Page 25 of 106 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Cataclysm Raid Progression Refinements

Quote Originally Posted by Staticmagnet
    I really don't understand why ppl are bitching at all..... Kara was "Just" 10 man... BT was "Just" 25....single lockouts are nothing new. 25 mans are not going to die, it says right in the post that they're tuning the difficulties to be the same, 25 is not going not be harder then 10. All this is gonna be is a fix for the smaller guilds to be able to be competitive with some of our bigger guilds. I stand by it all the way
    both examples had no other options...strawman?

Quote Originally Posted by boomboomba
    Do you like doing the same things twice (or four times like in ToC) each week?

I liked the icc model, and i liked doing icc in both 10 and 25, mostly because i can do more of heroic icc 10 than i can of 25

They are really going to have to increase the number of badges you gain in 25m by quite a bit to make it worthwhile. Extra gold isn't going to matter to people, but if you only get 1 extra badge a boss in 25m that's not enough imo to make it worth doing over 10m unless the quantity of the dropped items is at least doubled in 25m. In fact it'd have to be at the very least 2.5 times as much loot as 10m to even be fair.

inb4 5 mans drop 25 man loot just 1 piece

Quote Originally Posted by Downwithopp
    You are a retard. Acheivments werent even logged back then.

No trolling here, just someone who doesn't think filth like you deserves the same loot as better players.
    no but you can show me that rank 13 title, right? you can show me all those titles and all your glory from WOTLK right?

RIGHT?!

you're a bad. just plain bad. sorry you had trouble with Najentus. those tridents were really tough for ya, eh? hell did you even get loot reaver down?

PS: still avoiding my Cataclysm argument. bad is bad is bad is bad. bad troll, bad player. so much bad D:

Having said that people only raiding 10 mans will be able to get the same gear as people raiding 25 mans . i think thats a bad move for blizz and they will never be able to balance 10 man raid setups enough to make it of the same difficulty.

Quote Originally Posted by Flimsy
    Everybody is gonna be running around in the exact same items
    idd, /facepalm

Quote Originally Posted by trilog
    your basic math skills are so horrible it's hurting my brain.

assuming a 1/5 ratio is kept (2 items per boss 10 man, 5 per boss in 25) and it's a 6 boss instance, that's 12 per clear in 10m and 30 per clear in 25. we're talking loot here, not badges or gold. even if you have 2 groups running, that's still a 1 item difference per boss if you add up both 10 man.

in 4 weeks, there will have been 120 items dropped in 25 and with BOTH 10 man groups combined it's only 96. that's 24 more items.

math is great.

DERRRRPPPPPPP. Thats becuase there are 20 raiders in two 10 man groups, and 25 in one 25 man group.

Quote Originally Posted by Takanasi
    This is instantly and permanently my favorite piece of information regarding Cataclysm.

I have ALWAYS hated 25-mans and only did them for the loot, I never enjoyed them.

10-mans all the way! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
    ^
    This

Quote Originally Posted by sicness
    They are really going to have to increase the number of badges you gain in 25m by quite a bit to make it worthwhile. Extra gold isn't going to matter to people, but if you only get 1 extra badge a boss in 25m that's not enough imo to make it worth doing over 10m unless the quantity of the dropped items is at least doubled in 25m. In fact it'd have to be at the very least 2.5 times as much loot as 10m to even be fair.
    Even an increase in badges isn't going to do it. If you can kill more bosses in 10 than your 25 you get more badges. Plus after a few months of farming your main spec is set for badges anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Pinnique
    To the people who have commented on "lets do 10 man as we lack people, oh wait we are saved to 25". Lets hope that Blizz will make it so when you change from 25 to 10, you can enter and the encounters be converted to 10 man settings. Maybe they are doing that already...

Who knows!
    This wont happen, because what would happen if you killed a few bosses when you switched it to 10man, and then wanted to switch back to 25man later in the week or something like that? You'd have several pissed off people that wanted/needed loot from said bosses and are now out of luck for that week because of this retarded change.

25 man raiders need to stop bitching....it's enough, calling the 10 man raiders noobs is stupid. just because they haven't the connections you got in game and aren't part of a guild doesn't make them less talented. You are whining over a GAME mind you. Get over yourselves for thinking you are a better person than someone else because of your achievements and gear. You can't find something to do with your life other than WoW? that is sad, this is designed for a few things

1. To make 10 mans more suitable
    2. To make people less burned out on the game and keep playing
    3. To get the elitist to STFU, i know for a fact there are more complaints with the current system from casuals than there will be from the losers who play 20+ hours a week on this shit

When it comes down to it 10 man raiders are more of the Majority, and what the majority wants, they get. You 25 man raiders make up the minority and they aren't going to mold the game entirely on what you want. Stop bitching, do your 25 mans and get on with life.

IT IS JUST A FUCKING GAME YOU BITCHY NERDS. You aren't any better than a 10 man raider, you just have more opportunities and you devote more time, GS=/=Skill

I actually really like this news

Blizz must know something we don't. Maybe the patronage of 25 man guild in 25 man content is really low and does not merit making an entire item tier of gear. I know on my server there are tons of 10 man guild, and only a couple 25 man guilds who have downed LK on normal.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Ner%27zhul&n=Paulkariya

Quote Originally Posted by Staticmagnet
    I really don't understand why ppl are bitching at all..... Kara was "Just" 10 man... BT was "Just" 25....single lockouts are nothing new. 25 mans are not going to die, it says right in the post that they're tuning the difficulties to be the same, 25 is not going not be harder then 10. All this is gonna be is a fix for the smaller guilds to be able to be competitive with some of our bigger guilds. I stand by it all the way
    You see this is the problem though, why should smaller guilds be as competitive with the larger ones? It takes a lot of work to put 25 people together, let alone competent people. I guarantee you now that with 10m having the exact same loot there will be a lot of people who won't even bother doing 25 man because of the simple fact that it's more difficult to acquire 25 people who know what they're doing than it is to acquire 10 people who know what they're doing.

Why put yourself through the strain of 25 mans when 10 mans offer the exact same things now except with a little less gold and badges. If they end up giving 25m three times as much loot and badges and 10m then I don't think it'll be a problem, but if it's any less that won't be enough to make up for the fact that it's easier to get the same loot in 10m.

10man will always be easier due to lack of tards. lets try to see them balance that.

this change will completely destroy wow. it will also breathe new life into wow

it will ruin 10 man guilds and also help 10man guilds by destroying 25 mans. it will then help 25 mans by overclocking 10mans

clearly this is the best thing to hit wow... and the worst...

the best
    but the worst

clearly
    A fool and his money are soon parted, but not nearly as fast as a nerd and his tears.

Quote Originally Posted by magik8ball
    We already got our troll raid. It's called the forums.

Everyone knows Blizz...they just lack the skill to tune both versions of a raid exactly the same either if its 10 or 25man...therefore you can assume 10man will be easy as shit...because you need to be able to clear the bosses with a smaller group of people...therefore some classes must NOT be defintely needed for some bosses(like Tranq Shot from the hutner etc...)

Then omg same lockout...people already don't know what to do ingame besides doing useless dailys for useless gold...in cataclysm there wont be anything to do...

God I love how this game gets even worse xD Makes me feel even better for quitting so long ago laughing at every idiot still funding Activisions money refinery...

I was excited about Cataclysm... until now. Thats from the point of viev of very casual raider. I hope there will be more raids overall to compensate for this stupid change.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Krathdar The Mighty
    25 man raiders need to stop bitching....it's enough, calling the 10 man raiders noobs is stupid. just because they haven't the connections you got in game and aren't part of a guild doesn't make them less talented. You are whining over a GAME mind you. Get over yourselves for thinking you are a better person than someone else because of your achievements and gear. You can't find something to do with your life other than WoW? that is sad, this is designed for a few things

1. To make 10 mans more suitable
    2. To make people less burned out on the game and keep playing
    3. To get the elitist to STFU, i know for a fact there are more complaints with the current system from casuals than there will be from the losers who play 20+ hours a week on this shit

When it comes down to it 10 man raiders are more of the Majority, and what the majority wants, they get. You 25 man raiders make up the minority and they aren't going to mold the game entirely on what you want. Stop bitching, do your 25 mans and get on with life.

IT IS JUST A FUCKING GAME YOU BITCHY NERDS. You aren't any better than a 10 man raider, you just have more opportunities and you devote more time, GS=/=Skill
    Someone is playing the wrong type of game. Guess an MMO isn't suitable for you.