Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Deleted

How did I miss THIS? Range Change!

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Hunter minimum range is gone!
    Hunter melee weapon is gone!
    Ranged slot for all other characters are gone.
    Rogues and warriors can now throw their melee weapon
    Wands become main hand weapons
    Does this mean Hunters only weapon will be their bow/crossbow/gun? Interesting but a little disappointing on an RP point of view but YAY NO MORE MINIMUM RANGE! The bane of my hunters questing! I guess the ranged slot removal is to make bows/guns/crossbows exclusive to Hunters but the wands becoming main hand weapons confuses me a little, does this mean no wand with 2h staff? Got to say though seeing Warriors throw their 5ft long weapon at enemies will look hilarious

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, that's exactly what it means. Hunters will be shooting point-blank instead of melee'ing now.
    When asked about the role of women in video games, Samus Aran said, "..." - and then she blew up the planet. AGAIN.

Appears so will have to see. I stopped playing my hunter in Cata. The Minimum range thing being gone could be great or it could make hunters completely OP. We'll have to see how it plays out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Miralynn View Post
    Yes, that's exactly what it means. Hunters will be shooting point-blank instead of melee'ing now.
    Point blank shooting with a bow....weird.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am 100% you could melle with the wand as caster. Wands are extra slots so you dont have to use daggers etc.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds good to me. I find Hunters needing melee weapons pointless. It will make itemization SO much better for both classes.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Descense View Post
    I am 100% you could melle with the wand as caster. Wands are extra slots so you dont have to use daggers etc.
    Twig or dagger.. twig.. or dagger..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazomir View Post
    Legolas wants a talk with you son

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazomir View Post
    Magic! But I think a sense of disbelief will be required on this one

The coolest thing is, no more ranged weapons for any class but Hunters.

Warriors and Rogues just chuck their weapon at the enemy and then dislodge it when they get to melee.

Thunderfury?

Ranged?

Toss it at the fucker!

Warglaive of Azzinoth?

Pfft.

IMPALE HIM FROM AFAR!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gaq62VCcnew
    Nevar 4get Exarch Cyn.
    The Horde and The Alliance haven't changed since Warcraft 2. Pandaren are the first true change to either faction for 12 years.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DissPanda View Post
    He also duel weilded swords...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DissPanda View Post
    What he means is Bows require momentum, if you press an arrow against a melon and release it won't pierce the melon

10+ Year Old Account
    if wand are main hand weapons what happens to staffs or does it just mean wands will be an alternative to daggers,swords, mace ?

Quote Originally Posted by Vutar View Post
    Appears so will have to see. I stopped playing my hunter in Cata. The Minimum range thing being gone could be great or it could make hunters completely OP. We'll have to see how it plays out.
    Seriously HOW could this make hunters OP? Every other range class can already use their full range of abilities from 0 yards, are they OP? This is the most overdue change in the history of WoW IMO. Too bad they decided to drop it for the expansion that made me quit.

"Now if you threw your melee weapon you must go and get back it!"

Deleted
    "Got to say though seeing Warriors throw their 5ft long weapon at enemies will look hilarious."

Totally this,

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    if wand are main hand weapons what happens to staffs or does it just mean wands will be an alternative to daggers,swords, mace ?
    exactly that. wands will swap from the ranged slot to the main hand slot and thus be the only mh weapon only to be used by clothies.

Their goal is to not have stack sticks anymore, wich is why they removing relic , throw weapon, wand slots, and since hunters use melee weapons for stats only they removing them for them i guess

10+ Year Old Account
    Thank god, we needed this, this is so good for Pvp and PvE tbh, now..they just need to buff the bows/armor to compensate for the loss of a melee weapon...(That agility from my axe matters you know)
    Howay the lads!

Deleted
    i loved the quote at the end by chris metzen..

Was something along the lines of:

This effectively made it go from "All weapons are hunter weapons" to "There aren't any hunter weapons".