Pala in Heirloom able to Tank?

As the title says, is a paladin in heirloom gear able to tank instances al the way to lvl 80?

To be more specific: With the: Polished Spaulders of Valor, Polished Breastplate of Valor and Bloodied Arcanite Reaper.

Should I enchant them with tank enchants or is it not nessecary?

And can you please recommend some tanking specc when lvling.

Thanks in advance,

PS: Sorry for my bad english, it is not my native language.

Re: Pala in Heirloom able to Tank?

thrash blade with crusader on it is better for tanking. and my pally is currently tanking at 48 with those items including thrashblade
    blah blah blah, I post win, sometimes.

for the love of all that is holy, do not tank with a 2h as a paladin, get yourself a sword and a shield, else expect people to just leave/kick you in the higher instances

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Kramar
    for the love of all that is holy, do not tank with a 2h as a paladin, get yourself a sword and a shield, else expect people to just leave/kick you in the higher instances
    Just because you have aggro, doesn't mean you are a tank. So do as this fella said! Get a shield and the heirloom 1h mace and go pew some stuff up!
    The goblin warrior, Gallywix!
    "And the Heavens shall tremble!"

My name is Kenneth044, and I'm an altoholic!

Quote Originally Posted by Spotter
    As the title says, is a paladin in heirloom gear able to tank instances al the way to lvl 80?

To be more specific: With the: Polished Spaulders of Valor, Polished Breastplate of Valor and Bloodied Arcanite Reaper.

Should I enchant them with tank enchants or is it not nessecary?

And can you please recommend some tanking specc when lvling.

Thanks in advance,

PS: Sorry for my bad english, it is not my native language.
    You're planning on tanking with a two hander? What do you think you are? A Death Knight?
    Winner takes my car clean and clear. But if I lose, I take the cash and I take the respect!

Aside from the fact you should be using a 1-hander and shield for tanking, yes Polished Spaulders of Valor and Polished Breastplate of Valor are just fine for tanking all the way to 80, they probably have more stam than most gear on equal level, and you are unlikely to get defense capped in leveling gear anyway so them not having defense isn't a big deal. You could throw 100hp on the chest and a defense enchant on the shoulders if you have access to one like the aldor/scryers, though those don't work till level 70+.

15+ Year Old Account

at around level 40-50 you should use a sword and shield to tank, before that its not worth much with the near 0 block/crappy tps

15+ Year Old Account

You could tank up to 60 using all of that. Grab a 1h and a shield for after that. If you have the money, buy dual spec and go prot.

A paladin tanking using a 2 hander weapon.. I'm confused.

um.. what the hell happened to all the posts in this topic?

use one hand and a shield...

Its never a good idea to tank with a 2h axe... try getting the 1h heirloom sword and just get a decent shield for your level and you'll be fine.

The shoulders and chest: yes. The 2h axe: no, get an one-hander and a shield.

Quote Originally Posted by Daltain
    You're planning on tanking with a two hander? What do you think you are? A Death Knight?
    Paladins Lore wise can tank with 2handers.

oh Wait.......
    nvm
    Screw You,,,,,I said NVM

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Yes they are, did so myself. End of story

I leveled a pally tank in heirloom gear from 1 to about lvl 72 where I eventually replaced all of my heirloom gear: chest, mace, trinket and shoulders with the Cobalt stuff because it had defense rating on it since the heirloom doesn't and some quest drops and profession items (Monarch Crab at 75). I am guessing you could tank in heirloom from 1-80 but I am not sure that the lack of defense rating on the gear would matter or not in these normal dungeons. I just replaced them to be safe since I have 4 or mobs beating the crap out of me most of them time.

If you have the emblems to spare, you should still get the 2h. As stated before, below Level 60 (maybe 50, BRD wasn't that easy last time i visited... back in 2008) you really don't need a shield. I remember clearing scarlet monastery in BC as a Enhancer Shaman, getting healed by a Balance Druid. Just the two of us, obviously no heirlooms as it was before WotlK.
    Today I'd probably Spec in Ret for Seal of Command, at least until you can go for Holy Shield. It also gives you a possibity to gain mana when you glyph it.
    I don't see much useful stuff in the Prottree for Lowlvl Instances, where the DMG on the tank will most likely never be too much for the healer, unlike outhealing the damage on a low armored DD who pulled aggro off you.

e: 50, not 40.. although maybe more like 45, Temple/Maraudon could be candidates for some shield action.