Thread: Tanking weapon

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Tanking weapon

See in my case i am attempting to get into ICC 10 and get one of those weapons, but due to finals at school, and work not giving me a normalized schedule i dont have a real schedule to base my raid time around, i mean after a few weeks once it settles out ill be fine, but i was looking for a way to get an upgrade in the meantime and this looked like a good way. Thanks for all the good replies though, it has helped a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Zao
    For me? Pretty much everything from ICC10 hc. Why do people always assume that everyone is good at pvp? Most tanks I've met do A: not have any kind of pvp gear aside from insignia and B: suck at it.

The OP did not step a foot into arenas yet, and without gear and experience will probably be totaly butchered (no offense) if he doesn't get carried. And since ICC is easily pugable up to at least DBS, it should not be that big of a problem to receive a good weapon.

Ramaldni's Axe is a great alternative, and although it does have roughly 60 stamina and 100 weapondamage less, it's not as bad as it seems, due to having better threat sats (expertise/str) and giving a slight (~0,4%) increase in avoidance. The heroic version is even better.

And just for the record, I played a tree/ms combo in S4 and hardly got above 1700.
    What I said was more of a "Find me a weapon that is as good.", not a "Find me something that the OP could settle for". Rama's is still worse for tanking than a Wrathful weapon. Expertise isn't hard to be completely bloated on, and weapon damage is worth a lot more than the difference of STR v AP.
    The normal one is also 80 stam less, not 60. And the heroic version is still 30 stam shy of the amount you can get from wrathful.
    Feel free to say "I'm not very good at PvP, so that isn't an option", but trying to say that it's worse than the PvE equiv is just not accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Floranalol
    What I said was more of a "Find me a weapon that is as good.", not a "Find me something that the OP could settle for". Rama's is still worse for tanking than a Wrathful weapon. Expertise isn't hard to be completely bloated on, and weapon damage is worth a lot more than the difference of STR v AP.
    The normal one is also 80 stam less, not 60. And the heroic version is still 30 stam shy of the amount you can get from wrathful.
    Feel free to say "I'm not very good at PvP, so that isn't an option", but trying to say that it's worse than the PvE equiv is just not accurate.
    You were the one who stuck the qualifier of "as easy to get as an 1800 weapon." For me, that would be about the equivalent of drops off LK25 hard mode, as I'm just about as likely to see one of those. It's not that I'm not very good at PVP, it's that I can't stand it and you couldn't pay me enough to set foot in arenas.

Quote Originally Posted by jai151
    not that I'm not very good at PVP, it's that I can't stand it and you couldn't pay me enough to set foot in arenas.
    Ah yes, the classic "I would kick ass in arena but I hate it and don't feel like doing it" routine. I've never heard that one before. :

High-end pvp weapons are BiS for dk tanks, far as I'm concerned.. Especially when dual-wielding
    Quote Originally Posted by Gulo
    Clothes are merely a setback!

Quote Originally Posted by Vodamn
    Ah yes, the classic "I would kick ass in arena but I hate it and don't feel like doing it" routine. I've never heard that one before. :
    Who said I would kick ass? I said it's not that I'm bad at it, as I couldn't say whether or not I'm bad. I have nothing to qualify that statement, since I don't know if I'm bad or good since I don't enjoy it I've never attempted it.

People who are good at pvp tend to enjoy it. Just sayin.

By the way, I just realized I was on your server for about a week, a month ago. I like how everybody says "RDPS" and "MDPS" on trade (and by 'like' I mean facepalm.) Misha literally has the stupidest population of any server I have ever played on. Don't know how you can tolerate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Floranalol
    I have yet to see a tank come close to the hard cap of 56 expertise without gemming/enchanting for it. Up until that point expertise gives you the same 32.8 rating -> 1% less chance to be avoided that hit rating does (except of course on IT, Taunt etc which admittedly matters more). Why do so many tanks think any expertise beyond 26 is a waste?

On topic, if you are just looking for effective health PvP weapons are going to be the absolute best thing you can get your hands on. Personally I side with those who think there is a "reasonable" amount of effective health, after which other stats really start to catch my eye. If the OP thinks he cannot get a ICC 25/10h weapon, but can get an 1800 weapon, it will probably be worth a shot.

By the way, I just realized I was on your server for about a week, a month ago. I like how everybody says "RDPS" and "MDPS" on trade (and by 'like' I mean facepalm.) Misha literally has the stupidest population of any server I have ever played on. Don't know how you can tolerate it.
    Generalizing makes you look like an idiot, just sayin.

Specifying melee vs ranged when making a group is your example of a bad thing to do in trade chat when forming a group? Sounds like a good idea to me when most groups want a fair balance. Your critical thinking failures make my head hurt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I pity people who have gotten so insensate to disrespect and abuse from repetition that they have elevated being jaded to a virtue.

By mass ignoring everyone not in my guild. Our server's progression is shit as well, we have all of three guilds who have downed LK25, if that.

I have always disliked PVP, in every game. I just don't like having a human on the other side, as that means someone has to lose. That in itself isn't a bad thing, but since I don't get any kind of satisfaction from winning, the best possible result is one person indifferent and the other pissed off. So PVP is rather a lose lose situation for me. To each his own. What little PVP I have done is exclusively Wintergrasp, either killing someone going after my node (IE self-defense) or with the guild trying to get VoA (IE no choice in the matter).

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by hoogan
    I think that a PvP wepon can be a smart choise.

If u think about def cap its 540 in defense, but i prefer to see it as 5,6% decreased chans to be critically hit.
    Resilience gives decreased chans to be critically hit, that makes u to still be def capped even when below 540 in defense.

For example if u get the 264 crafted tankingear (legs and boots) they booth dont have any defense.
    If u equip them booth U will most likely get under 540 in defense and not be def capped.
    But if u do that and have PvP wepon with resilience u will most likely still be def capped even with defense under 540.
    Im pretty sure they removed that part of resi. only works against players...i think.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Pieterman
    Im pretty sure they removed that part of resi. only works against players...i think.
    Wrong.

The crit reduction works in PvE, always did. The damage reduction only works against players, but we all knew that.