Holy in need of help

Hey well i wanted to get some advise on what i can do to step my healing up. im stacking SP right now cause i wanted to see if it was a big step up from Sp/Haste SP/Spirit gemming, because im some time lacking in healing. gettin beat by shammys and druids to much. dont get me wrong sometimes im on top depending on fights i knw. but is there anything i could do to improve it. like anyone knws how should i heal on different fights lets say festergut 25 then rotface25. also anything about specs i should knw to help also. ty

heres my armory -- http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...n=Nell%C3%AEel

Re: Holy in need of help

I would gem for more haste personally because even though you lose throughput in the form of spellpower, you gain throughput by casting your spells faster aka more healing. I'm also kind of confused as to why you specced into spell warding as well as body and soul. For pvp purposes I understand fully, but for pve they don't serve too much of a purpose. Personally, I'd rather have the points in empowered healing for the flash heal bonus.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Embryotic
    I'm also kind of confused as to why you specced into spell warding as well as body and soul. For pvp purposes I understand fully, but for pve they don't serve too much of a purpose. Personally, I'd rather have the points in empowered healing for the flash heal bonus.
    No, they do.

Flash Heal isn't what I would call a 'Primary' Holy heal in 25 mans outside of SoL procs. (Most of the time and in normal modes)

Quote Originally Posted by Frmercury
    No, they do.

Flash Heal isn't what I would call a 'Primary' Holy heal in 25 mans outside of SoL procs. (Most of the time and in normal modes)
    And they are?

The only reason to spec into body and soul is the movement increase, beyond that you gain nothing from it in pve. Personally, tuskarr vitality does the trick just fine for me. Even though flash heal may not be a 'primary' heal I'd much rather have it be more effective when I do cast it for a serendipity stack, then waste points in spellwarding.

And they are?

The only reason to spec into body and soul is the movement increase, beyond that you gain nothing from it in pve. Personally, tuskarr vitality does the trick just fine for me. Even though flash heal may not be a 'primary' heal I'd much rather have it be more effective when I do cast it for a serendipity stack, then waste points in spellwarding.
    If you're using B&S for the run speed only on yourself, you fail. Toss a PW:S on someone standing in the fire and watch them run out of it faster than just with tuskarr. You do not intentionally stack Serendipity because a FH is a waste of a heal compared to a Renew, so having it more effective will do nothing. Spellwarding reduces pretty much all aura fights damage to you, which means less focus on yourself and more the raid, which means you're more effective.

Unless you're running with a bunch of baddies, they shouldn't be standing in the fire therefore no use for body and soul.

A lot of times I will purposely stack serendipity if I know a burst is coming. If you're using dbm (that shows boss's cast timers) and have a pretty good understanding of how a fight is going to progress then you can base your healing off that. I tend to use flash heal a decent amount in combination with renews so that the flash heal keeps them from getting downed the next instance they take damage and the renew tops them off. From my time in ICC, I've never felt the aura damage was bad enough for me to have to lose points in another talent to drop them into spell warding.

10+ Year Old Account

Unless you're running with a bunch of baddies, they shouldn't be standing in the fire therefore no use for body and soul.
    Well that was a simplistic explanation, but if you can't find great uses for B&S in ICC... well you need to look harder.

i specced spell warden for like lady death and say and festergut for like reduce the spells liek that so i spend less time trying 2 heal me and i can heal the raid. and i picked up B&S was yes for the movement in the 25 rotface right

So you can predict where the fire/void zones will be? You can't? Oh, then please stop saying someone is bad because they're standing in a fire/void zone, because often, it is unavoidable. 60% Run speed + shield > 8% run speed + the need to heal them up.

Jesus. Okay, we've had this discussion like 500 times. If you can not understand why Body and Soul is important then either your guild is bad, or you yourself are bad. You don't need to 'look', the reasons to use B&S will slap you in the face. The problem is people think that mechanics are designed to be avoidable. News flash: They're designed to kill you. People think that just because they can avoid something without B&S that B&S is useful. News flash: Being able to do things faster allows you to spend less time running and more time doing your normal duties.

Take B&S. There is no excuse for not having it. It is useful on every fight in ICC. Yes, that's right, even LK25H where you have Disc Priest blanketing PW:S. Oh wait no, if they're half decent there will never be WS on the tanks. Yeah, guess what, P2-3 require lots of tank movement. :

First of all, if you want body and soul in your spec, blessed resilience is the perfect place to drop it, which you have done. Your spec is definately not any of the problem with your healing. Second, I would without question drop the renew glyph. Running the renew glyph, 90% of the time is going to mean you lose a tick and the extra healing that your other ticks are now doing is going to be overheal. Renew having a longer duration means you can roll it on more people. The more people that have a hot ticking on them, the more effective healing you will do (dependent on fight of course). Really there is only one other decent glyph which is PoH, which on some fights can be very good. If you dont run with a disc priest (though you should be :P), and you dont use PoH much then PW:S could be a potential 3rd option as well.Now healing style wise, as always for holy your 2 most powerful heals should pretty much always find themselves on cooldown (Circle and PoM). Bounce the pom off someone that is taking damage now or someone who you know will be taking damage in the very near future eg: a tank. Circle you also need to think about who your casting it on when you cast it, you cant just use it to heal someone who is low, because they may not be near anyone else. Try and cast it on a clumped group, which in most cases means it will get the most mileage being cast on the melee (blizz has made a habit out of requiring range to be spread out). Beyond that renew is really our go to heal nowadays and should be used liberally. Some fights can get good use out of PoH, use your surge procs when you have to move to get that serendipity going. Really only use flash when you have to move and you have a surge proc, otherwise its a loss in hps. I have found PoH really only shines in hps when you have atleast 3 targets in a group that will get most of the healing, otherwise just keep spamming that renew :P In regards to the haste question. Since 99% of clothy socket bonuses these days are sp. Imo there is no reason not to always snag a socket bonus. So if it were me I would gem sp/haste for yellow, sp for red, and sp spirit for purple. You barely lose any sp that way and net some other very useful stats.

15+ Year Old Account

To be honest, unless people are dying, it doesn't matter if the sham or druid beats you. If you kill the boss with nobody dying, who cares who did more healing? Sometimes you can lose out because you get heal sniped, sometimes other people have better reaction times or burst, and sometimes druids are overpowered 100% of the time and will beat you with their eyes closed spamming two buttons.

Quote Originally Posted by Luminosity
    Second, I would without question drop the renew glyph. Running the renew glyph, 90% of the time is going to mean you lose a tick and the extra healing that your other ticks are now doing is going to be overheal.
    You are right, that you should drop the renew glyph, but 90% chance of losing a renew tick? Are you talking about renew healing for less with the glyph? Then I'd say 100% chance that renew will heal less with the glyph than without it, but if your talking just in the number of ticks, that is the idea of the glyph.

I think you missed that I had a comma in my sentence, but what I was trying to say is that when you are using the renew glyph you lose a tick off the end bringing the duration to 12s and increase the other ticks. 90% of the situations where your going to cast that renew the extra healing is going to be overheal + now you only get 4 ticks instead of 5. Leading to less overall healing than without the glyph. I hope that clears up what I was trying to say.

Quote Originally Posted by fabian
    You are right, that you should drop the renew glyph, but 90% chance of losing a renew tick? Are you talking about renew healing for less with the glyph? Then I'd say 100% chance that renew will heal less with the glyph than without it, but if your talking just in the number of ticks, that is the idea of the glyph.
    90% of statistics are made up.
    Moving on though, I personally think the renew glyph is great depending on the healer situation, if you run two resto druids I think its perfect. If you have two other healers constantly spamming HoTs theres nothing wrong with cutting yours shorter to get more healing in a shorter time so you don't end up getting to much over healing.