Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Having to much haste as holy?

First things first, My play style as holy for 10 mans has worked great for me, as far as seeing the healing meters compared to another healer (and no not a meter whore) and how well I am doing. My guild was a striclty 10 man guild and we were successful being 11/12 in heroic ICC, but recently merged to another guild to start on 25 mans. I had always ran with a resto druid as my second healer so I was the heresay "Primary Tank Healer" But being in the gear that we have it was never an issue. But now starting 25 mans where paladins and disc priest have gone above and beyond my duties, I am stuck now more to being a primary raid healer.

My style before consisted of always FoL for my 3 serendipty stacks (not the only spell I did before I got 3 but healing the tank that what I used most) while then using that cooldown to dump a Prayer of healing and then a circle of healing onto the raid (again only 10 man). I had loved haste up until this point i believe. I have 720 haste self buffed which is a 22% spell speed increase, and I am gemmed all Sp and Haste gems. But now being in 25s I think that my "play style" isnt what it should be now and instead of FoL and then Prayer of healing, I just spend most of my time throwing out renews and coh and mendings and never really touching FoL until a Surge of Light procs. So now is all my haste gemming worthless? or should I replace with a different stat now?

Re: Having to much haste as holy?

Haste lowers the GCD. Also, just because you're not stacking Serendipity does not mean you shouldn't be using PoH, which high haste greatly benefits.

This may be an idiotic question, but what is the max haste % before it clips your GCD? yea, I do still use it, but like I like i said, I just dont use that as my primary way of healing anymore.

For Holy it's 1,269 haste rating.

BQL i can see having a higher haste rating as being really nice, as well as other fights with raid-wide damage. CoH's and PoH's in between kinda trivializes the damage if you can throw those PoH's quickly.
    This signature has been removed due to a violation of the Signatures + Avatars guidelines.

FoL? you mean Flash Heal right?
    Your new 25 man playstyle is correct, and haste helps with recuding GCD so that you can throw out more instants.

I gem SP in red, SP haste in Yellow and providing socket bonus' are good SP+Spirit in blue
    Cemetary - Holy/Disc Priest | Quiteconfuzd - Arcane/Fire Mage | Torden - Feral Druid

Quote Originally Posted by Cemetary.
    I gem SP in red, SP haste in Yellow and providing socket bonus' are good SP+Spirit in blue
    This ^
    http://img805.imageshack.us/img805/1...p10records.png
    Signature too large, resize please.

Quote Originally Posted by Cemetary.
    Whereas, given the 10% buff in Icecrown (soon to be 15?), realistically your heals don't need to be stronger. They could be just fine where they are, and landing them where it counts is what matters. That's one of the main reasons why people are en masse shifting away from Spell Power, into pure haste gems (or at least, haste priority if you're still on hybrids).

Landing more heals faster is better than having bigger numbers that are mostly wasted.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

15+ Year Old Account

This is what you need to know for 25mans as holy

Stop healing tanks as holy, it isn't your job
    Use renew on everything
    Stop caring about Serendipity, if you need to cast a poh just cast it

15+ Year Old Account

orrrrrr screw renew, stack serendipity and use PoHs, much more fun and equally good.
    The new renew spamming prieststyle is superboring.

Quote Originally Posted by Outofmana
    orrrrrr screw renew, stack serendipity and use PoHs, much more fun and equally good.
    but more effective and efficient.
    HTML Code:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/doomhammer/Johnish/simple

Actually, if you do the math, Serendipity stacking will come up pretty far behind Renew, and even farther behind a solid combination of Renew/PoH. Serendipity is a nice talent, but the problem is that in order to get the stacks you have to cast Flash Heal, which is the most inefficient heal in terms of HPET. It's even worse when you take into consideration that it simply doesn't work well with the aura damage distribution. Consider that Renew is roughly twice as effective in terms of HPET and also is the ideal type of heal for aura damage, so you have less overheal. You'll find that PoH is potentially more efficient than Renew even with zero stacks (depending on how much overhealing you get), and while it does become even more efficient with Serendipity stacks, the fact that you have to use such an inefficient heal for only a moderate benefit just puts you behind pure Renew spam. Instead, you're better off pretty much ignoring Serendipity and casting it whenever it's more efficient, taking advantage of the Serendipity stacks you happen to get from BHs or the few random FHs that you need, or you can even just say screw that and favor PoH as a filler and just use Renew when that's more efficient instead, but that's sort of a different animal altogether.

And if you're going to say it's boring, I certainly think making conscious decisions each time about whether Renew or PoH is more efficient, affected by my current Serendipity stacks, is far more interesting than filling with FHx3+PoH. In fact, the latter is every bit as boring as pure Renew spam (which, while more efficient, I wouldn't advise either) because there's no decisions to be made about which spell should be cast.

With a bunch of renew's and PoM's critting you can get enough free flash heals to build serindipity stacks with no problem.
    It's just a game.

Yes, with enough crit and wasted GCDs on very weak heals you can stack Serendipity. Or you could just cast PoH regardless of your current stacks and get more healing done. Serendipity is a fine, normal, general use talent. It is not something you should be deliberately stacking. Doing so means you are wasting GCDs, not saving them.

I'm sure everything I'm going to say it's already been written but cba to check.

You don't cast PoH when you've 3 stacks of Serendipity, you cast it when it's needed. If happens (and will) that you've got 3 stacks when you need it, all gained, but that's not the modus operandi.

Haste is always good, the "cap" wich someone sometimes mention, around 800, is a retarded calculation based on FH going under 1 sec.

You'll need haste for PoH, GCD, PoH, GCD and...PoH. As much as you can get, without gimping crit and sp too much, now SP is no longer needed to be stacked because of the 15% empowered heals you'll have in ICC, so you can focus on secondary stats even more.

new style? heh... ive been renew spamming as holy since kara... not really "new" to me

however, i also use PoH (and CoH) when there is constant and/or huge raid damage. in fact, i barely touch flash heal unless a single person (or two) need to be healed and use the serendipity buff for either a gheal if someone needs it or a PoH if multiple people need to be healed... but if most of the raid is up i just continue renew spamming and let the buff fall off :P
    Oh yes, there is a method to my madness O.o
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We generally consider 0 / 0 / 71 builds to be a failure.
    ^win

Quote Originally Posted by Cracka_Bob
    new style? heh... ive been renew spamming as holy since Molten Core... not really "new" to me
    Fixed...

Renew spam has been around since 60. People keep saying Renew-spamming Holy is Druid-lite. Which is silly... Druid healing in BC was based on the way Priests healed in vanilla. :

Quote Originally Posted by harky
    Fixed...

Renew spam has been around since 60. People keep saying Renew-spamming Holy is Druid-lite. Which is silly... Druid healing in BC was based on the way Priests healed in vanilla. :
    no not fixed... i said ive been doing it since kara because i didnt start playing until TBC (few weeks before ZA actually) :P

but if u say thats how they healed in vanilla ill believe u lol (besides, i was the only priest in the guild at that time who healed that way)
    Oh yes, there is a method to my madness O.o
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We generally consider 0 / 0 / 71 builds to be a failure.
    ^win

Yeah but BC was full of those retarded priests that just stood there spamming CoH regardless of if there was raid damage or not, which was what led to the cooldown being put on it (yeah, it didn't always have a cooldown).

I spent most of vanilla tank healing with Heal4, while keeping Renew ticking. I would assume that Renew would have been the go-to spell for raid healing back then. We generally used druids and shamans for raid healing.