Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Flurry 25%->30% hotfix live?

Quote Originally Posted by Tylla
    Shouldn't a 25% swingspeed boost change 2.6 into 1.95?

But I've never been sure how Blizzard work that stuff out regardless.
    No, haste increases your attack speed by 30%. What you do is wrong, you're decreasing time between attack by 30%.
    There is a difference between the 2.

It's not: Swing speed * (1 - haste) = hasted swing speed

Its: Swing speed / (1 + haste) = hasted swing speed.

2.60 * (1 - 0.30) = 1.95
    2.60 / (1 + 0.30) = 2.00

The latter is the correct one. It gives you 30% more attacks in the same time.

Also the fix has already been applied, tooltips never update until they correct that in a client side patch. The actual mechanics are server side so can be hotfixed.

Ah interesting i was under the impression that the Buff wasn't going to be live till they reset the servers(Tuesday)

Hmm.....well its tue. and i still read 25% woundering if anyone else knows what the deal is?

10+ Year Old Account

They just havent changed the tooltip. It's not a must for the tooltip to be correct for the math of the game to work correctly. The tooltip is for our convienence. They'll change it in about 6 patches to make it look like a buff only to disappoint you. (Yes I realize Cata will probably be out by then. Just tke my point and be happy with it Jeebus)
    Intel - Core i7-8700K 3.7GHz | MSI - Z370 GAMING PRO CARBON AC | Corsair - Vengeance LED 32GB DDR4-3400 Memory | Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive | Samsung - 850 Pro Series 1TB 2.5" Solid State Drive | EVGA - GeForce GTX 1080 8GB ACX 3.0 Video Card | Corsair - 850W ATX Power Supply | 2 x HP - Omen 27 27.0" 2560x1440 165Hz Monitor | Microsoft - Windows 10 Home 64-bit

haha alright just wasnt sure thanks asteryx

Quote Originally Posted by Asteryx
    They just havent changed the tooltip. It's not a must for the tooltip to be correct for the math of the game to work correctly.
    Kind of like how 2/2 Improved WF totem tooltips said 16% at least through Ulduar? o.O

Quote Originally Posted by Masicar
    Hmm.....well its tue. and i still read 25% woundering if anyone else knows what the deal is?
    Hotfixes NEVER change tooltips. It's been brought up before, near as I can tell the entire tooltip is stored locally on the client, but what the spell is actually going to do is a server mechanic, and they can change the data on the servers without a patch (patches are for changing client data).
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I pity people who have gotten so insensate to disrespect and abuse from repetition that they have elevated being jaded to a virtue.

Quote Originally Posted by Goregasm.
    i read somewhere that the enhancement flurry hotfix is already live, although there is no tooltip change... is this true?...

ive yet to notice a difference.

http://rawr.codeplex.com/WorkItem/Vi...rkItemId=17146

this is where i read it...
    A Hotfix can only effect features that emminate from the server into your cache folder. Since tooltips are called up upon from your game files, it is not changed and requires a patch to change that.
    Processor (CPU) - Intel Corei7 Six Core Processor i7-6850K (3.6GHz) 15MB Cache
    Memory (RAM) - 32GB HyperX PREDATOR DDR4 3200MHz X.M.P (4 x 8GB)
    Graphics Card (Dual) - 8GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1070 - DVI, HDMI, 3 x DP - GeForce GTX VR
    Storage Drives - 1440GB HyperXSAVAGE 2.5" SSD, SATA 6Gb/s (upto 560MB/sR|530MB/sW)
    8TB SATA-III 3.5" HDD, 6GB/s, 5900RPM, 64MB CACHE

Strange, they implemented (reverted) the 30% meleehaste part but didn't change the ranks.

Quote Originally Posted by Skaja
    Strange, they implemented (reverted) the 30% meleehaste part but didn't change the ranks.
    im not really shure what you are trying to say since implemented and reverted are in this case opposites O.o
    and someone already said. a hotfix can only change the mechanics of the spells and abilities but no tooltips. and since you have not downloaded a patch recently there is still the old tooltip!

edit: forgot the quote

as i said before even if hotfix is not shown in talents and other shit still the haste is wearing off after 3 hits not 5 so i think they forgot)

Quote Originally Posted by Nighty
    im not really shure what you are trying to say since implemented and reverted are in this case opposites O.o
    and someone already said. a hotfix can only change the mechanics of the spells and abilities but no tooltips. and since you have not downloaded a patch recently there is still the old tooltip!

edit: forgot the quote
    I put reverted there because Flurry was at 30% a couple of patches ago before it was nerfed to 25%. So instead of "implementing the hotfix" one could also say "reverting the nerf". But yeah, probably poorly worded.

And with ranks I meant the ranks of the flurry buff, which should be buffed to 5 ranks instead of the 3 ranks it currently has. So they changed flurry back to 30% meleehaste, but the buff still falls of after 3 non-crit meleehits. They only implemented a part of the hotfix.

edit: Nevermind, I mixed up the stacks of the flurry buff with the ranks of the flurry talent. So yeah, everything works as intended.

Quote Originally Posted by antifreeze
    as i said before even if hotfix is not shown in talents and other shit still the haste is wearing off after 3 hits not 5 so i think they forgot)
    It's always been 3 hits and not 5...

Quote Originally Posted by antifreeze
    You guys really need to re-read the initial post that was on this forums main page about 2 weeks ago. It stated not only that the haste increase would be added but also that the stacks would increase to 5 and that is what he's trying to point out. I'll see if I can find it.

And found it... it's on the 4th page about half way down...

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/t/24038...ancement-buff/
    We agree with some of the recent discussion about Enhancement dps. We are going to hotfix a change to the Flurry talent to increase it from 25% to 30% attack speed with 5 ranks.

We also agree that Enhancement may have survivability problems and understand that players don't necessarily feel they can afford the bonus Stamina from the Toughness talent, at least in PvE. We don't have an immediate change to deploy here, but it's something we'd like to fix and a candidate for future patches.
    Now that I read it the post is misleading in a way as someone stated. 5 ranks refers to the amount of talent points needed to obtain the talent, not the amount of hits you have 'flurried'. I got confused as I never recalled flurry being only 3 ranks but I haven't changed specs in so long it very well could have been without my noticing.