Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Twitter Dev Chat, Blue post

Quote Originally Posted by Barook

So, let me sum up GC's post:

"We want to make DS an AoE attack, so it shouldn't be used in your single target rotation, but maybe you will still have to use it in your single target rotation."

He just contradicted himself in his own post.
    God I hate people like you. you know, YOU are the type of people that blizzard allways makes fun of by using : "GC says paladins are faceroll" quotes as examples.

Either you're just a lonely troll that CRAVES attention and NEEDS to find something wrong no matter if everything is right, or you're just 10 years behind mentally..come ooon.

He's making the attack a primarily AoE attack, but he also says that since retridins are a cooldown based dps class, there will be times where every attack is on cooldown and it would be beneficial to actually press the aoe attack for more dmg, thus he's going to make sure that it doesn't do ALL TOO LOW dmg on single target.

I don't get how you did NOT understand that....

Don't pretend to be smarter about the game then the people actuall y DESIGNING it.
    Meh

Quote Originally Posted by kracker98
    So with less single target damage on Divine Storm Ret is going to have less boss damage :'(
    It's a preview. View it as such. Other abilities will probably be compensated to keep single target damage acceptable while keeping AOE damage from getting out of hand.

There are TONS of people crying about nerfs. You need to get this hammered in your head.

THIS IS A PREVIEW! EVERYTHING IS IN DEVELOPMENT AND SUBJECT TO CHANGE!

And in case you think I have no clue where I'm coming from, yes I play a paladin, both ret and prot.

Quote Originally Posted by RevanSparda
    BETA is near...Can you feel it?
    Yeah

Merging Kings with Sanctuary would make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Rifee
    God I hate people like you. you know, YOU are the type of people that blizzard allways makes fun of by using : "GC says paladins are faceroll" quotes as examples.

Either you're just a lonely troll that CRAVES attention and NEEDS to find something wrong no matter if everything is right, or you're just 10 years behind mentally..come ooon.

He's making the attack a primarily AoE attack, but he also says that since retridins are a cooldown based dps class, there will be times where every attack is on cooldown and it would be beneficial to actually press the aoe attack for more dmg, thus he's going to make sure that it doesn't do ALL TOO LOW dmg on single target.

I don't get how you did NOT understand that....

Don't pretend to be smarter about the game then the people actuall y DESIGNING it.
    Not harder to be smarter than gc dont know who's kid he was to get the job but he has been extremely out of touch with the actual community while just posting bullshit for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by thetaurenrogue
    Not harder to be smarter than gc dont know who's kid he was to get the job but he has been extremely out of touch with the actual community while just posting bullshit for a while.
    Problem is that most of the so-called community is out of touch of reality, and see things as black & white where your own character is the center of the universe. I hope this isn't news for you, but you're not an unique snowflake.

There is no nerf since every fucking number will change in Cataclysm. If normal health of characters goes up by 50-100% it means every single damage source will be re-balanced before the game ships. If one of your precious attacks gets nerfed, it means the other three gets a small buff to balance it out.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowreh
    i really wonder what is happening to the promise of us getting less uninteresting passive boni and more interesting active to use things.
    seeing how they fuck up with uninteresting masteries (+crit ohlolol +holy dmg ohlolol) i am pretty interested in how they screw up the talent trees.
    That was the whole point. Did you read any of what they posted before the previews? Mastery pulls the "boring, uninteresting" stuff out of the talent trees in and puts it in Mastery bonuses. Because Mastery is something you passively get from just spending points in a tree and/or getting Mastery on gear. They're doing exactly what they said they'd do. Mastery bonuses were never supposed to be all that interesting themselves (except the third tier Mastery), they're supposed to free up space in the talents tree for more interesting stuff.

I SERIOUSLY hope they do something awesome with enh shams. Right now with our current rotation, I'm kinda scared of what "new mechanics" they are adding. Especially since they want more yellow damage. Although they did say somewhere else they wanted to free up the GCD's a bit.
    Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah
    Problem is that most of the so-called community is out of touch of reality, and see things as black & white where your own character is the center of the universe. I hope this isn't news for you, but you're not an unique snowflake.

There is no nerf since every fucking number will change in Cataclysm. If normal health of characters goes up by 50-100% it means every single damage source will be re-balanced before the game ships. If one of your precious attacks gets nerfed, it means the other three gets a small buff to balance it out.
    Nice way to assume stuff about something i never even brought up. I think his failing was in leading developement in the homeginazation and easy mode making of this new add wow.

10+ Year Old Account

Thank you for the pally confirmations, now people can stop QQing

SERIOUSLY nefing DS will cut the Ret DPS even more. We are constantly falling behind as it is... I love Ret spec for the hybrid function but now after reading all the nerfs coming it is time to level and alt and retire the paladin while it still has some fun playing it...

Part of me wants to keep playing my paladin, while the other part wants to hide her away from Cata .
    Lok'tar Ogar!

Quote Originally Posted by Pertinax
    SERIOUSLY nefing DS will cut the Ret DPS even more. We are constantly falling behind as it is... I love Ret spec for the hybrid function but now after reading all the nerfs coming it is time to level and alt and retire the paladin while it still has some fun playing it...
    you're terrible.

l2preview, l2beta, l2gamechanges.

Changes for whirlwind and DS are retarded...
    I mean both of those abilities are awesome in pvp, outside of raid and in raid. Only reason to change them into button you press once on aoe packs (since in 80% of situations everything will be down before you get ability ready to use again) is because they give too big dmg increase on some fights?
    Whats next... nerfing consecration radius cause " it gives too much bonus dmg on some fights?" or perphaps removing pestilence from the game entirely cause it does exactly the same ?

Fun part is that in post about encounter design he mentions that in some fights some classes are better than others....

This is only the beggining of the cataclysm changes and yet blizz already started to discourage me to actually buy it :/

Instead of making bullshit changes like these he should focus on making hybrids equal in terms of utility...
    and finally make hybrids like warrs or dk's equal to utility of shamans, paladins or druids...

Where has Blizz said anywhere in the posts that they are giving us something to help the Ret spec? OH merging BoM and BoW is cool but nothing else helps...Here take away CS and make it core which is nice but fail to help...Everybody complains Ret is op but I never hear anyone say a Fury warrior is or how impossible it kill a Tree...NERF NERF EVERYONE back to the Vanilla days

Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah

^^^^^^^^

The idea behind WW/DS seems to be that they want them to primarily be AoE attacks, but not be so useless in single target situations that you'd make a spec specifically geared towards single target damage that didn't feature it.

Other posts seem to suggest that the designers want our abilities to have specialized roles such that you benefit or suffer based on how well you choose what abilities to use in what situations. Given that design plan, it'd make sense to expect a more diverse offensive toolkit for Ret.
    Personally, I'm expecting "Holy Strike" as the new 41 point that either has different effects based on your seal or interacts with your other attacks.

I also wouldn't be surprised if they made HotR baseline as a cleave type ability so that there'd be 'single target', 'few target', and 'multiple target' strike options similar to how healing classes with have "Lesser Heal" "Heal" "Greater Heal"

Quote Originally Posted by Panoramixe
    Please let this be sarcasm or some weird joke.
    This is a change coming with all the cataclysm changes, so talking about a single spell as a nerf is plain stupid.
    A nerf to this ability. I know that more changes will come, I'm just plain sad my lolstorm of awesome won't be so important on boss fights.

these previews are for cata stuff so there wont be nerfs for a long while and theres still the beta which will change some things, so i wont stop playing my pally

I hope they buff Crusader Strike back to weapon damage in light of the DS nerf.
    But yeah, talent trees haven't been exposed yet so it's too early to :'(.
    Definitely going back to my Paladin as soon as I catch the thief who 'acquired' my account. >