysm Preview Compilation

Something to note, clarification of haste on channeled Spells:

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

We didn't explain this very well in the chat.

The answer we were trying to give was that "channels won't just get shorter and shorter the more haste you get." But a more complete answer is that hasted channels will get shorter until you get a whole additional tick, at which point the duration will go back up again. We don't want to do partial ticks or things like that because they encourage you to just recast the spell.
    Hooray for not being completely retarded, and actually intelligent design?
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Official Class Preview
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)

green fire
    Jesus Christ on a stick, this is all I needed to know. Looks like my main for Cata is now most assuredly my Warlock.

...I mean, sure, all that other stuff is really super great and all, and I really am excited for it. But, still, damn, green fire. Finally!
    [center][color=red]If you want to study yourself -- look into the hearts of other people. If you want to study other people -- look into your own heart.
    -Friedrich von Schiller

Mage - Shaman - Rogue - DK - Druid
    [size=6pt]Currently an inactive player, but frequent and very active MMO-Champion forum lurker.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by ratskinmahoney

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Fel Flame (level 81): ... Fel Flame refreshes the duration of Immolate and Unstable Affliction... Instant cast.
    o.0 does that mean that we (destro) only have to cast immo once in a boss fight and hit that every like 10 seconds to refresh it? :P

YAY it is instant cast too ^^
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    Honestly though I'd be amazed if the xpac took that long, even taking Blizzard's soon(tm) into consideration. If it doesn't come out before October it means there are some serious issues behind the scenes and it's time to abandon ship like an Italian cruiseliner captain.

15+ Year Old Account

We're not sure at this point. Fel Flame will be kind of like a mages Fire Blast, and it will be our go-to spell for casting while moving.

However, since Immolate does some damage up front as well as refresh itself and they both use a GCD, it might be a better idea to actually cast Immolate if you can stand still and save fel flame for movement. This is all theory however as it ultimately comes down to how much damage it does vs mana cost.

I hope it hits hard.

R.I.P. YARG

Quote Originally Posted by gherkin
    We're not sure at this point. Fel Flame will be kind of like a mages Fire Blast, and it will be our go-to spell for casting while moving.

However, since Immolate does some damage up front as well as refresh itself and they both use a GCD, it might be a better idea to actually cast Immolate if you can stand still and save fel flame for movement. This is all theory however as it ultimately comes down to how much damage it does vs mana cost.

I hope it hits hard.
    vs mana cost...? o.O
    vs Immolate's innitial damage imho.

Quote Originally Posted by Deviltry
    vs mana cost...? o.O
    Well, for Affliction it would be a great way to refresh UA, since it's has both a cast time, and zero initial damage. However, if it's too costly, it'd be something we'd only use to refresh UA on the run.

15+ Year Old Account

vs mana cost...? o.O
    That too.

Quote Originally Posted by Goatonlb
    Well, for Affliction it would be a great way to refresh UA, since it's has both a cast time, and zero initial damage. However, if it's too costly, it'd be something we'd only use to refresh UA on the run.
    I think it would be used for Affliction 100% of the time in lieu of UA due to the lack of an initial damage component, mana be damned. We have to life tap every ~20 seconds right now anyways, whats a little more often? :P
    The gain for using it vs Immolate however is much less and should be considered.

R.I.P. YARG

Deleted

vs mana cost...? o.O
    It depends on how many gcds we lose to life tap. If it is significantly more costly, with the same effective cast time but only slightly more damage, then potentially it might not work out as a dps increase since you lose damage time to the extra life tap/ dark pacts necessitated. Hence:

Quote Originally Posted by gherkin
    ...it ultimately comes down to how much damage it does vs mana cost.

Quote Originally Posted by Halflived
    I doubt they haven't already considered and fixed this. I imagine that our offensive "SS + Ability_X' will be exclusive to certain spells, such as CB, UA, Demonic Empowerment. I highly doubt they will allow 3 shards to be burned in 3 staright offensive GCDs. I don't think the shard system will work with our main nukes like SB or Incin.

I'm also still very unconvinced that any of the changes mentioned thus far will benefit us at all in PVP. From what I have seen, many classes are getting significant PVP survivability spells... and we are not, even though we are exclusively the first target blown up. I am not pleased with how we switched with mages from being the 'pvp cloth tank' to the 'glass canon.'
    Soul Burn + Drain Life + the base normal haste most people have thats 70% off

basicly doing the full drain life damage in 1.5 sec its an epic damage and epic heal thats a good survivability spell

+ the succubus knockback is usable while cc'd because its the succubus that does it

the Demon Soul Merge may also give omega defensive benefits depending on the demon or just a passive thing for all kinds of demons

lastly a tip man i find the best offensive is the best defense on a lock and i dont mean killing them before they kill you i mean epic fast damage = epic fast healing (afflic) quick decay + a very strong spell power trinket and u can keep that full power corrupt up forever with everlasting afflic.

try all that they should be ur survivability and dark intent should make this healing stronger (though i do agree Dark intent should be replaced with a survivability skill)

I am The Burning Legion - Play Free Online Games

I wanted the Burning Legion Faction

I went on answered the questions didnt think id get it by what i was picking, i got the burning legion faction.

Quote Originally Posted by terrorlord15
    ...i mean epic fast damage = epic fast healing (afflic) quick decay + a very strong spell power trinket and u can keep that full power corrupt up forever with everlasting afflic.
    Just a reminder, Spellpower does not roll with Corruption refreshes. While it will be a nice addition for the duration of the remaining spell while under the effect of the +bonus SP, once the proc drops and Corruption is refreshed, so will the SP value of it. Same goes for haste.

Quote Originally Posted by Goatonlb
    Just a reminder, Spellpower does not roll with Corruption refreshes. While it will be a nice addition for the duration of the remaining spell while under the effect of the +bonus SP, once the proc drops and Corruption is refreshed, so will the SP value of it. Same goes for haste.
    and same will go for crit in cata (so i hope as that is really clunky)

15+ Year Old Account

All stats will update on every refresh.

R.I.P. YARG

While I can see the view of burning a shard being a meaningful decision, the lack of combat regen still has major flaws from a pvp perspective, most notably in arena.
    Actually getting into combat is a necessary tactic often enough in arena, where you do it do prevent sapping, and to keep a healer from being able to drink, both of which due to the necessity to get into combat are complete contradiction to the regeneration mechanism that is currently planned.
    There are times as described when it is justified to keep in combat, but that should not severely restrict the new core mechanism of our class to the extent that we have to decide between gaining resources and making very bad gameplay decisions, or playing strategically and severely limiting our options.
    Most other classes have their notable abilities limited only by cooldowns, not a potion in combat like mechanism.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

15+ Year Old Account

Try to remember that shards are going from a nusance you wish you didn't have to think about to a three time per combat buff. It could turn you into a demon penguin and still be better than the current implementation. I know gc said meaningful button but meaningful is subjective and gc says a lot of things that don't happen due to design issues.

R.I.P. YARG