Warrior Taunt Macro

Hi there guys.

I use the addon, Taunt Master for my taunting needs and may I say that it is awesome.

However I find it has one flaw. There is a pally ability, Righteous Defense. As far as I know, it taunts up to three mobs off a player.

The problem I have with my taunting, is the player needs to be actually targetting the mob for Tauntmaster to be usefull. If a player is AoEing, or a healer gets agro, they usually won't have any mobs targetted, and so not only have I got Taunt on CD now, but it makes life that much harder for me.

I am quite well versed with macros, but I have run into some confusion.

Is there a command that can replicate the Righteous Defense mechanic, (Targets the mobs that are targetting a player and taunts them) and what is that command line?

Any help on this would be greatly appreicated.

Kind regards.

Quote Originally Posted by Spritely View Post
    That said, I'm going to bed. Having a conversation in this context with someone with an avatar alluding to heroine use is just odd.

Re: Warrior Taunt Macro

unless friendly player is targeting the mob that you want to taunt is impossible

Eh.........how does this relate to warriors? And F1-F5 exist for that purpose, do something like /F1 /cast "Righteous Defense"

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodejjj
    Eh.........how does this relate to warriors? And F1-F5 exist for that purpose, do something like /F1 /cast "Righteous Defense"
    he is a warrior -.-'

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodejjj
    Er... I thought I made it clear that I was a warrior. As in the title to this very thread. And yes I could fuck about like that. But most of the time, I'm in a raid, and I have no F23 key. My pally friend has healbot set up for his raid frames. If a raid member gets agro, (ICC Marrowgard/Sindragosa spiders FTL) he can simply click their frame, and he taunts off them again. I'm a bit envious of that. Surely there is a target command that can replicate it?!
    That said, I'm going to bed. Having a conversation in this context with someone with an avatar alluding to heroine use is just odd.

I'm a warrior tank myself and I've given TauntMaster a try, I found it was not what I was looking for.

Since Taunt is single target, there is no way to taunt off a person if they are AOEing and not targetting the mob coming at them. Righteous Defense of course works with the person and up to 3 mobs that are attacking him.

What I'd suggest is to get a good nameplate addon such as Aloft or TidyPlates, and run with enemy nameplates up, customized to how you like them. Then they will actually change color if you lost aggro on them so it's pretty easy to click the nameplate and use your Taunt ability like normal.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

Nice idea. I might give that a try. See if works out better or me.

Thank you