Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

The Guy in DPS gear while Tanking - Im AMASED

No,this isnt Troll nor QQ,but actually im going to give my thanks to this guy via this topic

So one day i decided i should go heroic daily with my 3rd alt (Shaman Healer,Armory in Signature),and Halls of Stone pop ups.Great,i hate this instance.Now i was even more ragenerd when i saw tank was standing in:

• PVP Gear
    • Retribution Specc
    • Without Shield
    • Only Righteous Fury active

I was just about to leave instance when he started pulling so i started healing.I was absolutely amased,he was top-notch,never failing with threat (obviously) and even more he never dropped 50% health (he was at 34k hp).

As seen on last picture,he was doing 3000 DPS Overall,he was actually first on list.

His armory: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...nger&cn=Pataky

This was done 15 minutes ago so it isnt updated,but it will be

Can anyone explain how this is possible?

P.S If anyone sees this guy,send him my salutes.Once again.

10+ Year Old Account

Re: The Guy in DPS gear while Tanking - Im AMASED

I tank heroics as a Holy Paladin lol

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Palcica
    Can anyone explain how this is possible?
    Resilience.

It's not exactly uncommon.

inb4 "BUT IT DURNT REDUCE DAMAGE!"
    I know.
    inb4 "BUT IT DUSNT REDUCE CRIT IN PVE!"
    Yes it does.

paladins have sacred shield absorbing a good chunk of dmg and also as ret when he is not using his Art of WAr proc on exorcism he most likely would cast an instant flash of light on him self, assuming that crit (which it should with the large amount of crit he has and the sacred shield proc) he gets a hot for a certain percentage i believe of the FoL's value. also righteous fury if specced right causes the pally to get 6% less dmg. divine storm heals 15% of the dmg it deals and last but not least judgement of light heals for another cerrtain percentage of the max hp on an attack.

Your joking, right? I can tank every 5man in the game as retri, except HoR(never even tried).

With PvE gear, not PvP gear. Its all about the healer.
    Kom alltid ihåg att du är helt unik. Precis som alla andra.

U wont beleive this but prot palas have higher dps than most reti when tanking due to hammer of righteous etc. If he is pvp speced he will have dmg reudction talents that effectively is righteous fury 6% less dmg taken and its up anyway threat based. Resilience makes you crit mmune aswell it just has no avoidance. Divine storm heals qhich would be a big parth and if he crits he can heal himself aswell.

Hm well not sure why he was so easy to heal then, i guess SS, judge of light and the Divine Storm heal all helped although minor on its own all 3 together make quite a difference i guess. But if you want someone in a tank role that tops the dps meters just take a prot pala with SoC and a slow 1h dps weapon, should do higher dps and easier to heal

And to the guy saying Resilience, that only works for getting crit capped. The damadge reduction doesnt work in PvE, so it does help but wont make the biggest difference i think.

I had a ICC25 geared retripaladin tanking with the 2h sword from LK 25, and a Spriest in similar gearlevel healing. Both were doing 5-8k dps. Also, this was just in a heroic obviously, where mobs simply don't do damage at high gear levels. So nothing really new here I guess :c

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Deathflame
    Resilience.

It's not exactly uncommon.
    Yup, resilience. You can get uncrittable via resilience as well as defense. Also, pvp gear is hardly lacking for stamina.

Though I'm pretty sure its uncommon to tank in pve with full resilience gear I certainly never saw it even once when I was playing.

How he got top in damage with that gear is what I'd be worried about, lol.

I usually queue as tank, go tank spec, equip a shield and sword, and then equip all my Ret gear. I have wicked cleave, combined with huge amounts of damage and threat. It's pretty efficient, even with a very under geared healer (Though can you call anyone under geared from a heroic standpoint?)

Quote Originally Posted by baddetiger
    Your joking, right? I can tank every 5man in the game as retri, except HoR(never even tried).

With PvE gear, not PvP gear. Its all about the healer.
    I usually queue as tank as ret successfully, but on time I got HoR as my random. Oh the horror...

Click sig for armory!

I'm more amazed with your ui! Why do you have 2 healthbars from the same target right next to eachother? Also ret pallys seem to do this alot.

Pretty much what others have said...with the gear it's pretty easy, also doable with the fury/prot spec for warriors.

My prot pally friend often tanks in prot spec with some ret gear. That leaves him with 40k hp, 4 to 5 k dps over all instance and enough mitigation to take a ret pally/elem shaman/sp to heal/shield.

nerf retridins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not exactly ground breaking I have tanked Koralon in dps gear on 25 man a couple of times on my DK. Ofc it requires some more attention from the healers, but still doable

I'm amazed you managed to totally not read the post, but fel the need to quote the whole post just to snipe at the OP, having not read the post :P He wasn't pointing out someone else's shortcomings, muppet

Every time you log in with this UI, God kills a kitten.
    Save the kittens.

Deleted

So you are actually surprised that paladins are overpowered?
    Paladins are the most brainless tanking class ingame.
    You need a face and a keyboard to tank with a paladin.

Thats about it...

Interesting....
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortis Darkskull View Post
    1st south park garots... now happy garots... next one must be overdramatic seinen manga garots...
    Best of 5 years!