Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Cyclone too much?

So my alt is a feral druid and his gear isn't great since I hardly play him. I was getting herbs in Tarren Mill area and see its getting attacked so I rush to help the lowbies or whoever is getting killed. I see a lvl 80 blood dk in furious/wrathful gear. Long story short I kill him after bleeding him and cycloning him when bleeds fall so I can heal myself. I end up killing him 3 times and then suddenly I get a whisper...

dk- bro pop more cd's and cyclone more you fucking cheater.

dk- all you do is fucking cyclone and heal you are a pussy.

Anyway this goes on for about 30mins and you can imagine everything else he is saying. I guess the reason I am posting is to ask this question. Is it considered bad to cyclone, bleed, and kite your way to victory? For me alot of the times its the only way I can win as an undergeared feral.

Re: Cyclone too much?

I'm sure you were cycloning a lot less than druids do in arenas.

In PVP, world PVP especially, if you're alive when he is dead, that's a mission accomplished, no matter what.q

My reply to him : " YoU mAd? O.o "

Quote Originally Posted by Ormula
    I'm sure you were cycloning a lot less than druids do in arenas.

In PVP, world PVP especially, if you're alive when he is dead, that's a mission accomplished, no matter what.q
    this^^ dk is a wuss all there is to it. Come to my neck of the woods and try that crap:}
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Alexstrasza&cn=Romeolock

If you stoped to heal, then you are not even using cyclone as much as druids in arenas They spam it till they person is immune then pick a new target haha

cyclone should be nerfed somewhat but he's bad for dying too, death strike/pet sac...ARMY

15+ Year Old Account

You should've told him to get over it.
    All is fair in war

Results -
    1. You made someone REALLY mad by ganking them
    2. He came on an alt to complain

This is a classic story of great success, my hat is off to you!

This bro told a cool story on 2009-12-03 and proudly took part in the banfest.

So a DK QQ'd because you beat him? If you had cycloned every bit as much as you did and he beat you I'm betting he would have just rubbed his victory in your face instead of QQing about the fact that you used your abilities intelligently. He's a sore loser. In PvP everyone (at least the ones that expect to win) use whatever abilities they have to stay alive and dish out damage. The guy was level 80 attacking a bunch of people in a level 20 zone, so probably not your most skilled of PvP players.

Feed on his DK tears.

The appropriate response is "Well if you unequipped your weapon and didn't use diseases, I wouldn't have used Cyclone. However, you'll have to not use Deathstrike if you want me to stop healing, I'm drawing the line there!"

It's just a weakness of their class, the only DKs I really have a semi-difficult time with are tank DKs being feral. In PvP, a win's a win, no matter how you do it... and it's just really proof that the level of PvP gear on the DK doesn't indicate their skill.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account

Sounds like a l2p issue for him. He needs to learn what to look for. Pop anti-magic shield when he sees you with the instant proc for a cyclone. If you are only cycloning when you need heals and the bleeds wear off it would be really easy to predict the cyclone.

i had a similar thing happen. i was in moonglade respeccing and was attacking some alliance lowbies with a firned (waiting for raid to start, was bored) and this guy comes in in really good pvp gear/spec (i was full pve gear/spec, so was friend) and kills my friend, who had no talents, before i saw what was happening. once i realized it he was on me and i was nearly dead (around 25% health), had him around 50%, so i cycloned him and haeled myself, stealthed, got the jump on him, and killed him. he started some shit in the forums about how i was a pussy for using cyclone and self healing and everyone was like "yeah he sucks for using cyclone." i just don't understand these thoughts. it'd be like saying a rogue sucked for vanishing or a paladin sucks for bubbling. sure the abilities can be annoying (especially when you get killed by a severely undergeared other character), but it really just makes sense to use the toolbox you are given as a druid. carpenters aren't shat on for using hammers, so why would a druid get shat on for using cyclone? i just didn't get it.
    i think poop jokes are funny.

the appropriate response is: "are you on crack ?"
    if a dk (in way better gear) dies only to your bleedings and won't find his trinket/ams/mindfreeze/grip/strangulate/death strike/pet sac/lichbourne+dc(wow thats skilled) buttons to heal himself or/and stop you from cycloning him he's just a bad player

but he probably just stood there spamming icy touch while keyboardturning :

Normally I don't have to cyclone as much but he was a blood tank in pvp gear and I tried to burn him down with FB and it wasn't working he would sac or he would rune tap. I had to wear him down slowly and cyclone when he put mark of blood or whatever on me.

Most hilarious thing in bg's is pouncing someone, doin some dps, let the bleeds fall off, instant cylone, heal, restealth and do it all over again.

PvP isn't fair 1v1, he should deal with that.
    And you aren't going to complain about "lol, you do too much damage, L2P and get some skill" either?

Quote Originally Posted by nethariel.
    but he probably just stood there spamming icy touch while keyboardturning :
    Nah bro, he was spamming chains on that druid, cuz it works so good!

Seriously anyone who crys because of cyclone, is just crying because they got their shit pushed in. We have no MS, cyclone is our trick to beating this problem. Used wisely it's incredibly effective and any druid who does not use this amazing ability is not worth the time he invested on our class.

He was a level 80 character attacking Tarren Mill. I don't care what you did to him, he was the one so weak he had to get his kicks by attacking lowbies.

You won, he lost. He's just upset he couldn't take you with all his gear.

did he not pop army?
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)