Need help: Trying to use Frap to save a youtube Video and put on I-pod

Tried to use Frap to record the screen.

But when I drag it to the I-tunes, nothing happens.

I tried opening the video with quicktimes but now only the audio plays, nothing else.

So how do I get my recorded YT videos put on my I-pod using frap?

Re: Need help: Trying to use Frap to save a youtube Video and put on I-pod

I'm not sure if this is against the forums rules (if it is then please delete this post)

There is a program called "Youtube Downloader" that lets you download videos from youtube and also convert it to any format like Mp3 or Mp4.
    Just convert the downloaded video to Mp4 and then drag it into Itunes. I've done this myself and it works fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixia
    I'm not sure if this is against the forums rules (if it is then please delete this post)

There is a program called "Youtube Downloader" that lets you download videos from youtube and also convert it to any format like Mp3 or Mp4.
    Just convert the downloaded video to Mp4 and then drag it into Itunes. I've done this myself and it works fine.
    Thanks, I come back if I have any troubles with it.
    Thanks again. ;D :-*

Quote Originally Posted by Tro
    Tried to use Frap to record the screen.

But when I drag it to the I-tunes, nothing happens.

I tried opening the video with quicktimes but now only the audio plays, nothing else.

So how do I get my recorded YT videos put on my I-pod using frap?
    Fraps uses it's very own special video codec, there is a section in Fraps FAQ about shrinking and converting the videos into something more easily usable. On the same computer where you have fraps installed you can load the videos into most decent players as well as any video editing program where you're meant to compress it since the raw capture files are losslessly compressed and extremely large.

Free http://virtualdub.org/ is one of the simplest programs for the re-encoding. Besides virtualdub you need some decent video and audio codecs for the actual lossy compression, google will help locate these. Legality is somewhat questionable since they all use some patented pieces of code, but none of these are currently in any kind of legal troubles as far as I know.

"koepi xvid" for the most common video codec you find in AVI files when downloading pirated standard definition movies
    "x264" for h264, the most common video codec for HD movies, also compatible with blu-ray
    "lame acm" for unrestricted MP3 audio compression
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Hi again. I ran into another problem.

I downloaded the program. It downloaded the YT videos and coverted.

but I cant get them on my I-pod.

I have the I-pod Video Nano, yet some reason I cant get these videos to load onto the I-pod at all.

I draged them to the movie tap on I-tunes window but still wont work. It plays in Itunes fine but wont load onto the I-pod.

What could be wrong?

I have no idea. It works fine for my Ipod Touch. What kind of format do you convert it to?

I have no idea. It works fine for my Ipod Touch. What kind of format do you convert it to?
    Here what it say

File Type : MPEG-4 Movie (.mp4)

Open with : QuickTime Player

What I do?

Oh NVM thanks
    I see what I did wrong. Silly me.
    Forgot to click apply in the Movie tab