Having problems with Retri DPS

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...fang&cn=Leeroy
    My armory first of all ^

Anyway Im only getting around 3k DPS on the Heroic dummies and Im not sure what im doing wrong, Im Hit capped, Exp capped and try gem all STR besides 3 expertise gems, I do basic FCFS rotation and my gear is not the worst but I would expect to be higher than 3k DPs in the gear I have, Just wanted some outside opinions on my spec/gear, Thanks in advance!

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: Having problems with Retri DPS

You cant use the dummy as a baseline test. Try to run TOC 10 to get some baseline numbers to use as a comparison. I am not a pally so I cant help you there, but using the dummy as a baseline is not adviseable.

You need your buffs to do dps, dummies suck.

10+ Year Old Account

using Seal of Vengeance (glyphed) you're expertise capped. NeS is bad for ret you would be better off with the Mirror Of Truth. i think using Glyph of Exorcism is better than glyph of consecration.

Not a fan of the name either, but thats just me

10+ Year Old Account

rets scale with every raid buff except 1 (Divine Spirit / Prayer of Spirit), so i'd advise hitting a 25 man and find your dps there. (Saurfang/Festergut are good. If you cant get those, Jaraxxus on normal is solid too since you can get away with not target swapping if your OT holds the mistresses on the boss. Melee shouldn't be chasing the infernals anyways.)
    Look up, see the buzzards circling?

Ok cheers guys I will do that, me not being a raiding person the dummies and heroic runs were my only way of getting my scores, but I will look into getting a raid

Yeah Mirror of Truth is on my list the other was just a placeholder trinket, better than nothing

its your gear mainly, those trinkets are really poor. also, don't gem expertise, its not as good as strength.

Quote Originally Posted by dawawe
    i think using Glyph of Exorcism is better than glyph of consecration.
    its not. consecration is the way to go.

use exorcism glyph only if you have at least 21ish expertise (in place of glyph of vengeangce)

http://elitistjerks.com/f76/t68951-r...updated_3_3_a/ - It's alot, but if you want to be really good you need to read it all.

I also suggest an addon called CLCRet - I find it very helpful

Glyph of Consecration > Glyph of Exo

Try downloading Rawr.

I myself play a Ret Pally. Had 4/5 T10 and was doing 7k....looked at Rawr for 20-30 mins and was doing 9k the next 25 man.

Don't use CLCRet.

Work with Rawr and DPS rotations and see which one works best for the gear you are in. Good Luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by glorithan View Post
    Bladestorm does not get stopped. the damage you do does. No one is stopping you from spinning around like a top with your arms held out.

they are just taking away the stick before you hurt someone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefie View Post
    All gold seller is smart, grammar used by they are much good.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffbuffpass
    Don't use CLCRet.
    you do realise CLCRet is completely customisable?

15+ Year Old Account

Ok, a few things.

Gemming for expertise is not good. If you get better gear, you should be able to gem for str. Both the new gear and the new gems will help with your dps.

Not speccing into Imp. BoM is also a dps loss. If you get this buff from someone else in a raid, then thats fine, but your dummy dps will suffer.

Also, Glyph of Sense Undead is better than Glyph of the Wise, since ICC mobs are undead. However, this will not effect your dummy dps either.

NES is indeed worse than Mirror of Truth. ArP is one of our worst stats and much of your gear has it.

Most of your gear is mediocre. 4pc t10 should be something you aim for. Almost any combination of 4pc will help your dps.

Also, make sure you are using the right priority list for your dps rotation.

Lastly, with your gear and very few, if any buffs, 3k dps on a target dummy is not unreasonable. Work on your rotation and work on upgrading your gear and your dps will certainly rise.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rytoz/advanced

If there's one thing I'm not, it's in control.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBissto
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...fang&cn=Leeroy
    My armory first of all ^

Anyway Im only getting around 3k DPS on the Heroic dummies and Im not sure what im doing wrong, Im Hit capped, Exp capped and try gem all STR besides 3 expertise gems, I do basic FCFS rotation and my gear is not the worst but I would expect to be higher than 3k DPs in the gear I have, Just wanted some outside opinions on my spec/gear, Thanks in advance!
    do not gem or enchant expertise. ever. str is better at 0 expertise all the way to cap. You are also well over hit cap, especially if you have a goat. in yellow sockets that yield a str bonus put a 10 str/10 crit gem. do icc rep runs to get your rep ring, and make damn sure you take the agility ring. put ap on your boots, that will help with the hit problem slightly. Make a Darkmoon card: greatness. try to get 2pc t10 asap. frost badges or VoA. Glyph of Sense undead. and do not listen to the person that said exo glyph is better than con glyph. It isnt, and has never been since glyphs came into game.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Zipp
    http://elitistjerks.com/f76/t68951-r...updated_3_3_a/ - It's alot, but if you want to be really good you need to read it all.

I also suggest an addon called CLCRet - I find it very helpful

Glyph of Consecration > Glyph of Exo

Gotcha. My pally's main spec is prot. And i dont play him much anymore. Got a t10 Upgrade token almost a month ago and it still had an hour and 45 minutes left on the trade timer when i made my hunter a scope on him

Quote Originally Posted by TheBissto
    6k dps on a dummy is 11k dps at properly raidcomped ICC 25m.

So 3k dummy dps should be equal to around 5.5k dps at raid.

yeah As others have said, it's mainly some poor gear/gem choices. Gemming for expertise is a loss over STR, even if you aren't capped. You're WAY over the hit cap. Get a mirror of truth as it is better than both of those trinkets. Also, bad glove enchant.Way too much ArP as well (I'm guilty of this too unfortunately).
    lol casual - Ret masochist since 05

Rullk

So you know, there is a problem with some Paladins atm and some DKs. Its one of their spells not doing the right amount of damage that they should, Divine Storm being the most common.

I have it currently to, my Divine Storm sometimes crits for 900 but thats when its really bad. Usual crits with the bug is only around 3k which results in a massive dps loss.

Talked to 5 different GMs in 2 weeks now all trying to fix it but they cant figure out what is causing it.

Deleted

all items: one slot at a time:

helm: that socket begs for an inscribed ametrine. try to replace this with T10 helmet asap.
    neck: no problems here.
    shoulders: no problems here, but try to get the T10 shoulders ASAP.
    cloak: get the valor cloak rawr sims your current higher, but after you get 4T10, get the frost AGI one.
    chest: use your nightmare tear here in the blue socket, pop an inscribed ametrine in the yellow and one of your JC gems in the red.
    wrists: no problems here, but use a normal STR gem.
    gloves: don't gem/enchant for expertise. and DEFINITELY no rare gems. use crusher and STR/crit gem.
    waist: no problems, but stick one of your JC gems here.
    legs: inscribed ametrine in yellow socket.
    feet: run HoR hc for the boots from LK escape, get in an ICC10 pug for the gunship boots, or get the BS crafted ones, either the ulduar ones or the ICC ones.
    ring 1: no problems here.
    ring 2: run HoR for sif's promise (LK, again, i think), or get in an ICC rep farm for the rep ring (agility one).
    trinket 1: get a darkmoon card-greatness.
    trinket 2: mirror of thruth.
    weapon: no problems, but i would recommend to get either bryntroll, or if cash allows it, a quel'delar.

in general, get 2T10 ASAP (shoulders and helm, then chest, then gloves if low on hit or legs if low on expertise). replace thos trinkets. try to get some ICC 5m hc loot.

and your prot specs blows like hell has frozen over and shattered from the dumbness.

Quote Originally Posted by nzall
    ring 2: run HoR for sif's promise (LK, again, i think), or get in an ICC rep farm for the rep ring (agility one).
    It's Lady's Promise, Sif's Promise is from Ulduar =)
    lol casual - Ret masochist since 05

Rullk