a little help with resto pleae

so here i am now http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...Blade&cn=Tazlo. i have been told to regem all haste, and others have told me to what until better gear comes along to do so. my spec seems fine but i'm only averaging about 3.6-3.8 in ICC 10. some were as high as 4.8 HPS some were 2.2. any advise on enchants/gems or in general are needed/welcome. thanks in advance

Deleted

Re: a little help with resto pleae

Scrap the Int Gems in your boots and put in Haste, Get rid of the helmet and buy the Elemental one, use the mana restore on spellcast meta and Only socket for socket bonuses if you have Red, Yellow or Red+Yellow sockets in them, socketing Spellpower+Haste into the red and haste into yellow. If an item has a Blue socket in it gem Spellpower MP5, put in 20 Haste if you already have 1 Blue gem. You get the idea.
    Of course, use 1 Blue slot for the new meta.

Get the 50SP Spellthread for your legs.
    Enchant your Chest with +10 to all stats.

For gear, you want to go with pieces that dont have Mp5 (items with Crit+Haste on them) or only Mp5+haste, but dont drop your Crit too low.

Do NOT get the T9 4set resto bonus IT IS GARBAGE!

If you have the money, I would replace those BOE icc drop pants with the LW craftable ones from primordial saronite but as Fyreeze stated toss up a lot more haste, it'll increase your output quite a bit.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...sher&cn=Gouban

Give me an internet?

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm View Post
    No, they're the exchange students from China who cut your lock with bolt cutters, steal everything in your locker, then put their own padlock on the locker.

Quote Originally Posted by Fyreeze
    Scrap the Int Gems in your boots and put in Haste, Get rid of the helmet and buy the Elemental one, use the mana restore on spellcast meta and Only socket for socket bonuses if you have Red, Yellow or Red+Yellow sockets in them, socketing Spellpower+Haste into the red and haste into yellow. If an item has a Blue socket in it gem Spellpower MP5, put in 20 Haste if you already have 1 Blue gem. You get the idea.
    Of course, use 1 Blue slot for the new meta.

Get the 50SP Spellthread for your legs.
    Enchant your Chest with +10 to all stats.

For gear, you want to go with pieces that dont have Mp5 (items with Crit+Haste on them) or only Mp5+haste, but dont drop your Crit too low.

Do NOT get the T9 4set resto bonus IT IS GARBAGE!
    This, athough if you find yourself in a mana rich enviroment (Doubtfull in 10-mans), consider using the revitalising meta.

Once you get to about 3k+heal (Which you would with totem), due to overheal, SP becomes a little stodgy.. At your stat weights I would hasten a guess that haste is about 2 / 2.5 x more valuble to you than SP (If you want super accurate.. search for shamen_hep on curse)

so for example a 20 haste gem would be as good as a 40 if not 50 sp gem, you want to try to get to about 1250 (1269 if you are being anal about it) haste.

Also, since you seem to be focussing on 10-mans I would swap out Healing focus and get improved re-incarnation. Saved many a day in 10-mans that has where losing a healer is a BAAAAD thing. But thats just nit-picking and a personal preference.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...ade&cn=Zhitano - my shammy alt.

Those numbers are the ones you want to head for basically. Mana should never be an issue to you in higher level of gear. You've got mana tide + potions in worst case scenarios.

NVM the hit rating (it is after all my alt), but 1k+ haste is what you want to definately be aiming for as a goal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xavier10101
    Yep, humans went around in those days casting balls of nature and stars at each other, and healing each other on the battlefield with thrown leaves.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account

Haste soft capz is 1269 thats your aim as first priority and as fyreeze said for gemming is right ( untill you reach 1269 haste ofc) that haste,int,spell power gem mix looks really sp00ky >_<
    and for frost badges if ya cant get your hand on a solace of fallen /defeated w/e gogo purified lunar dust :> good trinket also +10 stats chest,better leg attachement ,
    "Veni, vidi, vici"

"I came, I saw, I conquered"

so this is where i stand now http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...Blade&cn=Tazlo. i have been looking at the badge helm and the t9 ele helm. both give 2.5% more haste but the ele helm i lose SP and mp5 and the badge i lose 1.5% crit. also happened upon Abyssal Rune and took it for the haste. i am at 2920 SP and 465 mp5 with totems and water shield with 33.51 crit. i was also wondering about the riptide totem, would that we better for tank healing? what about riptide->chain heal for the consume effect? i haven't regemmed everything as i dont usually go for set bonuses.

10+ Year Old Account

you should try using rawr :P makes life much simpler

http://elitistjerks.com/rawr.php

simply just load from armory , go to buff tab turn all off
    go to optimize set rule haste --> 38,70
    optimize

then it shows you hows it nicely gemmed :> try watching few films to figure the rest options of it but those are the basics :P
    "Veni, vidi, vici"

"I came, I saw, I conquered"

i have used RAWR twice and both times it regemmed me with almost all SP. i went through to Rot/Fester with me and a resto druid and didnt have to much of a problem keeping up the tank and raid. neither one of us focused on tank or raid so made for a fun run. i averaged 3.2-3.3 HPS but wondered if i could do better with the riptide glyph and chain heal for the consume, seems a good heal bonus.

Rawr sucks, period. Your doing all the right things it seems so far, everything else is all about upgrades. 2pcT10 is a huge upgrade, it would be my first Frost purchase (/facepalm on wasting badges on the cloak). Im assuming you do alot of Tank healing if your using LHW glyph? Even so, i would probably go with Earthliving, ES and CH as your main glyphs and swap out when needed for specific encounters.

I hate your trinkets. Would have rather you bought the PLD wit your badges over that cloak.

Gem for all haste, maybe haste / sp if you wanna make a socket bonus, and +10 / +8 stats for a blue gem

don't worry so much about healing meters so long as people aren't dying, they are going to change depending on the fight and who you are healing ( tank / raid / this group over here... etc. )

as far as waiting for new gear, i'd say gem it up now and don't wait for new gear because you never know when it will come, i've been waiting on an offhand for my enh set since ICC came out, never seen it once from Princes.

however there is that chance that you will gem it then see it that night, so if anything wait till after your first raid of the week where you clear everything, if no drops then gem it up.

thanks for the advise guys, and yes, the Lunar Disc is my next buy.

Quote Originally Posted by bliston78
    Gem for all haste, maybe haste / sp if you wanna make a socket bonus, and +10 / +8 stats for a blue gem

don't worry so much about healing meters so long as people aren't dying, they are going to change depending on the fight and who you are healing ( tank / raid / this group over here... etc. )

as far as waiting for new gear, i'd say gem it up now and don't wait for new gear because you never know when it will come, i've been waiting on an offhand for my enh set since ICC came out, never seen it once from Princes.

however there is that chance that you will gem it then see it that night, so if anything wait till after your first raid of the week where you clear everything, if no drops then gem it up.
    NEVER use +10/8 to stats gems, EVER.

Use haste/mp5 for meta requirement. Gem everything else with haste. If you have a satisfactory amount of haste you can gem haste/SP gems in red sockets for bonuses. I only recommend doing so if the bonus is 7 or more SP, but again, only after you have 1100 or more haste would you really want to do that.

i have over 800 haste and my LHW is 1.1s, wouldn't 300-400 more haste make it below the GCD or does that mean that i would stop dropping the haste totem?

Quote Originally Posted by Tazlo
    i have over 800 haste and my LHW is 1.1s, wouldn't 300-400 more haste make it below the GCD or does that mean that i would stop dropping the haste totem?

More haste is still a good thing for us. It shortens up the cast time on Chainheal and Healing Wave.

Deleted

Yes, but when you get around 1100, some other stats are very pleasant too - SP and, especially with 4/5 t10 bonus, crit - the chain heal hot is waaaaay too nice.

And yes, haste soft cap is 1269, but have you ever tried to look what happens when you increase your haste say, from 1100 to 1200? it's like 0.02, maybe 0.03s cast time reduction. And you could get 100crit, 115 SP or 100 int instead. Man, those diminishing returns are baaaad thing:-)

Agreed, just got my 4pc t10 last night and did 25m VOA today with 45% to crit. The proc was 7-8% of my heals for Emalon and Koralon. Other healers were slacking abit but still was very nice numbers to see.

Here is what I would say as my personal advice:

IF you are having mana problems keep a few int gems
    IF you are having no mana problems haste it up to the max
    IF you are having no mana problems lose the MP5 Gear
    ---It may sound silly but dont forget Crit is our MP5 these days, Drop the mp5 stuff slowly but surely, the more crit the more mana regen and the more haste the more times you can cast and get more chances at critting.

As far as immediate upgrades ---

If you have the gold make the crafted pants to go with your boots. Then go for the 2pc tier 10 which is a beast set bonus. Try to get your hands on Marrowgars Trinket to replace your abyssal rune or even the intellect one. Also try to pug yourself into a ToC 25 and nab a Solace , I still think Solace is near BiS if u have the heroic one, but the normal one works ok for me.

Good luck