Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: #BlizzChat Developer Chat on Twitter 4/16

Quote Originally Posted by FireBorne
    Solar beam + coi + any dps= massive incoming QQ
    I sense the rise of new arena teams . Rmp can bugger off. Weve got shroomy/dk/(shammy?) now >=D.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomm
    HEY GUYS
    CATACLYSM IS GOING TO RUIN THE GAME.. BUT I CANT REMEMBER WHY!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddlesnarf View Post
    I prefer my own description.

The Alliance, we have beards.
    Fuck you.

Quote Originally Posted by Skoro
    And if it's raining, it does half damage.
    Casting Healing Rain on a target invoked with Solar Beam will cause the Solar Beam to be dispelled. And gives a 15s debuuff called Soaked, granting an immunity to Solar Beam.
    In the Groves of Death

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Torethyr
    Whoa, whoa... What? Trainable 310%? Wait, do you at least have to have a 310% mount so the 280% mounts scale up? One of the rewards that the raid drakes bring is that they're faster than what the non-raiders get. Besides being a cool looking mount, it's an actual reward for your effort. Taking that away so that anyone with X gold can fly at 310% would suck hard.
    They might as well roll out the Red Carpet now with the words: Hard-Core Raiders that worked for those 310% Mounts, Welcome to Hell. Casuals - Welcome to Casualcraft.

TL;DR: Move along, nothing new to see just Blizztards adding more stuff to Casualcraft.

Quote Originally Posted by Panoramixe
    Retribution paladins will be getting an interrupt.
    Can't they finally stop whining now? ;D

No. Now that cleanse is gone paladins will be kited anyways. So we still need a snare/gap closer ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Arthrix
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Q. Could the Shadow priest's Mastery bonus instead be something more distinctive from shaman shield orbs (like shadow ravens)?
    A. The original “fantasy”; behind the Mastery bonus is that you’re storing shadows through combat with you, that you can unleash out using Mind Blast or Mind Spike for more burst damage. We're not sure about ravens or how that relates to a Shadow priest, but we’re definitely going to do some unique art for them.
    Uhh...http://www.wowhead.com/npc=27202

Does Blizzard not even REMEMBER their own content?
    Well, give them a break...the Raven priest was used only once and the mobs are pretty forgetful. And WoW IS a pretty big game. Just hearing "shadow ravens" isn't going to make everyone remember "Hey....those mobs from the Scarlet Onslaught!"

Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)

Q: Why are you giving Mages more Crowd Control?
    A: We like for classes and specs to have themes. Part of the mage kit is control. Part of the warrior kit is mobility.
    They're kidding, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Scotland, where we talk funny, and slowly kill ourselves with chippy home-deliveries and booze.

Druids are getting Solar Beam, eh?

Venatróll is taking in sunlight!
    ^ _____ ^

Such crap.... Making 310% a trainable skill. No point even bothering pvping anymore cus my drakes is going to be no good anymore. Because now all the noobs can fly around with it. Fail Fail Fail! Just as much fail as the mount you buy for real cash.

"Q: How will "active spell is more powerful" be handled with no more dot clipping?
    A: How about we get rid of “a more powerful spell is active” altogether? If you have some bonehead overwriting your more powerful buff or debuff, we’d rather you handle that issue socially. "

Not often you see Blizz not only miss the ball, but miss the entire point of the question. My brain hurts now. What a horrible response. Did they not realize this was a reference to DoTs, not buffs/debuffs? It even says 'dot clipping' in the question. :

why do people ask boring and useless questions ? this is like the tv show lost seriously. nobody asks the most important questions..

- hi, i am a blizz dev. you can ask me any questions about the upcoming patch. you can have one question only.
    + hai thar mr dev. thanks for makin this game so kewl
    - no problem, thats all ?
    + yup

-.-

Markmanship hunter will be able tu use Cobra Shot ??
    Can you give more details about Cobra Shot ??

thanks

Nice to know that skill is so meaningless in this game that they will give anyone the opportunity to get what ever they want.

10+ Year Old Account
    Scotland, where we talk funny, and slowly kill ourselves with chippy home-deliveries and booze.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezzet
    Such crap.... Making 310% a trainable skill. No point even bothering pvping anymore cus my drakes is going to be no good anymore. Because now all the noobs can fly around with it. Fail Fail Fail! Just as much fail as the mount you buy for real cash.
    Because everyone will have the Drake you claim to own. Right.

Quote Originally Posted by frodinho
    Markmanship hunter will be able tu use Cobra Shot ??
    Can you give more details about Cobra Shot ??

thanks
    Cobra Shot is usable by all specs, but it's designed with BM in mind. Armour Pen will make other shots better for other specs.
    ^ _____ ^

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by harky
    "Q: How will "active spell is more powerful" be handled with no more dot clipping?
    A: How about we get rid of “a more powerful spell is active” altogether? If you have some bonehead overwriting your more powerful buff or debuff, we’d rather you handle that issue socially. "

Not often you see Blizz not only miss the ball, but miss the entire point of the question. My brain hurts now. What a horrible response. Did they not realize this was a reference to DoTs, not buffs/debuffs? It even says 'dot clipping' in the question. :
    I guess your question was really with no dot clipping whether "new lesser dot" really wins or if it refreshes the more powerful dot? I think they answered that question:

(powerful dot + new lesser dot) exclusive ? powerful dot wins OTHERWISE powerful dot and lesser dot.

If they get rid of the "a more powerful spell is active" mechanic then:

(powerful dot + new lesser dot) exclusive ? new lesser dot wins OTHERWISE powerful dot and lesser dot.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubhailt
    Because everyone will have the Drake you claim to own. Right.
    I didnt mean my pvpdrake you ****. I mean the speed!

Quote Originally Posted by Dubhailt
    Armour Pen will make other shots better for other specs.
    What armor pen?

Whoever asked the question about raiding and how skilled and experienced you think you are now, I dare you to log out of WoW and play a console video game. Go buy a PS2 for $50 and a copy of Jak 2 for $5-$10. I bet you can't even make it half-way through the game with crying like a little girl.

This game requires ZERO skill.

Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx
    And yet, we're not in beta yet and it's a rough answer at best. It's likely it'll require you to have a 310% already.
    Or maybe they will transform the current 310% into a Feat of Strength. And then anyone can have a 310% skill.

What happens to engineering with no bullets to sell? how will we make gold? :-\

Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)

Q: What improvements to the UI are being considered (particularly for raid healing)?
    A: We would like to update the default Blizzard UI. It has some fatal flaws, such as not being able to show buffs and debuffs simultaneously. We probably won’t ever go as crazy as some of the mods out there just because they provide a ton of customization, which is one of the things players like about them. We do think players deserve a raid UI that is fully functional for those players who just don’t like to install a lot of mods. We hope to get this change in for Cataclysm, but we’re changing the UI for the spell book, talent pane, professions window, character stats, guild, friends and probably a dozen things I’m forgetting, so it’s just a matter of how much time we have.
    Now that is some exciting news. The default UI is anything but good.