Thread: Shaman lvling

Shaman lvling

Enhance vs Elemental

Which is the better spec to lvl to 80?

Oh and any helpful talent builds?

Re: Shaman lvling

Ele/resto is the best, enchantment sux 1-40

The problem so far with shammies is the fact that they got oom fast so everyone went enh.
    Now both speccs are pretty much awesome and playable while lvling as long as you refresh water shield whenever it's down.

Until lvl 40 i'd go either spec. It's spam lightning bolt or melee with a two hander while spamming shocks, the latter being the most efficient since your weapon enchants combined with your melee do almost as much damage as lightning bolt. Plus since you will run oom at some point it's more mana efficient and it provides more survivability.

With boa gear this is the enh spec.

http://www.wowhead.com/talent#hZ0xgcoxzGh

Always with a two hander, since a one hander not only will do less damage, but will work less efficiently with the weapon enchants.

After 40 i'd stay with the two hander with stormstrike and then at lvl 41 i'd take dual wield and two boa maces.

http://www.wowhead.com/talent#hZ0xgcoxdIhuoRuVo

After 60 elemental takes the lead since quests and dungeons offer sp mail gear open handedly, and you'll mostly 2-3 shot mobs.

http://www.wowhead.com/talent#hEh0qcdctGfuAo0xxco

Once you get lava burst at 75 it's realy a roflspecc. Take points in your trees accordingly to your server, pve or pvp since elemental is realy bursty and you'll one shot people who have 0 resil at your lvl. Ghost wolf is always good to have instant too. Pick thunderstorm and then enh talents, then boost elemental some more.

Have fun lvling your shammy.
    Quote Originally Posted by General_Typhus View Post
    Hi i am any class in the game. To beat me spam icelance and then talk about how skilled you are when the 20k crits roll in.

The way I'm doing it atm is resto. Resto gets you very quick queues in the dungeon finder, and dungeons are so retardedly easy you barely have to do anything. But I plan on farming dungeons until 80, so if you want to be doing questing or grinding I would recommend ele until 40 then enhance, unless you plan on being ele at 80, in which case, stay ele to get a head start.

Enhancement loses its mana problems after 46-47 where you get improved stormstrike. I would suggest leveling as elemental or resto.
    You cannot bandage a bleeding target...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinnerbone
    This gets my vote for thread of the month.
    If WoW was "just" a game, you wouldn't be in this forum.

Leveling as resto? ye if u're masochist maybe...
    Go as Enhancment if u want to see 1 shot-mob-die, no break for mana or HP.

I leveled as enhance and had no problems at all,ye its a little slow going from 1-40 but still easily playable.Also i think its around level 60 (?) that you get your spirit wolves,there awesome for soloing group quests and owning anybody who tries to gank you

Gogo Enhance!

Deleted

Enhancement is insane for leveling.
    So far, I've soloed every group quest I've gotten from 70-77 except Amphitheater and Kreug Oathbreaker.
    Only have mana problems when I fail at pushing a button every minute.

As everyone's said, enh after 40 is awesome. Becomes so easy. Group quests and red lvl mobs are a walk in the park, esp with wolves at 60.

Quote Originally Posted by Fusmu
    Leveling as resto? ye if u're masochist maybe...
    Go as Enhancment if u want to see 1 shot-mob-die, no break for mana or HP.
    I think he meant that he'll level through instances since healers have shorter wait time

Yea, I'm planning on starting a shaman soon myself, and resto looks like a nice way to go for me. I plan on it being resto at 80, and while I know it ain't exactly the same thing, won't hurt to get the hang of sorting totems, keeping water shield up, etc, from a healer pov, while leveling : p

Dungeon leveling is atm one of the fastest ways to level, isn't it? If you can get in fast.
    Also, one of the biggest problems, is if the tank or healer is bad. Being the tank or healer can help solve this problem. If the DPS are bad, it probably won't make too much of a difference, in comparison.

Glyphs look a bit tedious. Water shield glyph first, yea, then what? I guess ELW, replace water shield glyph with chain later if mana is fine?