So to get the Murloc pet...

All I have to do it participate in 50 games in the last four weeks? Does that mean I can just lose 50 games to get the pet? Considering doing it since I like to mess around in the tourny anyways but I wasn't planning on getting it until I saw this pet. So is it As simple as it sounds? Play 50 rated arena matches = get murloc?

10+ Year Old Account

Re: So to get the Murloc pet...

Wow, I've no interest in participating in the tournament this year, but I just went back and read the FAQ to check up on that.

50 games is correct.

Last year I had to do 200 for my Murkimus! O.o

To be more specific though, you have to play 50 games during the last four weeks of the qualifying round and those games all need to be with the same team. You also need to stay apart of that same team throughout the entire competition or else you risk losing your eligibility for the pet.

That is correct. 50 games is honestly a cakewalk. This pet is a freebie (after you cough up the cash first :P).
    Once a Hole, always a Hole.

Totally worth it. Now I've just got to find two more kids that want the pet too

its extremely lame they artificially prop participation figures with these vanity items that have no real place in an Arena tourney. players participating should be doing it out of their love for competition/arena, not so the dev's can market it with loot. i guess they need fodder for the participating teams, but its just a joke to me how these dev's constantly create incentive based on loot, more than the actual venue being the reason for the participation. they do this with everything they push, which more or less has been raiding/arena since TBC, and players are like cows being herded based on where the loot incentive is. watch next blizzcon with kalgan/gc proping the arena tourney participation figures too(or in a blue post)

anyways just a word of warning. read the fine print since some countries and even American states are excluded from participating due to gaming laws i believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Spurmwhale
    its extremely lame they artificially prop participation figures with these vanity items that have no real place in an Arena tourney. players participating should be doing it out of their love for competition/arena, not so the dev's can market it with loot. i guess they need fodder for the participating teams, but its just a joke to me how these dev's constantly create incentive based on loot, more than the actual venue being the reason for the participation. they do this with everything they push, which more or less has been raiding/arena since TBC, and players are like cows being herded based on where the loot incentive is. watch next blizzcon with kalgan/gc proping the arena tourney participation figures too(or in a blue post)

anyways just a word of warning. read the fine print since some countries and even American states are excluded from participating due to gaming laws i believe.
    Void in the US states of Arizona, Connecticut, Maryland, North Dakota, or Vermont, the Canadian province of Quebec or the Australian states of Victoria, Queensland and the Australian Capital Territory
    Damn.

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account

Last year I payed to enter the arena just to get the pet. I was disapointed. the armored Murlock is lame. He just sits there like any other pet and doesnt do anything. No cool animations. No sounds. No interactivity. Its not worth money for another pet that does the same thing as the hundreds of other pets in the game do already. But thats just my opinon.

I do arena. We are fair, not great by any means. Giving out this pet does not make me want to go through a minimum 50 game ass whipping.