Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: AVR, Blue posts, MMO Report

whozzaaa. now give us autorun/autoshoot/autoheal, then we can go afk while learning bosses. right.

Does this instantly share with other people who have the addon? Or just in raid grp?

Nice job btw rofl

To all those that think this will make raiding "too easy" install it, then show me your 25man (or 10 for that matter) HM LK kill

i really dont see why there is so much "comotion" about this addon

it doesnt move the character for you.

People will still fail, trust me AVR doesnt magically make defile not grow.

I just recently installed it, before the whole hype thing, and we (my guild) mainly use it to discuss strategies before hand, its a nice way to have a visual ingame aid to show your raid member where to move when etc.
    I turn it off before boss pulls, its just to annoying to have stuff appear on my screen.
    But its mostly used to conjure up random drawings of ... stuff

It will help a great deal on encounters like HC putricide and Sindragosa, but really, people dont even have the attention span to look at bosstimers, warnings or raidchat. a couple of red circles on your screen..

Quote Originally Posted by JackBauerLOL
    Does this instantly share with other people who have the addon? Or just in raid grp?

Nice job btw rofl
    You send completed meshes via some channel, much in the same way as you would link a damage meter or something similar. Guild, raid, whisper, or a created channel are all possible.
    Also I take no credit for the awesome North Bank Disco or the penis defense around the guild bank. Someone just sent that mesh over guild and I have AVR set to show everything I recieve. ;]

First to say this look very cool didnt get it yet but i think it will help read leaders alot, and i talk about pugs and low skilled players who are not 100% sure in tact of for players who are lazy to read tact,Also it will be 1 more prob less in High skilled guilds and make raids even more fun without stupid mistakes.

For all who think that this addon is bad coz it make game very easy, i dont agree with u.First 99% of u who qq on this addon use DBM,why? it make game very easy ,why u dont calculater boss abilities by ur own dont w8 program count for u. Am i right?

Its true that it will make game easyer but in same point it will make less stress when u are on 1% and some1 made "small" mistake and wipe raid,and then u lose 20 more min for fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Korv
    To all those that think this will make raiding "too easy" install it, then show me your 25man (or 10 for that matter) HM LK kill
    You're right because as we know a boss only 8 guilds or so have downed is the only encounter in the game.

Deleted

Only got to p5, so this might have been said already. But I can remember many a raid leader nerd-raging at people getting hit by icicles on hodir. The lesson? Even with neon lights on the ground, idiots are still going to stand in them.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadout

It is not so much about dumbing the game down. Its a question of how much influence mods should have.
    Blizzard has repeatedly said they balanced encounters around people using boss mods (= timers/warnings and stuff). At some point they added their own simple version of boss mods (= boss messages and symbols on screen) because of this.
    Is it really a good thing if Blizz had to balance encounters around the expectancy of people using mods like AVRE though?
    Those examples are meaningless. In most console shooters you have a little help aiming as well due to gamepads sucking so hard...
    BUT the point is the games are balanced around having crosshairs, radars and whatever.

IF the raiding game is too hard (Which I dont think it is) the answer isn't to have mods that makes the game easier... but instead Blizzard making the game easier. Mods like this is not a good solution as I see it.
    I was reacting on all the people saying "this dumbs down the game, bla bla bla". But, you are right. But i think it is kind of hypocrite to say this addon is not right but all the others are. The difference going from no addons to having recount/DBM/omen/etc. compared to going from all these addons to AVR is huge. All addons before AVR/AVRE have a much larger impact on gameplay.

Saying the game is dumbed down because of addons is wrong in my eyes. You had the same addons in TBC and there is still a huge difference between TBC and WotLK.

If you would ban addons because "they make the game too easy" then Blizzard shouldn't have let the community use addons at all. But it's too late for that.
    And where do you draw the line of what is too easy and what is not? Addons affect peoples gameplay in different ways. Like AVRE will help a noob make less mistakes because he has better visual information. For me it just help to min/max more on hardmode encounters. This addon won't help me die less only make me walk less and do a little more dps because now i can exactly see where to go instead of guessing.

Quote Originally Posted by sadpandaa
    Theres a BIG difference between telling ppl where to stand and telling them where abilities of the boss are going to land.
    That's kind of my point, however since there are loads of other, less graphical ways to predict this I'm still not sure whether I concider it to be cheating.

Personally, I love AVR and intend to keep it. It does nothing we couldn't already do since you use it outside of combat. AVRe however, I'm not sure, it could be concidered cheating (and by could be concider I mean by me, I honestly couldn't give a damn what anyone else thinks) and could draw a lot from my cpu, so I might uninstall it.

As for the final answer to the question "Is this cheating?", it's really not our place to argue about it, blizzard will decide, it's their game.

Ow yes, and to whomever wanted to know why I conder 6 mb a lot of memory, it's because my standard UI, which is pretty heavy already, is 30 mb, so this one addon is 20% of my interface's memory.

EDIT: and according to the author it takes your FPS down by about 5%, which is not a little amount.
    I just got what Falric is talking about in HoR.
    Men, women and children... None were spared the master's wrath.
    Despair... so delicious...
    Fear... so exhilarating...
    Clearly, he was referring to the cataclysm class previews.

Quote Originally Posted by JackBauerLOL
    You're right because as we know a boss only 8 guilds or so have downed is the only encounter in the game.
    Thats not my point, if it makes raiding too easy, then surely a HM LK kill would be within your grasp if you were using it. The point I was trying to make is that there are a lot more factors involved in a encounter then where your fire looks like fire or whether it looks like a red circle

Fisher Price: My first raid addon
    Quote Originally Posted by Zillionhz View Post
    By fiber be purged

I don't know what you are all so woried about. Easy boss encounters? Firstly, if a nub feels he or she needs this mod to do boss encounters, it has nothing to do with any of us.

Let me tell you a story. Last night. Pug to ICC 25 (Was busy this weekend and unable to do the run with my guild) WTFPWNing our way through Marrowgars trash, I'm thinking to myself, this could go well. Very clean idd. Then we got to Marrowgar. Sigh. WE buff up and run in...

I'm merrily busy tanking away, thinking to myself. Hmm the other two tanks don't really seem to be stacking with me, but never mind, they mihgt just be a little slow to react. But then I think, react to what? We are getting very few Coldflames. And wait a minute. We've been here ages. Why isn't Marrowgar dead? At next bone storm I am dismayed to see that there are litterally 7 Bone Spikes up, and people running around like headless chickens. After the bonestorm, only about 8 people stack in his target box. We hit Enrage. First time ever. Never seen that boss Enrage, even pre nerfs... A quick look at Skada shows 3/4 of the raid sub 4k DPS.

Needless to say, the group fell apart immediately at the wipe. I yelled, if you don't know tactics FUCKING SAY SO.

Worried about this addon? In that fateful run, I would say only 10 or so of us knew what we were doing. 4k DPS even with Strength of Wrynn. Not even 30% buff could have saved that group. No amount of addons could either. The cold hard truth is most of the fucking idiots out there probably don't use them... And they certainly don't read this site.

Some people simply cannot play this game. They just can't do it. They are not a threat to your pride, your kills. They'll never see HC modes. They probably will never even see Rotface or Festergut, even with 30% buff. And it is sad to say. 5 years in, and people still cannot play this game.

I use DBM, and could see the use of AVR for marking and positioning etc. Save us making flares and shit. But I don't see the use for it on bosses. All it does is replace the basic awareness that a player attempting any boss should have anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spritely View Post
    That said, I'm going to bed. Having a conversation in this context with someone with an avatar alluding to heroine use is just odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucifra

EDIT: and according to the author it takes your FPS down by about 5%, which is not a little amount.
    It is when you run with 20fps in raids.. ;-)

Next step wil be an addon that does everything for you so you can sit down, relax and watch bosses going down. Heck, it'll even rol and bid for you, so you dont have to.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunar
    i really dont see why there is so much "comotion" about this addon

it doesnt move the character for you.
    No it does not. Not yet.

Quote Originally Posted by arg
    Next step wil be an addon that does everything for you so you can sit down, relax and watch bosses going down. Heck, it'll even rol and bid for you, so you dont have to.
    That already exists, it's called botting. You'd be surprised how sophisticated bots are these days.

But since botting isn't allowed and bots are banned by Blizzard, I find your paranoia highly ridiculous.

I haven't use the addon in a raid yet, but I think it's pretty cool.
    I think it would be rather usefull to explain tactics to people, though it could make the actual fight alot easier.
    IMO Blizzard shouldn't ban the addon as it's easier for tactics, but maybe the addon should hide all the markings once you enter combat ?

This addon declines your imagination. As always you could remember the spot where you were standing or to where you had to move according to a ground texture for ex. But now, since the game is tuned for 12y+, that can barely write in their own language or understand simple scripted tactic, it's kinda as clear as crystal that they lack of imagination as well. This addon, the colored circles and arrows, provide them imagination. This is sad. Raiding is going to look like running from circle to circle, forget about "/range 10" etc.

This Addon works for now, the encounters are going to be a lot easier, people would get used to play with that and epix will drop more often than rain in Amazonian forests. When blizzard is going to disable it (at some point I hope), the new born circle-fallowers are going to fail and the amount of so called "good raidiers" is going to drop drastically.

Tried this addon with avre last night in icc 10.
    Didn't seem to function very well at all. For Putricide it put up random circles all over the place yet there were no dangers to be seen. For blood princes the empowered shock radius didn't function at all. If anything, the addon confused me and made me play worse, not better.

It might be more useful as a marking tool than anything else, but unless this addon is made more stable and reliable, it's not going to be replacing people's brains anytime soon.