... LastLast

Re: Cataclysm Raid Progression Refinements

So what is left at this point??

Titles?

Everybody is gonna be running around in the exact same items

Quote Originally Posted by Shammywan
    [Monday 19:17] [Guild] lets do 10 man tonight cause we dont have enough signups.. what an amazing change... ow wait WE ARE SAVED IN 25
    ofc, so people must think a little more before lock themselves.

you want to do 25? make sure you have every day 25 ppl. otherwise do 10.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Deleted

10-man raider: This is an awesome change! Thank you blizz!
    25-man raider: WTF blizz, that's the stupidest thing I've ever heard, you're breaking the game!
    Blizz: Finally, at least we can try and balance stuff now.

Quote Originally Posted by Flimsy
    This has been happening since Toc

I have a question concerning the Emblems system in Cataclysm.
    Will it remain the same?
    If so, there won't be a reason to do 10 mans anymore, unless you provide 1 extra emblem for 10 man runs for each boss.
    In my humble opinion, 10 mans will tend to be ran for farming against fun + itens in 25 mans.

Quote Originally Posted by Salmon
    What an absolute shit idea. The extra effort people put into organizing 25 mans is now going to be pointless. I realize it stated you get more emblems and gold but I don't do raids for fucking gold. And more emblems, I had nothing to spend my EoF on after 2-3 weeks of ICC so thats pretty pointless. This is simply another way to let casuals and shit players who are too retarded to get in a good 25 man guild get some decent gear. I think Blizzard will find ALOT of people will discontinue playing because of this. Suddenly made Cataclysm alot less appealing.
    your basic math skills are so horrible it's hurting my brain.

assuming a 1/5 ratio is kept (2 items per boss 10 man, 5 per boss in 25) and it's a 6 boss instance, that's 12 per clear in 10m and 30 per clear in 25. we're talking loot here, not badges or gold. even if you have 2 groups running, that's still a 1 item difference per boss if you add up both 10 man.

in 4 weeks, there will have been 120 items dropped in 25 and with BOTH 10 man groups combined it's only 96. that's 24 more items.

math is great.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoopie
    So what is left at this point??

Titles?
    Enjoyment...?

This is instantly and permanently my favorite piece of information regarding Cataclysm.

I have ALWAYS hated 25-mans and only did them for the loot, I never enjoyed them.

10-mans all the way! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

10 mans are going to be so much more tuned than 25s that people won't run 10s because they are too hard

I really don't understand why ppl are bitching at all..... Kara was "Just" 10 man... BT was "Just" 25....single lockouts are nothing new. 25 mans are not going to die, it says right in the post that they're tuning the difficulties to be the same, 25 is not going not be harder then 10. All this is gonna be is a fix for the smaller guilds to be able to be competitive with some of our bigger guilds. I stand by it all the way

My guild progresses a heck of a lot further in 10man than we do in 25. Less people to carry for the same loot....sure, I'll take it.

Quote Originally Posted by Flimsy
    Lol true

Not even recolours :-\

Quote Originally Posted by Maxrandom
    This is a giant slap to the face. 25man will be more or less pointless now and with only 1 lockout a week people will clear it in 1-2 days and then go afk for the rest of the week?
    Exactly, this has got to be a delayed April Fool's joke. If it's for real, it's the single worst thing Blizzard has done. This will kill so many guilds it's not funny. A lot of people enjoy raiding both versions of an instance because it gives you more to do in your raiding week. I can't think of a change they have made in my 5.5 years of playing that's worse than this garbage.
    Desktop ------------------------------- Laptop- Asus ROG Zephyrus G14
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU ---------------AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon 680M graphics
    AMD RX 6600XT GPU -------------------AMD Radeon RX 6800S discrete graphics
    16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM ----------------16 GB DDR5-4800 RAM
    1 TB WD Black SN770 NVMe SSD ------1 TB WD Black SN850 NVMe SSD

Before i quitted raiding i used to do 25 man. However i think that the system sucked. 10 man raids were almost completely worthless after one point.
    Only time can show, for now i approove of this change

INB4 In AFTER, OMG BLIZ IS KILLING THE GAME FRIGGING CASUALS OMG

Quote Originally Posted by Ylera
    Sounds interesting. Enjoying the rage.
    Is kinda funny

Quote Originally Posted by Ylera
    Enjoyment...?
    I don't think I have ever enjoyed this game. I just play to feel better about myself that I can put in 20-30 hours a week and have the gear/items people want

This makes 10 mans MUCH harder to accomplish if they are tuned for highest possible gear. People are forgetting that current 10mans are steamrolled by people in a full tier higher gear from 25s. ICC10 and ToC10 lost a huge chunk of difficulty once you got a few pieces of 264/245. The players who need to be a tier over content to succeed will still not finish raids. The good players will be in end raid gear regardless.

I like it, it also removes the sense of urgency in running the same instance twice a week per toon just for max badges.
    Uther (US) -- Daztreides

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Elementium
    Then people realize that raids won't be as easy as WotLk.

I like the idea, I think it may be subject to changes but overall I think it's good. I doubt guilds will break up over it, it just means people who are overgeared in 25 mans can't farm 10 mans for badges.

Plus if the gear is the same but they want to maintain the same difficulty on bosses it means they only have to make the gear and then tweak the bosses which is much easier than what they have to do now...

Part of the reason raiding is so easy now is people are already getting 25 man quality gear ANYWAY.. so what's the big deal? now they're going to make raids difficult because they expect everyone to have that one set of gear.
    Honest answer? Because people look at the gear as a reward and not as a tool.

That's what Blizz is changing here. First of all, goodbye GearScore. Unless you are doing the heroics modes, your item lvl is the same as everyone.

Second, rewarding the guild instead of the player. That's why I insist on the Guild Leveling factor (which brings also no more guild hoppers).

Third, Path of Titans. Leveling doesn't end at lvl 85 this time. So, if the 25 man rewards more items, it's easy to assume that it will also involve archeology material, which will be used on Path of Titans.

Deleted

To the people who have commented on "lets do 10 man as we lack people, oh wait we are saved to 25". Lets hope that Blizz will make it so when you change from 25 to 10, you can enter and the encounters be converted to 10 man settings. Maybe they are doing that already...

Who knows!