Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: SW:TOR I still dont get the hype

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror
    Oh, I know that. But Bioware is ignoring one problem (the same problem that happened on SW:G), every single kid will play Jedi Knight/Sith Warrior and will QQ about why they can't destroy all the other classes (especially troppers and smugglers) like in the movies.

The game isn't even on Beta yet and I can already imagine the ammount of QQ that will happen.

But my concern is actually more about the idea of "heroic" that Bioware is planning. Some others MMOs tried it (City of Heroes/Champions Online) and the result was everyone soloing everything, with almost no groups at all. This is bad on a MMO.

Thats true... in an MMO based upon a universe where Jedi and Sith were the full focus, it doesnt seem like theres much incentive to play as another class.
    and with the regards to the too much solo'ing I kind got the same feeling from the combat trailer where one player takes out all these mobs.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

SWTOR gives me hope of an enjoyable game. They do have very very ambitious goals, and people really hope that a company like Bioware can achieve those goals. The combat does seem new and epic, and the many mobs v. one player isnt like a bunch of mobs over powering you in WoW, but more like you being able to fight 4 or 5 enemies and come out with like half health. I definitely plan on buying this game atm, that could change, but I think Bioware knows what they are doing.
    these modern things we know, getting you off..

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by theuppermedium
    If every single kid will QQ about that, it will be their problem, not Bioware's.There is a video that states the fact that the goal is to persuade(see what I did there?) those kids to try out other classes too.
    P.S.: I fond it ignoratn that you say kid instead of player.Adolescents aren't all stupid.
    Don't be naive, see what happened on Star Wars Galaxy.

Technically everyone wanting to go sith or jedi is going to happen almost no matter what. I will admit I kind of want to as well, but bioware is offereing up a consular class that uses more force than anything and has a lot more range than a sith or jedi will. I am almost certain that right off the bat you will have more people being sith and jedi ( and probably a lot of QQing about if how many noobs go to either sith or jedi ), but after maybe a month or two of release people will probably change their character if Bioware at least doesnt make those 2 classes OP from the get go.
    Think of when you first started playing WoW. Are you playing that same character as your first or even second character?
    these modern things we know, getting you off..

Mainly people are hyped due to the Star Wars Fanboism, and Bioware's track record.

Currently, I watching it and Funcom's The Secret World http://www.darkdaysarecoming.com

15+ Year Old Account

Will it kill wow?
    No.

Will I try it the moment to comes out?

Oh hell yes.

15+ Year Old Account

You will see a lot of Jedi and Sith but then their numbers will decrease when they spend most of the time being kited around by the ranged classes.

Quote Originally Posted by theuppermedium
    Adolescents aren't all stupid.
    Hi.

Yes, Sith and Jedi will be overcrowded. Fuck no, I won't be part of that overcrowding.

Smuggler <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark
    I would kill a old god.