Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Portal Roulette!

Have you guys ever, when an annoying member of your ICC group (Or any other instance) keeps spamming you message for a portal, blinked away, and then when he's following you, put up a Stonard (Or Theramore for you Allies) port and watched him take it?

Or, have you ever, after a long grueling day at ToGC 25/10 after many many wipes on Anub gone back to the portal before everyone else and stacked ALL 7 portals onto the Dalaran one? (Took a bit of practice to do this one right)

Or am I just a complete asshat, all by myself?

Re: Portal Roulette!

It took practice? Are you a fucking retard? All you do is cast portal after portal without moving.

The practice part I meant was getting it perfectly onto the Dalaran portal so people wouldn't SEE there are 7 other portals on the Dalaran one, kkthx.

edit: You know, after ToGC there's that portal to Dalaran from the Crusader's Mage or whatever he is called.

can u still do that? thought they changed it cuz i havent seen it for awhile

Now introducing... Hearthstone!

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Raylea
    can u still do that? thought they changed it cuz i havent seen it for awhile
    what...would they change? all you're doing is casting portal spells.

oh, and by the way, you are not special or original for doing this, it started long long long long long long long long long long long long ago.
    BfA Beta Time

Oh, I know I'm not the only one, or even CLOSE to starting it... Was just curious if people still do it, or if I started using a dead trend.

I've been doing that since karazhan

The new stonard portal makes it extra interesting though!

Quote Originally Posted by Rurikar
    It took practice? Are you a fucking retard? All you do is cast portal after portal without moving.

Looks like he's talking about the dalaran portal in ToC after you kill anub, which would take a bit of practice
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubbleguy
    Hi, my druid is currently lvl 75 and i'm going for resto at lvl 80, so my question is, what is the most used resto healing rotation?.

I used to be in a guild where our really, really, really, really, really rich Mage officer did this (he was the sort of guy who would constantly watch the AH when we weren't raiding). Basically, he put all the available portals on top of each other when we were done raiding. And then he gave the ones ending up in Dalaran 100G for the effort, while all the other people just got a free portal back to Dalaran wherever they landed.

It was pretty fun. Never won, though :-\

We sometimes get our mages to do this on purpose at the end of the night.. is very funny hearing people complain when they get exodar or darnassus. Most of us will actually take the portal roulette instead of HS simply because its more fun not quite knowing where we are going to end up.
    We dont stop playing because we grow old,
    We grow old because we stop playing

15+ Year Old Account

You are a complete tool.

I love to pop a Stonard portal after a good raid night; everyone is pumped and excited and they aren't paying attention and just click...it never gets old
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

You ever put a snuck a portal in front of a summoning stone.... people see the portal and just click without thinking about it.... good fun

It is quite funny on how many people will actually click a portal without looking.

Happens all the time, someone will /w after the raid asking for a portal to exodar. I pop it up and half the raid takes it, then bitch because they end up in exodar.

The funniest thing i've done, while doing a For the Alliance Run after downing what's his face in Thunderbluff. I accidentally teleported myself instead of opening a portal. Vent has never been as crazy when you leave 40 people in Thunderbluff.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylan
    You ever put a snuck a portal in front of a summoning stone.... people see the portal and just click without thinking about it.... good fun
    pro

As many a time as I have been victim to the theramores or the stormwinds by our resident mage, it never gets old. It's fun when you beat the mage and end up in dala as you wanted. like someone above tho, our mage WILL follow people to w/e city they got to and help them out, so it's all good.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by MushroomBomb
    I used to be in a guild where our really, really, really, really, really rich Mage officer did this (he was the sort of guy who would constantly watch the AH when we weren't raiding). Basically, he put all the available portals on top of each other when we were done raiding. And then he gave the ones ending up in Dalaran 100G for the effort, while all the other people just got a free portal back to Dalaran wherever they landed.

It was pretty fun. Never won, though :-\
    Too bad I'm not rich, otherwise I would really do this!

10+ Year Old Account

Was more fun back in the days when you could put up portals at the flags on the graveyards in AV.
    Seeing "half the raid" leave the battle because they clicked the portal when they spammed the flag was just awesome.

He's talking about the Dalaran portal that's already there. Way to fail.

Also, I love when our guild mage does this XD I'm a scribe and I have several scrolls of recall on me at all times so it doesn't bother me nearly as much.

Have any of you ever tried to put one on the portals for twins in toc? Granted they arent the same but I bet the white one would fool half the idiots in this game..