Need help with new computer

Hey everyone

Im about to buy a new stationary computer since i dont know alot about hardware i was wondering if anyone here could help me.

Im only gonna use the computer for WoW Counter strike 1.6 and some older games.

Price:712 Euros.

The specs for the pc is here:

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA77TA AM3 motherboard (USB3.0 and SATA3)
    CPU cooler: Scythe Schuriken Super silent cooler
    Ram: Kingston 4GB DDR3-1333 RAM Dual Channel (News)
    Hard Drive: Seagate 1000GB HDD S-ATAII 3Gb / s 7200rpm 32MB cache
    Graphics: ATI Radeon HD5770 1GB GDDR5 PCI-E Graphics Card (News)
    Housing: Vision 188a Midi Tower Deluxe LowNoise
    Power supply 650W ATX Gaming 17dB silent power supply
    Sound: 6 Channel HD Audio Realtek (Sound Blaster Comp)
    Drive: Sony 24x S-ATA DVD burner SATA + / - Dual Layer
    Netcard: 100/1000 Mb / s Realtek Gigabit

Thanks for reading this.

Hope to get some nice feed back

Re: Need help with new computer

Everything looks fine, as long as you actually have a CPU in the budget (You only have a cooler on that list). The power supply is probably fine, but I don't trust bad brands, and the lack of brand is probably a bad sign.
    Errors using inadequate data are much less than those using no data at all. - Charles Babbage

The CPU is called Phenom II.
    You might be right about the brands, but if i buy it frmo them i get 2 years full warranty. hope that means they know that it works propperly

15+ Year Old Account

Looks good depending on which Phenom II. I second the poor PSU brand being a bad thing.

Also, if you plan to overclock, go for 1600MHz RAM. If you don't plan to overclock, then 1333MHz RAM is fine.

Im dont know anything hugh about hardware i just use it. just planning to use it as gaming pc mostly for wow sometimes diablo 2 and maybe counter strike 1.6
    else i can get my friend maybe to put it all together if i just buy the parts, so if you know somewhere or maybe even could make me a list of nice hardware for gaming the list would be awsome.

Can you post a link to the website you originally planned to buy from so I can use it as a reference for price comparison?
    Errors using inadequate data are much less than those using no data at all. - Charles Babbage

http://www.mm-vision.dk/produkter/vi...&type=pcsystem
    Its a danish website so not sure u can understand it. it costs around 712 euros if u take the danish money and make to Euro's

Its a Phenom II 965.
    Its a very good processor, I use it myself and I'm very happy with it.

sounds good need new PC because right now i play on laptop with HDMI cable to my 24" monitor and i have to say that i runs like shit when it comes to raiding so really want a powerful machine and that can run full on graphic and still put out alot of FPS

I didn't see this brought up yet, but what OS will you be using?
    I see your using 4 Ghz of ram, and your standard 32bit OS will only utilize 3Ghz (ish) of that 4 you have, if I'm not mistaken.

edit: well never mind. I checked out that website you posted and It looks like 64bit windows is your only choice. Also, anyone using google chrome, can simply click a button to translate the entire page. enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by shogo238
    I didn't see this brought up yet, but what OS will you be using?
    I see your using 4 Ghz of ram, and your standard 32bit OS will only utilize 3Ghz (ish) of that 4 you have, if I'm not mistaken.
    A 32-bit OS can handle up to 4GB of memory before the number of addresses runs out. The problem is that modern graphics card have 1GB of memory which counts toward the cap of 4GB. I'm not sure if the processors and HDD cache counts towards the cap.

GPU: Sapphire Radeon HD 5770 VaporX - 1167DKK
    CPU: AMD Phenom II x4 955 - 1011DKK
    PSU: Corsair 650TX - 653DKK (Very good brand)
    HDD: Samsung Spinpoint F3 1tb - 559DKK
    RAM: OCZ Gold 2x2gb DDR3 - 855DKK
    Motherboard: Asrock Extreme3 890GX - 1048DKK
    Case: Cooler Master HAF 922 - 693DKK
    CPU Heatsink: Cooler Master Hyper 212+ - 198DKK
    Total: 6184 Kroner or about 800 Euros

Finding the RAM was hard, I can't read or speak danish I had someone screaming "HUKOMMELSE MEANS MEMORY!" while I was trying to find it.

Anyways, for about 100 euros more you're getting better components, a bigger case, a better CPU cooler, a better motherboard, and probably a cooler(Temperature wise) video card and a FAR better power supply.
    The power supply is the most essential component in a computer, it's worth spending a bit more for something that will last a lot longer with better efficiency and better all around quality.

Okay so i only need to find a "box" to put the componets in ? since in not that knowing at all dont really know what needs to be inside
    But thanks alot for taking you time to make me a list i will save the links and look at them

I included a case around the bottom of the list, it's named Cooler Master HAF 922.

I see that now i might find one which looks like more none gamer

Now i will look stupid !
    Which onces are the processor ?

Quote Originally Posted by Syfez
    Now i will look stupid !
    Which onces are the processor ?
    CPU = Processor

Quote Originally Posted by None
    CPU: AMD Phenom II x4 955 - 1011DKK
    And don't worry about looking stupid. =)