a more usefull leap of faith and armor

I was thinking the other day. Leap of faith is rather lack luster imo for a max lvl skill if kept the same.

they say you can grab your partner in an arena if he is being owned and give him a retreat, however i cant remember the last time i was in a pvp setting (shadow or holy) and they all didn't aim to gunn me down anyway. in Pve moving ppl out of fire i find a good use but, i am there to heal and not to babysit other ppl.

I would like to see Leap of Faith pull me towards an ally. Priests as is have Little to no escape methods besides fear and run. If i get death gripped into a grp in a bg i would rather be able to evac myself to a safer spot rather than pull 1 of my friends into the fray. as for pve you could use it to get into a grp and do a PW:barrier i suppose. and it would make it really a leap of faith for a priest.

what ever they do with it i hope it is useable in shadowform. and would like to see it reduce threat and have a small heal/sheild to it if they keep it the way it is.

as for the armor i dont think it would be to OP to have armor and speed on inner fire as you "fill's the priest with a burst of holy energy increasing his armor" i take that to be something like adrenalin so have the speed with that. and then move the SP and the 10% instant cast mana reduction to inner faith (which i would like to have it named armor of faith) as it is the priests faith that sheilds them making them more powerful. Fire would be pvp to take less dmg and faith for pve. as now i see me riding with faith on dismounting buffing then putting on my inner fire.

so what do you all think i know nothing is final or even close but i think it would make a lot more sense

love always angel

Re: a more usefull leap of faith and armor

The Leap of Faith thing, I'm 50/50 on. I like the idea of being able to cross ground, after all its your "Leap" isn't it?

As far as threat reduction, a soft heal or shield going out as well, I can see that depending on spec (and/or a possible glyph slot?), though I'm not sure how it would react with Shadow.

I do not like your Inner Fire/Inner Will change. It effectively makes one PvP and the other the only one you'll use in PvE. It suddenly stops becoming a "choice", and you might as well put Charges back on them. Giving each a distinct advantage over the other, in both sections of the game, will come down to a playstyle thing, not an Arena (or even BG) thing.

Keep the Armor spells as they are.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

That's quite an interesting idea actually. If each tree made Leap of Faith slightly different. With Holy it could heal, Disc could shield and maybe Shadow could pull you to them instead.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

there are tons of times I have seen a use for leap in arena and bgs (bladestorming warrior happened to get inside my rogue, etc)

as for inner will being the pvp and fire being pve, also not true

will will (lulz) be used when you need the movement boost, you won't need to have it on 24/7, just when you need to move around (like say ghost wolf or druid forms or hand of freedom [gasp! balances?])

Waddlez, any real raider runs with 3% movement speed as is, and you can always run with Body and Soul, or Engineering boots, etc etc.

But having a movement speed and a mana cost reduction is balanced to an armor buff with SP, in PvE you make the choice. In PvP, you get the hell out of there to cast more, or you stand there and you tank it.

If it was Armor+Movement vs SP+Mana Cost, it'd be completely redundant and you might as well just forget the whole options of "choice".
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti
    Waddlez, any real raider runs with 8% movement speed as is, and you can always run with Body and Soul, or Engineering boots, etc etc.
    :P

15+ Year Old Account

I have the same opinion as the OP about Leap of Faith. For PVE, meh. For PVP, they allways gun me down before my partner, so making myself leap to my partner would be much more useful than the other way round.

And the armor... if the 12% movement increase stack with the boots enchant they should just make it 20% movement increase and make it not stack. Why? Because I like my Nitro Boots
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Puts the "Super" in Supermod Venara's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Well, currently holy priests pretty much only cast instants (CoH, Renew, ProM) and the occasional PoH / FH here and there. I can see myself choosing Inner Will in fights where mana is an issue and Inner Fire in shorter fights.
    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara