Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Solo ZG tiger boss as a Shadowpriest, no bugs

Just pretty much a how to, or if anyone is curious if they can solo the ZG tiger boss as a shadowpriest without exploiting, which you cannot do anymore anyways.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0hvn_axX3E

Re: Solo ZG tiger boss as a Shadowpriest, no bugs

Shield self and wait 15 seconds, VE, DoT all bosses while kiting, summon Fiend as you kite, reshield... GG?

If you really want to make it stupidly easy go Disc and spec into Reflective shields. Shield self, spam Holy Nova... Pretty sure they can be killed as 0/0/0 specced on any class with heals... so...

Did you really have to show all your t10 marks in the beginning? I mean, really?
    "If you need to add '10char' to be able to post, don't bother posting at all."

Quote Originally Posted by Arachnan
    Did you really have to show all your t10 marks in the beginning? I mean, really?
    This.

It's hard to aquire sanctified tokens, give him a cookie.

My favorite part was when he said "You can pretty much do it with no gear at all"

lol "loved" the way you showed the Tier tokens, "UPS Missclick in bag and accidently moused over on ALL of tier tokens.....and pvp water"

XD
    BoOoOoOmMmM!

lol sorry got them for 2nd sets of shadow gear for resil to chest, resil to shoulders, and my off spec gear... but go ahead post a video of you doin this as disc pls i would love to see how its done

nice vid man. BUT as a few ppl have commented:

http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/5369/spzg.jpg

No reason to screencap, or any of the like. It's easily visible that it's Curiouz from Cho'gall. Doesn't make it any more impressive, it's something people have been solo farming since the release of Wrath and realizing that most classes can solo for Tiger/Raptor mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by harky
    No reason to screencap, or any of the like. It's easily visible that it's Curiouz from Cho'gall. Doesn't make it any more impressive, it's something people have been solo farming since the release of Wrath and realizing that most classes can solo for Tiger/Raptor mounts.
    Still wanna see the video of you killing this as a disc priest, not sayin its hard, as i say in the video its simple, but the boss chain silences... so GL as about any caster

Im sorry, but you healers acting like this wouldn't be hard to do, are mistakenly wrong.
    You have to take into account the adds heal the boss and they need to die with the same time frame.
    Combine that with stuns.
    Silences.

Dotting and the supposed lolholynova spam isnt going to cut it.

Just because you didn't accomplish it doesn't mean you should go, "Yawn, Im unimpressed, this is easy and old news."

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account

solo'd hakkar with all priests alive on my DK, u dont see me bragging about it

except here..

Quote Originally Posted by Revitalize
    Im sorry, but you healers acting like this wouldn't be hard to do, are mistakenly wrong.
    You have to take into account the adds heal the boss and they need to die with the same time frame.
    Combine that with stuns.
    Silences.

Dotting and the supposed lolholynova spam isnt going to cut it.

Just because you didn't accomplish it doesn't mean you should go, "Yawn, Im unimpressed, this is easy and old news."
    I solo this on my Disc Priest in my PVP spec; they can not do more damage to me in 15 seconds than my PW:S absorbs. It takes ~10 minutes to kill them by wearing them down. They do not heal up faster than I damage them. Shield = Holy Nova until silenced, then watch Reflective shield wear them down. I also solo this on my Holy Paladin. I stay Holy, but use my Prot gear with SoL and JoW and auto-attack them to death with RA up. I also solo this on my Druid with Thorns in treeform and auto-attacking. My Shaman solos this despite only being 75, but I will admit that I do it as Enhance because it's just so simple to do as Enhance. MW-LHW and Wolves make this stupid easy.

I also do it on my Warlock, but I'll admit that's total zerg. I put my Felguard on Zath, then Seed x4, blow Meta and nuke Thekal. He dies and Zath/Lor'khan are at ~50% so I just burn down Zath, then Lor'khan in that order. Lulzerg. I do it on my DK too, but that's completely unimpressive since all I do is my normal Unholy rotation with DS instead of SS. My favorite is my friend on his Arcane Mage. He just blows all his cooldowns and kills them in order: Thekal, Zath, Thor'khan. He kills them fast enough with burst that they don't res and Thekal never gets to silence him.

This is way, way less impressive than you're making it. I can't think of any classes that can't solo for tiger mounts. Mutilate rogues might have issues, but Combat certainly doesn't. BF + KS then Evasion and GG. Soloing ZG bosses is stupid easy. The only one that can be a real problem is Jin'do, but only because he likes to bug out.

Quote Originally Posted by Pieterman
    solo'd hakkar with all priests alive on my DK, u dont see me bragging about it

except here..
    tried that lately? for the past few weeks, he's been "unsolo-able" for me, bugs and resets after doing 1% damage to him

This is in noway, a "OMG LOOK AT ME I CAN DO THIS" as said in the original post, its a how to for people, or if they were curious if they CAN solo it as shadow, i only made it since there is no videos of a shadowpriest soloing it that i could find, and i dont want people to be discouraged to try it....... and harky not to be a dick bro but iam pretty sure you're talking out of your ass, one of the very first things this boss does is cast silence, burning the boss down with thorns would take 30+ mins to OOM them, then the chick would regen faster than you could get it low again, i did find a vid of a disc priest soloing it, but from the chat timeframes, looks like it took him almost 30mins, that was with mana burning, and the boss did out DPS his PWS very easily, he was in all ICC25 gear, with x2 Solace, as disc, so i really think you're just some troll on these forums harky, seeing as you almost have 3k posts, you're probably just some scrub who farms heroics on wow~ but iam glad you have fun =)

It has nothing to do with mana burning, or anything of the like. Lor'khan only heals for ~40k and is only cast roughly every 20 seconds on a single target. The whole idea is to get Thekal to die with the other two at medium-low health, which is not at all hard. I know you're proud of yourself and all, but you shouldn't be so defensive. These are bosses which only have ~100k health and do nothing dangerous except silencing. If either my Druid or Priest weren't saved I'd post a screenshot, but it's something I've been doing biweekly for about six months now. I have the tiger on my Paladin now, but I doubt you'd be impressed by that considering they only hit for around 100 on plate and if not for Gouge I could just go afk with SoL on and never die.

It's like people who were so proud to kill Ony-60 at 80. Yeah, it took a while to down her, but she didn't do enough damage to kill a healer. You can just keep on going until she dies. No enrage, nothing life threatening. Just keep going until you win. If you want to do something really impressive you should try Prophet in AQ40. Obscenely hard and requires special gear, but fun.

Nice video. Thank you for sharing. I don't understand why people here are making such a big deal out of it. Since when is making a video and posting considered "showing off"? Sure, it's been done before, but so does the x1 million paladin solo ony 60, x1 million random class solo strat, boss kill video etc etc out there. If you have already done it before in whatever spec, you don't have to click on the link and watch it. No one is asking you to do that. The dude took the time to frap, give him a break.

By the way, nice marks. ;D

GM/Raid Leader of <Air>, Sargeras-US, Alliance
    13/13M Mythic Morning/Day-Time Raiding Guild

Now recruiting for Legion! Apply at air-guild.com

Lots of people over-reacted because they thought it was a pserver due to having 8 marks and not using them. :P

Lol I suppose. Figure they would know that marks are useless unless you have the set, which requires a good amount of frost emblem. The OP already have the shadow set, so I'm guessing he's probably farming the next 400 or so frost emblem for the resi set and off spec set, (both together assuming only 4pc bonus is 700 or so emblem), hence the nice stock.

GM/Raid Leader of <Air>, Sargeras-US, Alliance
    13/13M Mythic Morning/Day-Time Raiding Guild

Now recruiting for Legion! Apply at air-guild.com