Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Having to much haste as holy?

Quote Originally Posted by Cracka_Bob
    no not fixed... i said ive been doing it since kara because i didnt start playing until TBC (few weeks before ZA actually) :P

but if u say thats how they healed in vanilla ill believe u lol (besides, i was the only priest in the guild at that time who healed that way)
    That was my intent. Renew spam has been optimal since Vanilla, plain and simple. It went away in TBC/Wrath to some extent because of CoH tuning issues. Once CoH was properly tuned (see: Ulduar), Renew came right back.

Anyone who played DS specs in Vanilla/BC should have been a Renew spammer.

Quote Originally Posted by alostrael444
    Yeah but BC was full of those retarded priests that just stood there spamming CoH regardless of if there was raid damage or not, which was what led to the cooldown being put on it (yeah, it didn't always have a cooldown).
    Let's see... What were my bars back then?

Renew, Flash Heal, Greater 1, Greater 2, Greater 4, Greater 7, Binding, Mending, Shield, oh and Circle. But no, the only thing I ever cast was Circle of Healing.

The cooldown for Circle of Healing wasn't needed, alostarael, when it wasn't smart. Being a smaller heal per person than Chain Heal, but hitting 5 people (in range, in the same group) was what balanced it around no cooldown. You didn't spam it either, you couldn't afford it even with the Chain Potions. The "retarded priests" you're talking about were 3.0.2. Learn your history.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Yeah agreed, the CoH spammers hit after 3.0.2 and the spellpower changes when all the shadow priests wanted to heal lol
    Priest healers before that knew they had a dozen spells to choose from, and used them all.

Quote Originally Posted by Samurai
    Yeah agreed, the CoH spammers hit after 3.0.2 and the spellpower changes when all the shadow priests wanted to heal lol
    Priest healers before that knew they had a dozen spells to choose from, and used them all.
    Not to mention 23/38 didn't even have Circle of Healing. Go go buff spec! :-\ (I myself refused to run it. :P 18/43 for me)
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by harky
    For Holy it's 1,269 haste rating.
    I have to ask, isn't this completely unbuffed? Shouldn't raid buffs such as WoA/Imp. Moonkin be factored in for this equation?
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

No, that's fully raid buffed.

1269 haste = 38.7% haste.

GCD cap is 50%.

1.387 * 1.05 * 1.03 = 1.5

Unbuffed the GCD cap is 1,639. Considering BiS gear has just under the fully buffed GCD cap trying to gear for unbuffed figures isn't exactly realistic.