Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Paladin - Cataclysm Preview Compilation

Quote Originally Posted by Copain
    The preview about disspells explains it. They're making Cleanse a Holy Pally talent, but Purify will probably stay for other Paladin specs (meaning we keep Poison/Disease removal).
    I don't want to make this sound pretentious but could you please provide a link, as the Blue post in the changes only state it will be rebalanced not that it will become a talent. I have searched and can not find one.

Quote Originally Posted by Grattz
    I don't want to make this sound pretentious but could you please provide a link, as the Blue post in the changes only state it will be rebalanced not that it will become a talent. I have searched and can not find one.
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...Id=24038610691
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I [opinion] [cataclysm feature] and you should to. Anything who disagrees with me that [cataclysm feature] is [opinion] is a big [insult].
    I asked all of my friends and they all agreed with me that [cataclysm feature] is as [opinion] as it is possible to be.
    Blizzard are so [opinion], what [compliment/insult]s they all are!

There, now we can stop posting new topics in the Cataclysm forum altogether.
    And if you disagree with me you're an [insult].

oh noes!

no more bubble hearth

I find it weird they're nerfing divine storm so much. I understand them wanting single-target rotation to be different ( I guess) but this is the retribution 51 point talent. They're cutting a 51 point talent in half. That's a pretty big hit for a defining talent.

Also, for optimal specs, people generally avoid boosting AoE over boosting single-target. Mainly because trash is AoE, and you're going to clear it anyways because it's trash. The real challenge is bosses which is generally more a matter of single target damage. If they make single-target rotation different, will people be ignoring their 51 point talent in order to boost whatever the single target rotation is instead?
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukh
    If they make single-target rotation different, will people be ignoring their 51 point talent in order to boost whatever the single target rotation is instead?
    Incidental AoE is a powerful thing in most boss fights. Not everything is festergut.
    Hide behind a little Bloodelf Paladin?!? Ridiculous! Make way for the Beef of Light! I will shield you, little ones, and should I fall, remember that I taste amazing with Mustard.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Rukh
    I find it weird they're nerfing divine storm so much. I understand them wanting single-target rotation to be different ( I guess) but this is the retribution 51 point talent. They're cutting a 51 point talent in half. That's a pretty big hit for a defining talent.
    not quite, it'll only hit for 50% weapons damage, but it'll hit EVERYTHING in range, not just the 4 peeps it hits now, so it'll still be good for big trash packs, just not good for single target, which is something Blizz have been after. Plus (and yes before I say it, I know I'm reaching :P) he said it's getting lessened damage, but not half. Maybe, just maybe, as it is a talent, compared to a baseline skill, it will only be dropped to say 75(ish)% or something still less than 100%, but more than WW's 50%.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

retri review is too pvp orientated , fail biiig fail.

Because at the end of Lich King...that's when we need AoE bumps... ???

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account

I like the thought of Healing Hands, Its just one of those spells that becomes really useful in fights where you can stand in a pile with the tank. For instance Festergut or Rotface. Promising

As for Ret have an interupt well thats all good in pvp. But lets say for PvE wouldnt it just be easier for them to make a talent reducing the cooldown on Hammer of Justice. You could have a talent that reduces the cooldown but removes the stun effect. ect ect. Even throw some Glyphs in there to effect it in different ways.... use your imagination

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Jesserak
    As for Ret have an interupt well thats all good in pvp. But lets say for PvE wouldnt it just be easier for them to make a talent reducing the cooldown on Hammer of Justice. You could have a talent that reduces the cooldown but removes the stun effect. ect ect. Even throw some Glyphs in there to effect it in different was.... use your imagination
    terrible and gcd suck

Ironically I reckon a defensively strong DPS class would pwn in the new Cata Rated BG's. I wonder if we will live to regret the defensive nurfs for the added utility?

Q: Can you make crowd control in raids and 5-mans an important aspect of the PvE game again?
    A: An emphatic yes.
    They'll buff our aoe with the new Divine storm, but cataclysm won't be an aoe fest like wotlk...
    You're too late, mighty ones!
    not that i'm complaining with our current aoe...
    And i do like those changes so far. I'm just a bit curious about how it will turn out with the new talent trees and the pve/pvp encounters in cataclysm though.

What is mind? No matter.
    What is matter? Never mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Aelthais
    They'll buff our aoe with the new Divine storm, but cataclysm won't be an aoe fest like wotlk...
    Unless ofc you're AoE grinding low mobs to 85 or for prof levelling drops, etc - easy levelling/grinding could be considered a win...? Also good for clocking up HK's in BG choke points

The addition of Crusader Strike as a baseline ability at level 1 will certainly make leveling a pally easier. And it will give my prot pally yet ANOTHER ability to thread into his rotation. And if Holy Shock retains its damage ability, add yet one more to the list. I fear I may have a LOT of cooldowns to track in Cata.

Blinding Shield looks like it might be an interesting ability, but Guardian of Ancient Kings .... I love flashy cooldown moves. Shaman's Bloodlust/Heroism, Balance Druid's Starfall, abilities like that. Curious to see how it will play out in game.

10+ Year Old Account

I'd say it wont be that hard to fit the two extra moves in, as we're supposed to be using different things for single target and AoE now, so the new CS will probably be in place or say Conc, then HSh instead of HoR etcetc. Now we just need a high threat/reactive single target threat ability and a slightly more complex rotation and we're laughing
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by RedMageNeko
    The addition of Crusader Strike as a baseline ability at level 1 will certainly make leveling a pally easier. And it will give my prot pally yet ANOTHER ability to thread into his rotation. And if Holy Shock retains its damage ability, add yet one more to the list. I fear I may have a LOT of cooldowns to track in Cata.

Blinding Shield looks like it might be an interesting ability, but Guardian of Ancient Kings .... I love flashy cooldown moves. Shaman's Bloodlust/Heroism, Balance Druid's Starfall, abilities like that. Curious to see how it will play out in game.
    the idea is for prot to have 2 distinct move sets for max tps. one for single target and one for AE. so you wont be using con on sinle target, and not using holy shock or maybe crusader poke on ae pulls.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Healberight
    Unless ofc you're AoE grinding low mobs to 85 or for prof levelling drops, etc - easy levelling/grinding could be considered a win...? Also good for clocking up HK's in BG choke points
    Well I got the impression that they were planning on increasing the number of targets needed to make AoE more effective than single target. Not sure where I got that impression, but i definitely have it!
    Too cool for a sig.

Some of the stuff seems kind of cool. I'll admit I'm not a pally professional or anything, but the holy changes kind of worry me.

with fol going up in cost, and beacon maybe only working with fol and costing x2 instead of x1, I see potential mana problems ahead.

I'm just curious as to where DP and Illumination are headed with spirit becoming a more important stat over time (the days of 35k mana unbuffed pallies coming to an end?). The aoe healing spell seems kind of meh, Unless it heals for a decent amount over that 6 seconds I don't see it being used that much. But I could see the AE heal as an extra melee/mt/ot healing spell especially since you can cast other heals while it's radiating.

The SS change is cool, but would probably be better as a prot or holy only spell.
    I also like the pet thing, if it does significant healing cool but if not owell, hopefully it will look awesome .

Stubb

I'd say it wont be that hard to fit the two extra moves in, as we're supposed to be using different things for single target and AoE now, so the new CS will probably be in place or say Conc, then HSh instead of HoR etcetc. Now we just need a high threat/reactive single target threat ability and a slightly more complex rotation and we're laughing
    Pretty much the way I took it.
    I'm personally loving that now the current setup I use in 5mans can carry forth into 10/25s to give me more to do than twiddle my thumbs until SotR and Jd are back up on bosses. XD

Quote Originally Posted by Stubb
    with fol going up in cost, and beacon maybe only working with fol and costing x2 instead of x1, I see potential mana problems ahead.
    It'll only cost double if you cast it on the same target as the Beacon. Otherwise, it's still only a single cost for each cast.

Oh ok, I didn't realise that when I healed the beacon target that it healed them twice... Well not too much is changing I guess... I just hope that fol doesn't double in cost, that would make me sad : (.