Disconnecting alot from WoW

I am not really sure whats going on but i get disconnected alot especially during combat (PvP or PvE but more during raids). I am still living with my family and we share the same internet connection. My sister is usually watching stuff online too. Parent's internet provider is "Clear" and i don't trust them. :-\ Unfortunately i wont be going to college until next year and they don't plan on changing internet provider so i was wondering if there is something i could do to stop disconnecting that much. :'(

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Disconnecting alot from WoW

1. Are you only DC'ing in-game? Is Vent DC'ing too?
    2. Is your entire internet connection going down?
    3. Does your family lose internet when you do?

If #1 is yes then no:
    Try this:
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...66992645&sid=1

If #2 is yes & #3 is no
    Your network card driver needs an update.

If #2 is yes & #3 is yes
    Your router firmware needs an update and/or your 2-in-1 Speedstream modem needs to be changed from b/g wireless setting, to just b.
    US Blizz Tech Support MVP
    Ressie - Medivh-US

Quote Originally Posted by Resa
    1. Are you only DC'ing in-game? Is Vent DC'ing too?
    2. Is your entire internet connection going down?
    3. Does your family lose internet when you do?

If #1 is yes then no:
    Try this:
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...66992645&sid=1

If #2 is yes & #3 is no
    Your network card driver needs an update.

If #2 is yes & #3 is yes
    Your router firmware needs an update and/or your 2-in-1 Speedstream modem needs to be changed from b/g wireless setting, to just b.
    Wow...thats alot of information to process but thx ill try all of them.

I was having an issue with this as well. I tried everything else, but this was what helped:
    http://us.blizzard.com/support/artic...468&rhtml=true

Basically you need to go into your LAN card settings and disable Checksum Offloading and change your speed to 100 Full Duplex. Not only did this stop the random disconnects, it also improved my latency.

I'm sure it's your router. You said your sharing the internet with family.

Cheap routers mixes up the IP = DC/Fat lagspike in gaming or streamed videos will stop load.

Get a good router, solved my problems.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Buddychrist
    I'm sure it's your router. You said your sharing the internet with family.

Cheap routers mixes up the IP = DC/Fat lagspike in gaming or streamed videos will stop load.

Get a good router, solved my problems.
    Actually, the fact that his system is having disconnect issues and none of the other computers are points more to his NIC being the point of error (whether hardware, firmware, or driver level) than the router.

Was clueless before when I had random DCs. Tried everything nothing gave an improvement.
    Was checking into my router through browser and checked the logs. Everytime someelse in home using the internet it clears the IP and delivers 2 new. (Got dynamic IP not stable)

Then bought a gamer router for 25euro and since then no more disconnects (HORRAY!!!)

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Buddychrist
    Was clueless before when I had random DCs. Tried everything nothing gave an improvement.
    Was checking into my router through browser and checked the logs. Everytime someelse in home using the internet it clears the IP and delivers 2 new. (Got dynamic IP not stable)

Then bought a gamer router for 25euro and since then no more disconnects (HORRAY!!!)
    You either had the cheapest router in history or a hub/switch. Routers track packets by MAC address to ensure they're sent to the correct location, which eliminates a vast amount of (if not all) data collisions and mis-delivered packets.