PVP
    Resilience
    Spell penetration?

What is a good cap for those stats?

Re: Priest Discipline stats

PvE Disc:
    Thorough Put: SP > Crit >= Haste
    Regen: Int > MP5 >>> Spi
    The idea is to get enough regen so that mana is not a problem, then focus on thorough put.

For PvP:

Resilience: I'd suggesting aiming for about 1000, the actual "cap" is 1230 since that is when you can no longer get additional reduced critical strike damage.

Spell Penetration: 130 is the cap to negate all of the enemies resistances, so aim for this, the cloak enchant and pvp wand are good sources of this if you don't want to gem it.

PvP:
    ~1k resil is good
    130 pen
    ~500 haste or equivalent mp5 if you're gearing regen
    ~3k SP

These are decent stats as I understand it

Quote Originally Posted by Merkyn
    For PvP:

Resilience: I'd suggesting aiming for about 1000, the actual "cap" is 1230 since that is when you can no longer get additional reduced critical strike damage.

Spell Penetration: 130 is the cap to negate all of the enemies resistances, so aim for this, the cloak enchant and pvp wand are good sources of this if you don't want to gem it.
    you should get ur facts straight. the resil cap is in the 1400's and 130 counters most basic forms of resistances aka shadow prot aura and prayer of shadow protection. arcane mages will be able to have innately 140 with mage armor up and can get another 130 through aura/prayer. so it isnt a cap as much as we only gear to that far before it become a waste to gear for

Quote Originally Posted by MoshPit13
    you should get ur facts straight. the resil cap is in the 1400's and 130 counters most basic forms of resistances aka shadow prot aura and prayer of shadow protection. arcane mages will be able to have innately 140 with mage armor up and can get another 130 through aura/prayer. so it isnt a cap as much as we only gear to that far before it become a waste to gear for
    Well first off, there's no real resilience cap, which is why I used quotations. I put out the number 1230 because past that it loses some of it's utility.

Also I'm sorry I forgot about the mage armor. That's true that mages will still be able to resist your shadow spells, but 130 is still the number to aim for.

the cap was increased wit 3.2 and is currently 1414

As disc you want 4% hit, 130 spell pen and between 1100-1300 resilience, depending on personal preferance.
    Player: Vanish___________Server: No!
    Player: Preparation_______Server: Okay...
    Player: Vanish___________Server: I SAID NO DAMMIT!

Quote Originally Posted by K4ge
    the cap was increased wit 3.2 and is currently 1414

As disc you want 4% hit, 130 spell pen and between 1100-1300 resilience, depending on personal preferance.
    My mistake then, sorry for the false info, just looked it up the other day, guess I was looking at an outdated source.

Quote Originally Posted by fabian
    PvE Disc:
    The idea is to get enough regen so that mana is not a problem, then focus on thorough put.
    This is good advise until you're up to the standard 232 starter gear.

After that the Int on baseline heroic/badge gear gives you enough regen to ignore other outside regen sources. Disc does not need to gem for, or gear for regen under normal circumstances. Also, Haste is now much better than Crit when actually going for maximum throughput. Both are completely ignorable when shield spamming.

Disc stats for PVE come down to your PoH usage. If you cast PoH then you should be going for SP > Haste. Take crit only when you'd get Spirit instead. Haste/Mp5 > Haste/Crit > Haste/Spirit if you make good use of PoH. MP5 is weighted higher here because heavy PoH use will give Discipline mana problems.

Either way, general rule of thumb: 30% holy crit (unbuffed spreadsheet crit%), 20% haste (650 rating), ignore spirit/mp5.

Quote Originally Posted by fabian
    PvE Disc:
    Lol fabian, I'm not one to make fun of peoples English if it's not their first language, but "thorough put" is hilarious! I think you're looking for "throughput"!

Besides that, the advice is correct.

Quote Originally Posted by harky
    Disc does not need to gem for, or gear for regen under normal circumstances. Also, Haste is now much better than Crit when actually going for maximum throughput. Both are completely ignorable when shield spamming.

Disc stats for PVE come down to your PoH usage. If you cast PoH then you should be going for SP > Haste. Take crit only when you'd get Spirit instead. Haste/Mp5 > Haste/Crit > Haste/Spirit if you make good use of PoH. MP5 is weighted higher here because heavy PoH use will give Discipline mana problems.

Either way, general rule of thumb: 30% holy crit (unbuffed spreadsheet crit%), 20% haste (650 rating), ignore spirit/mp5.
    Also very good advice. Also, would love to see Crit PW:S in Cataclysm lol.

EX - <PIE CHART> US TOP 10 Check 'em out http://piechart-guild.com/

Quote Originally Posted by G l o w y r m
    Lol fabian, I'm not one to make fun of peoples English if it's not their first language, but "thorough put" is hilarious! I think you're looking for "throughput"!
    Whenever I right it, my browsers auto correct "corrects" it by splitting it, but the idea is shown either way, so I'm fine with it.

pure spell power gems and then look for haste on gear once you have like 30% holy crit.
    "I have friends, many friends. I have friends in China, India, Russia." "I will make deals, lots of deals. I'm good at making deals. Deals, deals, deals."

Deleted

*facepalm*
    PvP wise you want 1200+ resilience
    500+ haste
    130+ Spell Pen (I prefer going slightly above since my BGroup has ALOT of mage teams)

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by volkanik
    pure spell power gems and then look for haste on gear once you have like 30% holy crit.
    Nah, now that GoPW:S can proc DA; there's no limit on the Crit you can get.

For pvp, make sure u have at least 130 hit, and around 130 spell pen. you want as many dispels/mass dispels to hit as possible. Also try to have 1200 resil or so, but once you start getting your wrathful gear resil wont be a problem at all. (I'm actually at 1381 right now with the resil trinket, depending what teams I'm facing that day I swap out a SP trinket).

After that, I personally aim for all SP gems for red slot, sp + stam gems for blue, and sp + resil for yellow (could probably get sp + int tho).

For the non set pieces, I went one hit piece, and the rest haste. Faster global = faster dispels (faster everything, but w/e, yay for dispel). Starting out, I wouldn't gem for haste. Yes it's good to get, but not at the expense of your survivability stats like sp/stam. 500 haste is more of a goal for when you have the top gear and can afford to socket it, because this whole post is me being under the assumption you're just starting :P

Hope this helped ;D