Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: Priest on top 'total damage' chart?

Quote Originally Posted by harky
    You're talking about a Feral Kitty taking a boss temporarily to get stacks and build DPS. Who cares? That's part of their class and part of the fight.
    Hardly. "Here's some Festergut data, lol! This proves that Priests are worse than other classes!"

If you believe any kind of data like this is statistically significant or significant anywhere in the scope of this thread, you're just wrong. Especially when not every guild uploads to WOL, you can't really make a safe generalization at all if you go by just the #1 from each spec, and certainly not by just pasting data from one fight. That #1 could also be the person who never switched targets, got the power infusions constantly, got a buff from outside ICC to use on the boss, etc. They're advantages not everyone has access to and/or chooses to abuse and ultimately throws off the class balance intended by blizzard. Factor in massive RNG-favoring (which might not be streamlined across the board) and you just have bogus data.

Quote Originally Posted by blizzardcashshop
    if you compare the median then you are factoring in a LOT of info that is wrong based on how bad the average player is. they drag the median down and skew the hell out of anything you include them in.

best thing is to take the competent people and compare them, which is the same as comparing the top dps in similar gear across the board.
    If you had actually gone to the link, it takes a sample from the top 200 players in the world playing that class/spec. They are the best of the best. There are no "bads."

Im always top 10 if not top 5 DPS on single targets fights like Fester/Rot.

I read 2 pages :P cba'd to read the 3rd :P just my opinion ,
    it doesen't only depend on if u're at the same gear level ... it depends on what is that gear lever... cause u won't ever... but i mean...eeeever outdps a hunter with 1.4k ArP even if u have 1.5k haste ......
    that's the situation i'm in atm :P our hunters , wars , feral droods are ArP capped :P and they are raping everything.... and our affli lock is doing good :P still i finish @ like top 4-5..... Spriests got really buffed at ICC ... in Putricide heroic i ended up at the top of the meter.... so it's not really easy to predict the final dmg meter standings ...... but yeh if your hunters wars and feral droods are ArP cap it may be some fights u're above em but the regular pattern @ ur dps meter is those 3 classes on top

Cheers
    Zoulis
    Quote Originally Posted by Dierdre View Post
    We're driving lemon VWs while everyone else is driving Cadillacs. Warlocks are riding in a limo.
    Zoulr of Hexagon
    formerly Zoulis of Uknown Entity

If you're going to post a recount parse, why show one without the trash?
    Like individual boss parses?
    Just saying, because mind searing trash doesnt matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Revitalize
    If you're going to post a recount parse, why show one without the trash?
    Like individual boss parses?
    Just saying, because mind searing trash doesnt matter.
    true, some people do quick afk's during trash or hearth to gem/enchant new gear , change the tv channel etc