Thread: Low fps

Low fps

everywere i go i have 40-55 FPS(with almost everything on low) but when i enter a 25man encounter it drops to 9-10 FPS.
    I use a ati radeon 4770 crossfire so that shouldnt be the problem, but i only have 2 gig ram. And a friend told me this is the problem but can any1 else verify this. So that i wont spend 80 euro on something i dont need.

greets,
    soranis.

C.M.S, My favorite thing to start the morning with.

Re: Low fps

Crossfire does absolutely no good for WoW, it's reported that SLI/Crossfire can even lower your FPS in some cases unlike most other 3d games.

Big FPS hit in raids means your CPU is too slow. Need LOT more details of your hardware to give any definite answers.

Also reading the damn stickies would help -> http://www.mmo-champion.com/computer...s-check-here!/

[edit: Fixed the link - Cilraaz]
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

2GB of RAM might also be a problem if you are using Vista or Windows 7.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah
    Crossfire does absolutely no good for WoW, it's reported that SLI/Crossfire can even lower your FPS in some cases unlike most other 3d games.

Big FPS hit in raids means your CPU is too slow. Need LOT more details of your hardware to give any definite answers.

Also reading the damn stickies would help -> http://www.mmo-champion.com/computer...s-check-here!/
    I agree. That big of a framerate hit would be from a slow CPU probably 95% of the time. Check the sticky that vesseblah linked and also check the sticky regarding what information to include in a help request.