Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

Old World Panoramas!

This article was featured on WoWInsider!: http://wow.joystiq.com/2010/04/26/wo...your-computer/

Updated November 2011:
    "Hey everyone! So good news! A better job and more college later, I've finally reached a point where I can get back to these, and in time to get some awesome Cataclysm panoramas for you all. I'm going to start publishing new panoramas of each Cataclysm zone as well as the Old-world that has changed with Cataclysm. I'm going to be uploading these as photos that are optimized for all of your multi-monitor people so that you guys will now have a nice wallpaper selection to choose from. That being said, I have a few things on my agenda:

- Re-upload all of existing files on a better host for downloads
    - Establish a dedicated host or website for these, and other, Warcraft arts
    - Develop more large scale panoramas and wallpapers

At this moment, I'm going to start taking some requests again of specific areas and zones. Below is a little teaser to get this ball moving again, and of course I still have the old images hosted below them. I'm looking forward to get this project rolling again, and hope you guys enjoy what you see!

- Chonkers"

Cataclysm:
    Deepholme

Archive:
    "So, I asked a while ago about the interest in making panoramic shots of the old world zones before Cataclysm and the response was pretty good. That being said, here is where I'm going to upload them for you guys. I've read some of the PM's I got, and the replies on the other forum about starting a website for these, but I'm a broke college student so unless I can find a cheap or free domain (and I'm not talking some .tk stuff, but an actual .com domain) I won't be able to start a site. I'm not ruling out starting one though."

Kalimdor:
    Durotar:
    Orgrimmar 1

Moonglade:
    Moonglade 1

Winterspring:
    Winterspring 1

Winterspring 2

Felwood:
    Felwood 1

Darkshore:
    The Master Glaive

Auberdine

Tanaris:
    Tanaris Sands

Gadgetzan

Mulgore:
    Thunderbluff

The Barrens:
    The Crossroads

Thousand Needles:
    Thousand Needles 1

Mirage Raceway

Silithus:
    Cenarion Outpost

AQ Gates

Un'goro:
    Crystal Cave

Fire Plume

Dun Morogh:
    Iron Forge 1

Undercity:
    Throne Room (This was a lot of fun to make )

Elwynn:
    Stormwind Keep

Western Plaguelands:
    Andorhal

Stranglethorn Vale
    :
    Booty Bay

Gurubashi

STV 1

STV 2

ZG

Redridge:
    Redridge 1

Deadwind:
    Karazhan

NEW PANORAMAS AS OF JULY 2010
    Silverpine Forest

Silvermoon City (dead side)

Outlands
    :
    Hellfire:
    Dark Portal

For now, I'm just going down in order of zones starting from the top (I'll make my way to Darnassus a bit later though).
    If you guys have any image that you would really like, then post here. I'll take requests in the order that they are posted.
    As well, if there's a certain section of a zone (i.e. Tarren Mill in Hillsbrad) then let me know here as well and I'll work my best to get those out to you guys.

Note: These are uploaded to imageshack, so if for some reason the bandwidth gets used up and I'm not home to replace the file right away then just chill for a bit and I'll get a new one up asap.
    Last edited by Chonkers; 2011-11-05 at 09:27 AM.

Re: Old World Panoramas!

-Tanaris! maybe one of the giant skeletons in the desert. Or one of the ruins.
    -Western Plaguelands - the town where that lich dude is.
    -Stranglethorn - Booty Bay of course!
    -1k Needles - The salt flats.
    -Silithus - AQ or the druid place in the middle.
    -Searing Gorge - The Cauldron (the big middle pit)

eh, theres alot more but I'll be quiet now.

Oh wow, what a fantastic idea! Great job, Cybear. I'm saving this as a bookmark.

We probably need one for Stonetalon Mountains as well, as this area is rumored to be a major change. I think perhaps the side from the barrens entrance is the most characteristic. Ironically, we probably need flying mounts to do this shot properly. The druid place at the top is really nice too, but I'm not sure how characteristic of STM it is.

I think the volcano/mountain in the middle of Un'goro would make a fantastic panorama as well.

I don't know if it's practical, but I feel the main interior of org, as if facing the bank, is very important to document in panorama. Sadly, I don't have the knowhow or programs required to do such shots.

15+ Year Old Account

<3 for not 1, but 2 wintersprings.

Stonetalon Mountains - That peak place with all the druids/dryads and nice
    Un'Goro Crater, Hot springs and raptor nests

desolace is also being revamped so something from there would be nice.

Would also love one of Felwood, being a warlock I just have to love that place!

Great job on the ones you have done.

Quote Originally Posted by spk
    <3 for 2 wintersprings.
    There's so much diversity in this zone that I couldn't settle for just one.

I'm planning on making multiple shots for every zone, but for now I wanna just get at least one covered in each zone.

I can see Winterspring having about 3 more. One in goblin town, one on the Twilight Cult area (the gourge place) and one around the bridge leading into that area with all the giants. Or in the cave next the Hyjal.

Great post, I was just thinking of this myself. They will be changing some of the zones completely, it would be nice to be able to have pictures / video of how they used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx
    I do like these a lot.

Just curious, but was this done with some sort of tool, or with multiple screenshots that are photoshopped together?
    It's done with multiple shots. I hand stitch them with photoshop, and use the photomerge tool to get out any impurities afterwords.

Great job. Looks excellent.
    Carthago delenda est.

Quote Originally Posted by Renard117
    -Tanaris! maybe one of the giant skeletons in the desert. Or one of the ruins.
    -Western Plaguelands - the town where that lich dude is.
    -Stranglethorn - Booty Bay of course!
    -1k Needles - The salt flats.

-Silithus - AQ or the druid place in the middle.
    -Searing Gorge - The Cauldron (the big middle pit)

eh, theres alot more but I'll be quiet now.

I agree with all of these especially the ones I bolded.

-A panorama of Blackrock mountain would be sweet, maybe inside with the dragon flying above.
    -A panorama of Crossroads in Barrens
    -A panorama of Moonbrook (VC) with the mountains behind
    -A panorama of the entrance to Dire Maul
    -A panorama of Red Ridge mountains: Either the castle where alot of the quests are or the main town with the mountains behind. (with the view from across the lake with the bridge in view)
    I'm on hiatus. Waiting till summer/cataclysm to get back to my sexy orc warlock. You jealous!

Quote Originally Posted by Straye
    Stonetalon Mountains - That peak place with all the druids/dryads and nice
    Un'Goro Crater, Hot springs and raptor nests
    Dont dare forgetting the crystal cave in ungoro! easly one of the most beautiful places in WoW
    "I think some of our best class designs come out when a mediocre player can get X performance out of the class with a simple rotation, but an exceptional players can coax slightly > X damage by doing a more complex rotation." - Ghostcrawler
    Its official, there is no skill in wow nor is it designed to require it, stop wasting time reading/making guides and just face-roll, you will just do "slightly" less dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx
    Ah cool cool. Think i might do some of these myself. I'll see what i can do about hosting. Provided they're hosted on Imageshack, i can probably setup a site for you. I wouldn't be able to host 9mb images getting 1k+ hits a day though due to it being part of a guild website too (despite having 150Gb of bandwidth per month, it'd get eaten so so quickly), but setting up some pages for you with a full CMS (Joomla! 1.5) only takes an hour or so.

It's 5:30AM here so just PM me if you're interested and i'll check it out tomorrow/when i wake up
    I considered the gamble of just investing the money for the first bit, and relying on ads to maintain it afterwords, but I'm not sure yet.

I love this entire idea. And topic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubbleguy
    Hi, my druid is currently lvl 75 and i'm going for resto at lvl 80, so my question is, what is the most used resto healing rotation?.

Really nice piece of work

Westfall would have been cool. The calmness of the fields n farms, ahh relaxing

Topic bookmarked. I love the idea.

As for a suggestion... with the changes incoming and the fact that I love the look of the zone it would be great to do one of Azshara showing the ruins overlooking the bay.

Just as I was reading the Dev chat about Cata I was thinking about going back to all the zones and taking SS, then I saw this post.

Thank you so much for this, the shots are really perfect.

Darkshore is quite beautiful aswell, the village and the glaive i would say?
    Also, duskwood, cemetery and town shots, and without a doubt, karazhan outside shot showing the ruined town and the tower
    "I think some of our best class designs come out when a mediocre player can get X performance out of the class with a simple rotation, but an exceptional players can coax slightly > X damage by doing a more complex rotation." - Ghostcrawler
    Its official, there is no skill in wow nor is it designed to require it, stop wasting time reading/making guides and just face-roll, you will just do "slightly" less dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Twidis
    Darkshore is quite beautiful aswell, the village and the glaive i would say?
    Also, duskwood, cemetery and town shots, and without a doubt, karazhan outside shot showing the ruined town and the tower
    I'm writing all of these suggestions down, and I'm going to get working on them tomorrow. So keep checking back

10+ Year Old Account

Very nice! Thank you for doing this.
    I love it when a plan comes together.