15+ Year Old Account

How far does Nervermelting Ice Crystal take me?

I recently got http://www.wowhead.com/item=51380 from icc i currently have http://www.wowhead.com/item=47293 is it worth losing so much haste as affic lock to gain a extra socket and crit?

15+ Year Old Account

Re: How far does Nervermelting Ice Crystal take me?

i know as affic NIC is huge b/c of the crit on our corrupt that we can get outa it. But at what point does a trinket replace NIC?

Quote Originally Posted by hellar
    i know as affic NIC is huge b/c if the crit on our corrupt that we can get outa it.
    If i can understand this sentence i will give you an answer. But i just cant, i really tried.

Quote Originally Posted by hellar
    i know as affic NIC is huge b/c of the crit on our corrupt that we can get outa it. But at what point does a trinket replace NIC?
    i am still using spyglass and NIC and the only thing i would replace them with is DFOhttp://www.wowhead.com/item=50353 and the nameless lich trinkethttp://www.wowhead.com/item=50360.
    More pew pew less QQ

Wait, what?

The links the OP provided and is talking about are not trinkets.

Yet the subject is?

/confuzzled

Search for a while, you'll find the tables that list all the various trinkets and their worth, individually and by combination (try EJ).

NMiC is powerful enough for affliction that you won't replace it till very late, or BiS ICC trinkets. I'm talking 277 DFO / 264 Muradin's, or Phylactery. Any one of those paired with NMiC is a good choice.

264 DFO, NMiC, and 251 Muradin's are all very, very, easy trinkets to get. If you have these, then go with DFO/NMiC for almost any fight, but switch Muradin's in for NMiC when you KNOW you can't roll Corruption throughout the fight. Fights like this might be Gunship, Deathwhisper, Blood Princes, Sindragosa, (LK?).

15+ Year Old Account

I removed NMIC once i had 277 DFO & 264 Spyglass. Been happy ever since cos its just lame to build the dps around taking advantage of sloppy coded gamemechanics.
    If I remember back when I did my spreadsheet the alternatives when to get rid of NMIC were:
    277 DFO + whatever of the other ones
    264 DFO + 264 Phyla

Also, when starting with heroics there will be fewer fights when its possible to keep the rolling up, count that in as well when you decide when to ditch NMIC.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Considering the length of the fight for LK, you could probably roll it long enough and have the trinket be ready again for other phases.

He is asking if he should keep the i245 boots with haste or get the i251 boots with crit. He looks to be using the "crit" benefit of a trinket like NMIC as a justification for replacing haste for crit.

To me his question just means that he hasn't ever researched anything about a warlock.

The answer to the OP is that the overall DPS from both pcs is virtually identical. Based on your lack of knowledge of your class I would assume that neither peice would affect your dps in anyway.

15+ Year Old Account

On fights where you can maintain Corruption for the full fight:
    (Not including heroic mode, because I'm pretty sure you won't get those bosses dead)

DFO > Phylactery > NMIC > Muradin's > Reign > Illustration

On fights where you can't maintain Corruption:
    DFO > Phylactery > Muradin's > Reign > Illustration > NMIC

R.I.P. YARG