Black Magic as enhancement?

It's probably been discussed somewhere before, if so then just direct me there and lock this thread.

But lately I've been seeing a few enhancement shamans running around with black magic on their weapons. But fortunately I have seen none hardcore or end-game raiding shamans using it, but berserking instead which I've always thought was better as it was discussed when Black Magic was changed to the haste buff.

And I'm not really sure as my shammy is my third alt, so my question is, is there a new deal with Black Magic or is it just people that fail?

Re: Black Magic as enhancement?

Quote Originally Posted by Tierlol
    It's probably been discussed somewhere before, if so then just direct me there and lock this thread.

But lately I've been seeing a few enhancement shamans running around with black magic on their weapons. But fortunately I have seen none hardcore or end-game raiding shamans using it, but berserking instead which I've always thought was better as it was discussed when Black Magic was changed to the haste buff.

And I'm not really sure as my shammy is my third alt, so my question is, is there a new deal with Black Magic or is it just people that fail?
    Well i found a shamy who was using it and I asked him why he had put that enchant and not bereserking.
    He answered me that puting two berserking was a waste because it doesn't stack two times (which actually i think it does). So i don't know if the other people think like this shaman.
    personally i rather two berserking because black magic it's only activated with spells

Deleted

You don't use black magic. Berserking is the best, and it stacks.

10+ Year Old Account

Double Berserking does indeed stack. It's still optimal for Enhancement.

Quote Originally Posted by Parhadox
    Double Berserking does indeed stack. It's still optimal for Enhancement.
    Which is fail on blizzard's part.

They put 0 effort into the enchant, that it has been the best one for the entire expansion is one of the few things, IMO, that they REALLY should fix with Cataclysm. I can't stand how lame the enchants have gotten, and that there's always a hands-down best enchant for any given duty, with no variance from class to class or spec to spec, or heaven forbid, preference to preference.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Uriu
    Well i found a shamy who was using it and I asked him why he had put that enchant and not bereserking.
    He answered me that puting two berserking was a waste because it doesn't stack two times (which actually i think it does). So i don't know if the other people think like this shaman.
    personally i rather two berserking because black magic it's only activated with spells
    Indeed it does stack and I had that exact same conversation with another shammy who had Black Magic no more than a few days ago.. he was a prize plumb though also with Int buff's on him as it adds 1 ap per int...
    2 girls 1 cup is the most disgusting thing I've seen 8 times

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by PWDirect
    Indeed it does stack and I had that exact same conversation with another shammy who had Black Magic no more than a few days ago.. he was a prize plumb though also with Int buff's on him as it adds 1 ap per int...
    Define Int buffs. Do you mean he was using scrolls of Intellect if there is no mage in the raid? Was he using Intellect elixirs? Neither of those is a bad option considering Intellect does give AP and neither would take the slot of a more appropriate buff assuming he was also using a Haste elixir with that Intellect one.

10+ Year Old Account

Didn't they change Berserking a few weeks ago to not stack any more?
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

I'd say after stacking about 5.8-6k ap unbuffed, it wouldn't be too bad if you went dual Black-Magic...

i say this entirely without any number-crunching however, and if i even had 6k ap i'd prolly still go with berserking... jusayn

Quote Originally Posted by Sengura
    Didn't they change Berserking a few weeks ago to not stack any more?
    No.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endom
    I'd say after stacking about 5.8-6k ap unbuffed, it wouldn't be too bad if you went dual Black-Magic...

i say this entirely without any number-crunching however, and if i even had 6k ap i'd prolly still go with berserking... jusayn
    You really shouldn't even say anything like this without simming stuff. Black Magic has NEVER been better for enhancement than Berserking, so IMO even thinking out loud requires one to do some simming/something else to prove it.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Butu
    No.You really shouldn't even say anything like this without simming stuff. Black Magic has NEVER been better for enhancement than Berserking, so IMO even thinking out loud requires one to do some simming/something else to prove it.
    It was pretty close of a call for a while there, though. Black Magic isn't a "bad" enchant, it's just not optimal. While the straight buff itself wasn't as powerful as Berserking, it increased the uptime of the Berserking procs off a single weapon, and squeezed more attacks into that uptime. It was close enough that some shaman tested it out to see how it would do, since sims can't tell you everything.

It wasn't as good as dual Berserking. But it was close, and better than pretty much anything BUT Berserking.

Considering this went off-topic ages just gonna throw this out there:

Spellsurge was the best enchant ever.

(Look it up).
    Signature size violated forum rules.

Quote Originally Posted by PalliesThrowStuff

They put 0 effort into the enchant, that it has been the best one for the entire expansion is one of the few things, IMO, that they REALLY should fix with Cataclysm. I can't stand how lame the enchants have gotten, and that there's always a hands-down best enchant for any given duty, with no variance from class to class or spec to spec, or heaven forbid, preference to preference.
    There's always someone that will cry about something.
    There must be no retirement with our backs to the wall, And believing in the justice of our cause, Each one of us must fight on to the end.

We determine the guilty, We decide the punishment.

Quote Originally Posted by PalliesThrowStuff

Like mongoose was best in BC? I'm really not sure what the issue here is, since there will always be one enchant that's best for melee dps, having other options only complicates the game further in ways that aren't necessary and obviously not the direction they're going in cataclysm.

Berserkin/Berserkin

OT - i really hope that cataclysm will come with more options on weapons enchants. Like something else on MH and on OH. And olso a new design because berserking sucks hairy camel balls. They should make something like mongoose/executioner was but colored

Black Magic on OH seems to be something for PvPers, as I've seen many Wrathful Gladiators run around with Berserk on MH and Black Magic on OH.

I would guess that most people have just seen enh shamans using their PVP weapons in PvE (or prioritized PvP above PvE and not bothered to re-enchant everytime they switch task).

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Wintermut3
    Black Magic on OH seems to be something for PvPers, as I've seen many Wrathful Gladiators run around with Berserk on MH and Black Magic on OH.

I would guess that most people have just seen enh shamans using their PVP weapons in PvE (or prioritized PvP above PvE and not bothered to re-enchant everytime they switch task).
    PvP is different because, while Berserking is the top DPS enchant, it carries a penalty; the armor reduction. In PvP, given our already poor survivability, this makes it not as optimal, depending on how you're playing, especially since those debuffs stack just like the buffs do.

As you said, though, it could be a dearth of weapons. I got lucky in my runs, and I've got 4 251+ weapons, enough for a pvp and pve set, but that took lucky drops AND zero competition, since "weapon swap for PvP" is near the bottom of my guild's loot priority :P