Im replacing parts until i fix my fps

This is directed to anyone that has built computers and understands what all the parts do. I have this computer about 2 years old and I was getting low fps in raids, about 4-9fps in 25man combat. so i thought it was my Video card. so i bought an Nvidia 9800gt. now when im out flying around i get 90-140fps, its great. but as soon as more than 10 people get on my screen it shoots down to 15-20 fps. Anytime i have to share information with people my fps just plummets, the more people or the more things going on, the less FPS i get.

I have an AMD phenom 9500 quad-core 2.20GHz processor and i feel like this is my problem. If i replace this am i going to be able to sustain 40-60fps when im in combat in a 25 man raid?

Re: Im replacing parts until i fix my fps

WoW is extremely CPU hungry, and clock frequency is everything as long as you have at least 2 cores with that graphics card. Upgrading to ~3.5GHz PhenomII will give huge speed boost for WoW, but your upgrade options might be limited depending on your motherboard.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Thank you Vesseblah. What you said is very helpful to me.

Also in case it needs to be said: having 2 gigs or more of RAM and latest graphics card drivers is also a must. Going up from 2gigs of ram in Windows XP is not necessary, but having 4 gigs in 64bit Win7/Vista is adviced and relatively cheap.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by lukerocks
    This is directed to anyone that has built computers and understands what all the parts do. I have this computer about 2 years old and I was getting low fps in raids, about 4-9fps in 25man combat. so i thought it was my Video card. so i bought an Nvidia 9800gt. now when im out flying around i get 90-140fps, its great. but as soon as more than 10 people get on my screen it shoots down to 15-20 fps. Anytime i have to share information with people my fps just plummets, the more people or the more things going on, the less FPS i get.

I have an AMD phenom 9500 quad-core 2.20GHz processor and i feel like this is my problem. If i replace this am i going to be able to sustain 40-60fps when im in combat in a 25 man raid?
    Your CPU is bugged. Its a first gen AMD quad core, which experiences the TLB problem.
    You can try this to fix it:
    http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=180338

But you won't get 40-60fps on anything other than lowest settings, because its just a weak CPU.
    US Blizz Tech Support MVP
    Ressie - Medivh-US

Quote Originally Posted by Resa
    Your CPU is bugged. Its a first gen AMD quad core, which experiences the TLB problem.
    You can try this to fix it:
    http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=180338
    Are the Phenom X3 Toliman also affected by this problem, or is it purely a QuadCore problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahumut5
    I don't want to call Boubouille and wake her up for something like this.

Wondering if the Phenom II X4 810 2.6GHz is a similar "weak" CPU, since I am having substantial framerate issues in anywhere remotely busy.
    Perhaps a future upgrade to something nearer a 3.5GHz there would also give a substantial improvement ?
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd
    Wondering if the Phenom II X4 810 2.6GHz is a similar "weak" CPU, since I am having substantial framerate issues in anywhere remotely busy.
    Perhaps a future upgrade to something nearer a 3.5GHz there would also give a substantial improvement ?
    If you're going to upgrade then go for a Phenom II 955 it costs 159$ and is very powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixia
    If you're going to upgrade then go for a Phenom II 955 it costs 159$ and is very powerful.
    I can confirm that. Having the Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition with 4 Cores. Not exactly i7 territory but still both powerful and cheap, and gets the job done.

wow i have the same graphics card(9800gt) but i am also using a "DualCore Intel Core 2 Duo E6550, 2333 MHz (7 x 333)" and having the same low 8-9fps in 25 mans.I was also told it's my weak cpu , ive been savign up and may go for an i7.