Thread: World of Logs

World of Logs

Hello,

I need to take logs for raid so I can analyse them later, and decided to use world of logs. well. I downloaded the Launch.jnlp.
    now what? what should I do? I have an account, that's all I know. please help me with this
    Jamshield - Silvermoon EU

Deleted

Re: World of Logs

You need to create a guild or join an existing one to be able to upload reports on WoL.

In game, you need to type /combatlog before the fight/fights you want to record. That will create a CombatLog file in your World of warcraft/Logs folder, which you will be able to upload using the WoL client.

Do keep in mind that after uploading a file it's best to archive it if you want to keep it, and delete afterwards, or at least move it to another folder. If not, enabling combat logging in the game again for future fights/raids will add to the already existing file, wow does not create a new file for ever session of recording.
    /combatlog is the command to both enable and disable combat logging.

I get : Log file is too short. error.

what's that? How can I solve it?

This add on helps a lot.It automatically turns on/off combat logging depending on the areas you have set it to do so.If you haven't defined what to do in an area,it asks you.So this add on + WoL client set to Live report and you re set.

Not sure about the error you are getting though.

Deleted

Are you using Windows 7 or Vista?

On Win7 (and Vista), your log directory should be C:\Users\Public\Games\World of Warcraft\Logs if you installed WoW from scratch or ran any of the major patches past 3.0. However if you simply copied your wow install from XP or earlier, you might have put it into a place that combat logs simply can't be written to.

Can you find the WoWCombatLog.txt file in your wow folder? Under World of Warcraft/Logs?

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar
    Are you using Windows 7 or Vista?

On Win7 (and Vista), your log directory should be C:\Users\Public\Games\World of Warcraft\Logs if you installed WoW from scratch or ran any of the major patches past 3.0. However if you simply copied your wow install from XP or earlier, you might have put it into a place that combat logs simply can't be written to.

Can you find the WoWCombatLog.txt file in your wow folder? Under World of Warcraft/Logs?
    Thanks mate, I got it working with a little playing. really nice info.

Deleted

Glad it helped, I won't take credit for it, I just browsed WoL forums for similar issues I'm happy it worked for you!