Page 42 of 106 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: Cataclysm Raid Progression Refinements

Quote Originally Posted by Downwithopp
    A wall that can play a simple video game better then you.
    Perhaps you can, perhaps you can't? I really don't invest that much time into the game. But perhaps I enjoy it more than you? I do think so.
    The goblin warrior, Gallywix!
    "And the Heavens shall tremble!"

My name is Kenneth044, and I'm an altoholic!

This is pure slap to the face to the big guilds, however a big improvement aswell.

1. That 10 and 25m version share same lockout is really nice, will remove big guilds gearing up in 10m in order to beat 25m and the other way around. However, at the same time it will reduce the amount of raids you can do a week, I hope they will make more content then.

2. Both versions dropping same items is pure bullshit to be honest, 25m should have bigger rewards then that.

3. Good that raids will be shorter, so pugs can clean more then half during same evening.

In short... another big step towards causality.. Why then even bother to have a guild? Already in Wotlk, we see great number of PUGers, and that will only increase now..

Quote Originally Posted by xSaix
    Anyone else view this as poorly-disguised laziness on Blizzard's part?

Dropping the same items = spending less money.
    They've already displayed their laziness with the HEROIC tagged items, same item with increased stats. Takes no thought on the dev team at all, just a buncha bullshit. Although we've all learned to live with it.

I play this game to raid. i do not like these changes to raids. i enjoy the different items that the 25 mans have compared to the 10mans... but i can live with these changes because i can see the reasons behind this except that the 10 and 25mans share the same lock out that is soo stupid. uhh blizzard why do you have to be such a pain.
    Proud Member of the United States Navy. Aviation Machinist Mate!

Quote Originally Posted by Tesshiro
    Perhaps you can, perhaps you can't? I really don't invest that much time into the game. But perhaps I enjoy it more than you? I do think so.
    I wouldnt play it if I didn't like it. You don't invest much time into a game, but you will fight tooth and nail to get free 25 man epics. Okay.

we'll just split and run 3 groups of 10's now. thanks for making the game even easier blizz, all the while making it easier on yourself having to design 1/2 the items. top notch work

10+ Year Old Account

I wouldnt play it if I didn't like it. You don't invest much time into a game, but you will fight tooth and nail to get free 25 man epics. Okay.
    Since when did I become a loot whore?
    The goblin warrior, Gallywix!
    "And the Heavens shall tremble!"

My name is Kenneth044, and I'm an altoholic!

Deleted

Path of Titans/Guild Leveling >>>>> Inflation of Item Level

With this change, gear becomes what should be since day 1, a tool for the goal. Not the goal itself.

That's the problem of the QQers, they can only see the game through loot progression. :-X

Do you support these changes?

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

I think I just came...!

Finally, I mean FINALLY I can actually raid with the 10 people I really enjoy playing and hanging around with, and who are exceptionally good at what they do.

Instead of raiding with these 10 awesome people and 15 retards whos learning curve is 5 times that of an average human being.

I guess our plans for a 10man-core-raiding-guild in Cata are gettin brighter and brighter!

Quote Originally Posted by Aleom
    Why do they want to bring the 25 gear into the 10 man instances? Well, we all have come up with our reasons. Suffice it to say the majority of us believe it is "The Casual" that's doing it. I don't think that it's the casual players that are doing it, I'm more of the line of thought that it's the mentality of a majority of the player base that says "I pay the subscription fees, therefore I am entitled to 100% of the game's items, content, bosses, gear etc etc" It is this mentality of "want" vs "work" that is degrading the game that millions of us love, (and as a side note that same thought in the real world is degrading our non-virtual lives as well)
    Thank you for taking the time to explain this to the math-deficient QQers.

However, I do not believe the gear merging has anything to do with subscription fees. It has to do with gear scaling which caused so many issues on this last expansion mainly due to the new 2-raid lockout periods per instance.

15+ Year Old Account

Thats not even true. 95% of the guilds that cleared 10 man first did it in TOC gear.
    10 man ToC gear? If not, then it's from an entirely different progression path.

I completely support these changes. It means I don't have to farm 10 mans in my off time.

I love the irony that people complain "10s can't be hardz!!!!11" and in the same breath would pine for the days of "truly hard heroic 5-mans".
    I'm in the "I don't have an obnoxiously large signature" club.

They really are positioning WoW as a "pick up, put down" type MMO. Anything that required some level of continued involvement is being gradually eliminated.

As someone earlier in this thread stated... a raider who ran a 10man and a 25man side by side before now will have less to do after their 10man is done for the week, but they'll still be paying the same monthly fee.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenfinn
    I think I just came...!

Finally, I mean FINALLY I can actually raid with the 10 people I really enjoy playing and hanging around with, and who are exceptionally good at what they do.

Instead of raiding with these 10 awesome people and 15 retards whos learning curve is 5 times that of an average human being.

I guess our plans for a 10man-core-raiding-guild in Cata are gettin brighter and brighter!
    Sorry if I'm missing something here.. But what is stopping you from doing that now?

Quote Originally Posted by Cilraaz
    10 man ToC gear? If not, then it's from an entirely different progression path.
    Our alts cleared ICC in TOC10 and TOGC10 gear :\.

Deleted

Do you support these changes?
    Uh... this change is deflating the gear and you are calling "loot whores" to those that are defending it? ???

It's not the 10 man gear that will become better, it's the 25 man gear that will become worse.

I dont know what to think about this... Blizzard had to do something to balance the 10 and 25 man. 25 mans should not be worth an entire higher tier gear at same difficulty level - and then those guys could go 10 man and take the heroic gear there while those only doing 10 man were strugling big time.

I think the emphasis should now turn to making heroic versions the really hard ones - but with a twist. So much twist that it actually feels almost like a diffrent fight.

Basicly .. what is happening tho is that Blizzard is moving the game closer to focus on 5 mans and 10 mans. I think thats pretty good idea considering that the game is getting dated and less people means less stress on both server and client side.

I might actually come back and focus on 10 mans tbh =) I didn't like the form that it had in WOTLK. It just made people burn out twice as fast opening up so many instances at once.

I really think Blizzard should focus on creating top quality 5 man dungeons in Cata. And make those progression based so that with each new patch you will get at least 1 new 5 man that has gear progression and limits.