Merging Grid and decursive

Hi fellow wow players,

I'm using grid and decursive for my healing duties. However, decursive's little boxes are on top of my grid of players, so I don't know which (decursive) box belongs to which player (unless I mouseover obviously).

I've seen some pictures where the boxes are inside the grid box of the player. Any idea how to do that?

Re: Merging Grid and decursive

Quote Originally Posted by Tapchi
    Hi fellow wow players,

I'm using grid and decursive for my healing duties. However, decursive's little boxes are on top of my grid of players, so I don't know which (decursive) box belongs to which player (unless I mouseover obviously).

I've seen some pictures where the boxes are inside the grid box of the player. Any idea how to do that?
    This would be awesome. Is it possible to adjust the layout of decursive? then you could try to make the the layout match the one of grid and just lay them over another (decursive being in the lower right corner of a grid box for examlpe). It's just an idea. (can't try riught now)
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

Can you move the decursive's boxes one by one?

And you'd still need to understand how decursive and grid sort their boxes, to makes sure they match each time...

Shameless bump: I hate to do this, but any information on this would be really helpfull. Even a "it's not possible" would help a lot.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

From back when I played with Decursive, I don't believe it's possible to increase the vertical/horizontal spacing between the boxes by enough to be useful - at least, not without altering the code.

Anyway, why not just set Grid up properly, and get rid of Decursive? A mouseover macro (or Clique) can replace the ability to left/right click to cast the cleanse spell, and a little work at setting up Grid can alert you to any debuff on your raid/party members that you can remove.

Quote Originally Posted by Taryble
    From back when I played with Decursive, I don't believe it's possible to increase the vertical/horizontal spacing between the boxes by enough to be useful - at least, not without altering the code.

Anyway, why not just set Grid up properly, and get rid of Decursive? A mouseover macro (or Clique) can replace the ability to left/right click to cast the cleanse spell, and a little work at setting up Grid can alert you to any debuff on your raid/party members that you can remove.
    In the same vein as this, what does decursive do that grid can't? I don't use decursive but I thought it was a "grid like" addon that maybe classes that don't heal use(like mages, boomkins, shadow priests) so that they could easily decurse w/o having extra flair of a healing addon.

10+ Year Old Account

Why do people still use decursive? havent used that since it was, well OP in vanilla and all you did was spam 1 button to dispell anything.
    Just set grid to show debuffs you can dispell, profit. Can even change the priority for what is shown.

There is no need to have Decursive as a healer. Make a mouseover macro and bind it.

tbh imo its impossible cuz like some ppl said you need to rebuild the code from decursive to move either the "buttons" one by one on the right position (person) @ each new group/raid or to simply sort the buttons to the person it should lead to.
    in the end i simply used a priority system for my shamy to show removable spells with an icon and border color but not over the border from , for instance, health below a certain point.
    so grid is the way to go and imo it shows everything you need to know and with a mousover macro its much lesser mouse moving

There is this wonderful addon that merges grid, decursive, and even clique all in one! Its called Healbot.
    Xaveria - Holy Pally
    Team Jersey

Thanks a lot for your replies! I didn't know Grid could do it, I'll certainly have a look at that.

Concerning Healbot, I have the impression it lacks the flexibility Grid has, especially with the extra bits you can add to Grid. Tell me if I'm wrong, and I'll have another look at it ;-)

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

If you have Grid and Clique, you're well ahead of Healbot in terms of customizability.

However, Vuhdo is similar to Healbot, but is very nearly as customizable as Grid+Clique.

Having said that, I still use Grid + Clique, since I use Clique for doing Blessings/Cleanse on my Pally (as well as the triple-taunt), Healing/Dispels/Short Buffs on my Priest, and Dispels/Healing on my Shaman in 5-mans, since I don't use Grid/Vuhdo in 5s. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Xaveria
    There is this wonderful addon that merges grid, decursive, and even clique all in one! Its called Healbot.
    Healbot has a built-in delay which they can't seem to fix, so it will always result in slightly longer casts. It's small, but can be the difference between a heal landing or the person dying just before it does.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon
    Healbot has a built-in delay which they can't seem to fix, so it will always result in slightly longer casts. It's small, but can be the difference between a heal landing or the person dying just before it does.
    Healbot is every which way as customizable as both, it's just a little harder to understand in terms of setup. I know Healbot has a bad rap, and I can assure you its not the addon, it's the players that use it. I have never experienced said delay with HB, and even -just- testing it it was spot on. Is it documented anywhere? If so, is it so small to the point where you wouldn't be able to tell with the naked eye?
    Xaveria - Holy Pally
    Team Jersey