Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Cataclysm Class Preview Compilation

Quote Originally Posted by blixt
    100% agreed :P
    Hey, paladins come first. Beta later.

Great updates throughout all the class change post and even better collection topic, Gj Mmo!

Quote Originally Posted by Snepre
    S H I T. new class changes are sooo bad.. awful.. new wow team is just bad.. they don't even know how to improve the game.. they add abilities from DotA, they add abilities that make no sense ( that people like.. :S :S :S ) <1.12 > 1.12> and people that believe cata will be the best shit ever u can go read some warcraft novels or smth and l2p coz u dunno shit about warcraft
    No dis heer be da way. Cata is teh awesum and no Blizz cant mess up bcuz they gots stuff and monies to make sur they dont if the new stuff u dont like u can to hell and stop the QQ just quit teh game LOL

Wow. Writing that made my brain hurt. I'm going to take a nap...
    My allies are my sword; I am their shield.

I took part in the RP Invasion, May 15, 2010

wowhead.com has nice tabbed class changes. :P

10+ Year Old Account

Poor grayed out pallys...

thank you
    Dear developers,

please nerf Rock, it's too overpowered. Paper is fine, however.
    Signed, Scissors.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Awesome work by everyone here on MMO.
    Definitly the best site to keep us up to date!
    <3

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey09
    Bring on the paladin nerf!

Either that, or remove Bubble + HS.

Should be interesting either way to see what Blizz has ready for their most favoured class!
    Quote Originally Posted by mirodin
    Guess you weren't playing much in Vanilla
    No kidding. If the entire track record of paladin balancing ever since day one is the definition of "Blizzard's Favorite Class" then maybe they should do us all a favor and pick another favorite for the next five years.

The way I've seen the wailing and gnashing of teeth going lately is seems that they might've picked Shamans for the honor.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukari
    I don't really understand all the pally hate, they haven't been OP for a longer period than any other class has been OP. There doesn't seem to be any favoritism towards them by Blizzard either (besides Lore of course, if you care about such things).
    In fact, Blizzard employees seem to make their fair share of jokes at the expense of paladins (probably because its what the community responds favorably to) not to mention the complete lack of any updates to the class in recent patches.
    And then there was that whole promise of a reworking of Ret never materialized beyond "hey, we changed SoComm, that's a spec revamp right?" from a while back.

I've noticed a lot of suggestions that the Paladin thread will have the most amount of QQ because paladins are crybabies, but I'd be willing to wager there will be just as much, if not more, QQ from non-paladins in the thread if the class is anything less than deleted.

And it'd be warranted from paladins if they took an extra week to rework the class and didn't do an overhaul the extent to which such additional development time would indicate.
    The Pally hate exists because of mostly two reasons.

1) Their attack/tanking mechanics were dramatically simplified for WotLK and caused a massive glut of paladins to appear everywhere; which was intentional on Blizzard's part when they mentioned in Blizzcon 2008 that they wanted Paladins to be a 'simple, appealing class' for new players to learn how to play in an MMO, assuming the lore around Paladins would appeal to them. They are, hence, popular and numerous and more often than not played by new players, so hated.

2) People will always dislike defensive immunity. Offensive immunity is more welcome, in contrast (Cyclone is rarely angsted about). Things that interrupt the flow of offense and forcing you to switch targets against your favor, or use an otherwise-useless utility skill (Mass Dispel/Shattering Throw) will always cause people to angst.

But you are absolutely right on the proportion of complaints that will arise when the Paladin preview will come out. As compared to what is seen on the official forums when previews were put out for all the other classes compared to what kind of traffic the official Paladin forums gets every day, the amount of gloating and jeering from other non-paladins vastly outdoes the actual QQ from paladins. The anti-paladin QQers will never notice this, or likely even care -- it'll just simply remain as one of the great ironies of the universe.
    Quote Originally Posted by dexter44
    There is no patch for human stupidity
    Orihank is displeased.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyingmoney
    Crazy stupid dedication, man. Idk how you manage the site so well, but I appreciate it
    what he said... also;

I WANTS MAH PALLY INFO!!! :'(

Quote Originally Posted by halmotors
    The only reason they're delaying on the paladin changes is because they're trying to figure out a way to announce that they'll be removing paladin bubbles without causing mass panic and anarchy. :-*
    I'm pretty sure that there is no way they could announce that without mass panic. No matter how they try to sugar it up. lol Pallies everywhere would cut themselves.
    "Let them hate, as long as they fear"

I just wanted to say ty Mods, did a great job this week keeping up with BS and keeping things as organized as possible.

<3 Peppercat
    DO NOT ASK 4 NINNERVATE!>?

Quote Originally Posted by Feerless
    I'm pretty sure that there is no way they could announce that without mass panic. No matter how they try to sugar it up. lol Pallies everywhere would cut themselves.
    Bubble means nothing to me, but it'd destroy a big thing in PvE, if I'm tanking and I need to get rid of stacks quickly, that's incredibly helpful. I'd never be able to solo-tank things like Toravon if I didn't have a bubble. Then there's when I feel like bailing off of my flyer and bubble-land.

Hi everyone especially those who're killing themselves for paladin changes, I've got something here.

http://forum.wowtaiwan.com.tw/twow_f...2&GoPage=1&lis

Here's the cata info thread in taiwan official forum and FYI I translated part of it:

四月十四號(美國時間十三號) 提前!
    【藍帖】浩劫與重生聖騎預覽 (敬請期待)

Apr 14(US time Apr 13) Advanced!
    【Blue】Cataclysm Paladin Preview.

Yep,either taiwanese wanna screw all their players with this mistake or they do advance all the rest of the world this time.

Guess which?

Thanks B! You continue to do an amazing job; why MMO-C is always my primary WoW news source.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

I really hope that MMOChamp will continue and report all this, a nice website that can give me information in a nice layout and with a single mousecklick i get to know the latest blue posts of significance. Also the community that has gathered here is really good, with some exceptions ;D Moderators deserve more hugs from the community. B gave one each, and so do I.

Must...Click...Paladin...Button...Faster

Looks really nice!

Great job on all the info! we are very happy with the quickness.
    Big thumbs up!!

P.S. LOVE THAT PALADIN IS STILL GRAY xD haha

Quote Originally Posted by halmotors
    The only reason they're delaying on the paladin changes is because they're trying to figure out a way to announce that they'll be removing paladin
    fixed

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

*hugs mods*

I honestly think that the Paladin class itself is crazy OP for every day things (mount speed, prot healer, decent dps, etc), and some sort of nerf is coming. Is it necessary to have prot paladins or ret paladins heal? Maybe they will have some sort of tank and holy 'form'. That would be interesting.