My laptop cant run WoW - Help

My laptop just doesnt play WoW although it could play it in Tbc . Just gonna tell u the system info and hopefully it's enough for anyone of u to help

My system info :
    CPU : Intel core Duo
    Processor T2300 , 1.66 GHz
    Memory : 1 GB/Go DDR2 SDRAM (533 MHz)
    HDD : 160GB/Go
    WLAN : 892.11a/b/g
    Optical : Super Multi Double Layer DVD+RW drive
    Graphics : NVIDIA GeForce Go 7600 with 128 MB
    Media Center Edition

Dunno if i mentioned any useless info but if any1 could help me and tell me if there's any problems that i can fix or just stop trying to play on this pc - it would be really appreciated

Re: My laptop cant run WoW - Help

PC System Requirements

OS: Windows XP / Windows Vista (with latest Service Packs)

Processor:

Minimum: Intel Pentium 4 1.3 GHz or AMD Athlon XP 1500+
    Recommended: Dual-core processor, such as the Intel Pentium D or AMD Athlon 64 X2

Memory:

Minimum: 512 MB RAM (1GB for Vista users)
    Recommended: 1 GB RAM (2 GB for Vista users)

Video:

Minimum: 3D graphics processor with Hardware Transform and Lighting with 32 MB VRAM Such as an ATI Radeon 7200 or NVIDIA GeForce 2 class card or better
    Recommended: 3D graphics processor with Vertex and Pixel Shader capability with 128 MB VRAM Such as an ATI Radeon X1600 or NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GT class card or better

Sound: DirectX-compatible sound card or motherboard sound capability

☼Tanks are the earth. Healers are the sun. DPS are the asteroids bouncing around the universe asking if anyone saw how they wiped out those dinosaurs.☼
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    As much as I'd like to screw every single one of you, no, we don't "screw the majority".

Copy-paste ain't really the answer i expected ... I've read that but i don't know lots about PCs so just tell reply with a way to fix or just tell me that my laptop sucks

Quote Originally Posted by savvasp
    My laptop just doesnt play WoW although it could play it in Tbc . Just gonna tell u the system info and hopefully it's enough for anyone of u to help

Dunno if i mentioned any useless info but if any1 could help me and tell me if there's any problems that i can fix or just stop trying to play on this pc - it would be really appreciated
    Only thing you can do to upgrade your laptop is doubling RAM to 2 gigs. It wont cost much, but it wont help much either. Also you can try to update graphics drivers which might give few % more speed.

The sad fact is that the graphics engine was changed about year ago in a patch so much that the hardware you could use during TBC will not work in 25-man raids anymore. You can still do 10-man raiding probably at low graphics settings. There's nothing you can do except throw money at the problem, enough to buy whole new desktop (or laptop for twice the price).
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah
    The sad fact is that the graphics engine was changed about year ago in a patch so much that the hardware you could use during TBC will not work in 25-man raids anymore. You can still do 10-man raiding probably at low graphics settings. There's nothing you can do except throw money at the problem, enough to buy whole new desktop (or laptop for twice the price).
    No offense intended to the OP, but I'd be surprised if he could walk around Dalaran or run a 5-man, let alone do a 10-man raid. The CPU is just above minimum spec; 1GB RAM doesn't go very far anymore; and the graphics chip is fairly low end.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

i agree with everyone and tbh laptops really suck for gaming unless u have a top of the line one they get REALLY HOT REALLY QUICK and that makes it bog down and crash

Mmhmm... gaming laptops are all super expensive and doesn't give you as much bang for your buck as a regular ol PC.

Based on those specs you listed, it's time to just get a new laptop or a desktop. Unless you HAVE to use a laptop, I'd suggest you get a desktop because for $1000 US, you can get a really nice desktop, but only a so so laptop.

1st : Thnx for all the help
    2nd : I've already got a desktop i just want to play wow on my laptop aswell .
    3rd : The reason i want to play on my laptop is cause its too boring to have to get to the desktop . Have to get up 18 stairs , there's no heater etc.

10+ Year Old Account

Although it's not a good computer, you should be able to play in it, i've seen ppl play in way worst.

When did you buy the computer? Did you ever formatted the HDD? Did you ever Defragged the HDD? Is the HDD pretty full? How much RAM is used before you get into WoW? Are you even able to get into WoW?

Quote Originally Posted by savvasp
    1st : Thnx for all the help
    2nd : I've already got a desktop i just want to play wow on my laptop aswell .
    3rd : The reason i want to play on my laptop is cause its too boring to have to get to the desktop . Have to get up 18 stairs , there's no heater etc.
    OMG STAIRS, CANT BREATHE, IS TOO FAR AWAY.
    <Decidedly Uncouth> Horde Mal'Ganis

Well, with specs like that you should be more or less fine in everything up to 10 man raids, excluding most ICC fights since they are very demanding, even on 10 man mode.

My laptop has similar specs, and I am able to play without any problems, I can even do the first 2 wings of ICC without any lag (except first boss).

My specs are:
    Core 2 Duo T5250 1.5GHz
    nvidia 8400m gs turbo cache 256mb dedicated memory
    3GB of RAM
    vista

I would definitely recommend adding another gig of RAM to your laptop, 1GB is just way too low for gaming nowadays, even on windows xp.

Are you monitoring your temps to make sure that your laptop is not overheating? This is a very common cause of performance issues, especially if you had good performance before.

Also, could you tell us exactly where you are experiencing problems? 10 mans, 25 mans, wintergrasp, etc?
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

Quote Originally Posted by Blada
    OMG STAIRS, CANT BREATHE, IS TOO FAR AWAY.
    lol couldn't stop laughing for a min after i read that :P Had the feeling SOMEONE would quote me , ain't really a surprise . And yea going up and down 18 stairs just to get something to eat is pretty annoying