... LastLast

Re: Cataclysm Raid Progression Refinements

This is so fucking stupid.... gonna stop playing i think if this is real
    Playing Horde @ Talnivarr EU
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Talnivarr&cn=Illulina

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Geekbustarz
    If they pull this off good, i'm going to be so friggin' happy. Finally 10 mans won't be so ignored as they are now... ( Shadowmourne only doable in 25 man e.t.c.)
    Will probably mean they're putting legendaries into the heroic versions. But still, you'd be able to complete them as a 10 man group, so it's all good

Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander
    That's both a) reasonable and b) what Blizz is doing.
    Actually more like 6+ items and 3+ badges for 2 and 1 in 10 man, otherwise there's literally no point gear wise to go 25 man.

And you're missing one thing, LK HC 25 difficulty, in HC 10, gonna be so funny, all the whine from the 10 man guilds that won't be able to finish instances ... And LK HC 10 is difficult but nowhere near LK HC 25.
    And LK Normal 25 is still a lot harder than LK 10 Normal. Can't wait for the whine.
    Basicly nothing will change from now. Just that a guild that is devoted to 10 man, as hardcore as a 25 man guild will be able to reap the same rewards for the same difficulty. You do realize there's no 10 man only guild that has killed LK 10 HC, right?

Anyway, I do believe it will be a balancing nightmare, there's no way to get them close enough if only because you use the same volume of space to fill with 10 or 25 players (think saurfang, marrowgar, lk defiles and shadow traps, bql bolts etc.).
    It's also nice that it will give some players the option of actually doing 10 man raids without always having the 25 man loot as way better. We'll see how successful this is since atm there are no proper 10 man hardcore guilds.

:'( Bullshit

On the topic of 10 man/25 man difficulty.

Have you ever run 10 mans w/o ever stepping foot in a 25 man to get gear? Like.. running Ulduar 10 with only having obtained Naxx10 and Heroism gear?

There is a lot less room for error in 10 mans than there are in 25 mans and it's a lot harder to carry people through 10 mans.

If you're running through ICC10 with a bunch of TogC25 gear, yea.. it's gonna be easy. If you're running through ICC10 with a bunch of ToC10 gear, it gets a little harder.

Whatever, let the mediocre elitists rage and (not)quit the game. I'll just start ignoring their posts.
    When in doubt, simply ask yourself: "What would Garrosh do?"

#wwgd

I dont know if i like this or not...(i do 10 man raid with guild and 25 pug), we'll just have to wait and see.

Sounds to me like blizz are slacking and just want to make less items...

The amount of extra items that will drop in 25 mode will need to be something that worth the effort to gather 25 players, or like the previous pages posts said, this will almost kill any 25 group raid.
    Famous everywhere I go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iMbx0RbDY4
    I really miss those days...

Brilliant. I would assume they will keep some of the 'prestiege' of doing 25's with different titles possibly.

But for my guild and i'm sure many others this will help ALOT. Well done Blizzard.

Deleted

This will also most likely mean we will be fighting all the Elemental Lords in different raids instance just to increase the number, I love it!

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Babyrobot
    Brilliant. I would assume they will keep some of the 'prestiege' of doing 25's with different titles possibly.
    Guild Leveling and Path of Titans.

Great change. This will balance 10-man Hard Modes since you won't have people in full 25-man gear facerolling them and still feeling good about themselves. I wonder how long it would have taken to have LK 10HM down if no one had 25-man 264's.

Deleted

Seems pointless to me.. but whatever.

Deleted

now that is a VERY good thing! finally the same difficulty and drops in 10 and 25 player mode!

cant wait for cataclysm

All the folks talking about how easy 10-man raids are did not to 10-man raid progression. By that I mean you got your 25 man gear from ToC and then ran through 25 man ICC and said.. wow so easy!

Folks who went from 10-man ToC to 10-man ICC did not have the same experience.

Frankly the problem with 10 mans is losing one person is a big hit. Especially if it's the wrong person. 25-man raids don't feel the loss of one person quite as much (in most fights). It is easier to get 10-people together though, which is why we ran straight 10-man raids for a while.

I will admit in terms of raid coordination it is easier in 10-man.

My point is that you must compare what the pure 10-man guilds were doing to the pure 25-man guilds to get an idea of how things will look in Cataclysm. I think you are gonna have a lot of people sticking with 25 man raids just for the epic feel.

As for making 25 man raids dead... I think people will raid them because they really do feel epic! I said that twice for emphasis!

Also look at it this way. If you are a 25 man raider who doesn't have time for 10-mans but feels like you have to go to get such-and-such trinket... blizzard is saving you time!

This is utter bull shit!

Lazy fuckers want to scale back their hardware, make customers pay for an expansion, pay for monthly subscription, pay for god knows what the next tier of crap that will enter their online store is.

Get off your arse and get a decent expansion together Bliz.

Not happy with this at all :/.
    ~ stuff, the best thing ~

Man, this is going to fragment guilds like crazy. There tend to be better and worse players in a 25 man group. The better ones are going to realize that they can get better loot (from doing later bosses in a raid), by just doing a 10 man with the best folks. Sure, they may not get quite as much loot per person, but they can kill more bosses to make up for that, and those later bosses will probably have better gear anyway (and they will have a better chance at hardmodes too).

Ugh.

The nerve.

So basically the advantage of 25 man raiding is more gold? fuck 25 man raiding

I don't like where this is going, but that's just my personal opinion as a 25man raider. However, I think it'll be extremely hard try to balance the difficulty of 10 / 25man raids so that people choose the raid they want to be in, instead of the raid that's easier.

Don't doubt whether or not blizzard can make hard 10man content. Given 10man gear, sarth 3D, firefighter, algalon, H LK are pretty much all as challenging as 25man content if not more. The problem is that I can totally see an end boss on 10man is easier than an end boss on 25 man or the other way around, which will force A LOT of guilds do the easier version for loot. That defeats the whole purpose of "choosing the raid style you enjoy" idea.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)