Nostalgia at its finest - talk Disney movies from the 90's

Disney has made a lot of amazing movies over the years, which are pretty much all considered classics now.

So which one was your favorite?
    When I was younger I loved "Beauty and the Beast", but Aladdin I probably liked best.

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Nostalgia at its finest - talk Disney movies from the 90's

I loved Disney movies as a kid! My aunt used to take me to see the latest one every year for Christmas.

Definitely Aladdin and Beauty and the Beast were my favorites, plus the Little Mermaid and the Lion King were pretty good as well. I also remember watching the Aladdin and Little Mermaid daily cartoons. I think the early 90's were the 'golden age' of Disney movies for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine
    I loved Disney movies as a kid! My aunt used to take me to see the latest one every year for Christmas.

Definitely Aladdin and Beauty and the Beast were my favorites, plus the Little Mermaid and the Lion King were pretty good as well. I also remember watching the Aladdin and Little Mermaid daily cartoons. I think the early 90's were the 'golden age' of Disney movies for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark
    I would kill a old god.

I'm currently watching quite a few of them again, but this time in English
    (Dutch before, makes for some weird dub's at times)
    For example:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLsdJlfA23E
    The song "a whole new world" from Aladdin is so ... well nice compared to the stuff these days. We did really grow up in a very gentle time didn't we?

15+ Year Old Account

I loved those old cartoons
    Watched them every time....

Also, those cartoons were actually exciting...
    Do you Remember that part at Aladdin where the ground collapses?
    Awesome stuff...

But my favorite will most likely be either Beauty and the Beast, or Aladdin (Yes, I'm a copy cat of you guys, but I think these were just awesome).

Never saw them in English though... Couldn't be bothered to re-watch them later.
    And to be honest, I am so used to how they sound in Dutch, that I doubt that I'd like the English Version
    Dawwwwwww

Mulan! That one is prob my favorite if it counts as old school enough. Otherwise I watched alot of Aladdin and Jungle Book

15+ Year Old Account

Mulan was definitely great; it had a much different feel to me than the others mentioned. Kind of more mature in some ways, maybe.

Hell yeah that is prob why I liked it so much plus I was getting older when that one came out so I got a lot more of the Innuendo and what not in this one than in the others.

Disney Renaissance as a whole was mostly excellent, I watched many of those movies several times as a kid. Even though I didn't appreciate it back then, they also have some of the better music of their kind - Beauty and the Beast soundtrack for example.

I haven't bothered with the second parts of most of the movies. It's not long ago I even for the first time heard there's Mulan 2 or Pocahontas 2. From the comments related to these, they seem like made for milking purposes without advancing the story.

The Rescuers.
    Armour is no protection against the blessed tools of the righteous

What separates old cartoons from new cartoons, is that there was actually effort put into them.

Sorry Bob the Builder, you're on of a kind in our time, one of the few with an actual message and that isn't complete jibberish.

That said, Fox & Hound is one of the best movies from Disney. It's heartbreaking. Something I wish cartoons today still dared to do instead of coddle and protect children, pampering them into never learning anything themselves or getting any experience of even the harsh things in life.

Bernard & Bianca is also pretty epic and has some very beautiful moments, but also scary and sad.

Maybe todays terrorists should watch Aladdin, after all, it's about arabs. Or is it Persians? Or both perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by The Core
    Bernard & Bianca is also pretty epic and has some very beautiful moments, but also scary and sad.
    I liked especially Rescuers Down Under as a kid. There are very few movies released nowadays that can compete with the ones of that era. I'm not sure whether it's because of the story, the characters with more depth, more mature themes, the fact I tend to enjoy the drawing style more than computer-made stuff that everything has been lately or whether it's simply nostalgia. There have been few modern Disney or western animation movies in general I've enjoyed.

My judgement is admittedly blurred by the fact I'm older now and unable to see the movies the same way, but it seems rather than truly created as pieces of entertainment and story, nowadays movies are simply produced as if they were coming from an assembly line.

15+ Year Old Account

The Lion king was a great movie. It's funny, Dramatic and has an amazing story and good messages to be told.

People today just make cartoons to make money.. they find whatever cheap laughs they can and throw them into a badly written story...

If I could meet the guy who created Chowder I would punch him so hard..

Quote Originally Posted by Elementium
    The Lion king was a great movie. It's funny, Dramatic and has an amazing story and good messages to be told.

People today just make cartoons to make money.. they find whatever cheap laughs they can and throw them into a badly written story...

If I could meet the guy who created Chowder I would punch him so hard..
    the lion king was amazing.
    Not all recent cartoons are bad.(I liked Ed Edd and Eddy)

15+ Year Old Account

I don't really consider Ed, edd and eddy recent though. Although.. I do have to say.. using an obviously mentally handicapped kid for jokes that's.. so 90's

My biggest target of recent cartoon hate is chowder.. damn chowder to hell..

Quote Originally Posted by Elementium
    I don't really consider Ed, edd and eddy recent though. Although.. I do have to say.. using an obviously mentally handicapped kid for jokes that's.. so 90's

My biggest target of recent cartoon hate is chowder.. damn chowder to hell..

well I considered it kinda recent because of the movie last year, but i guess the show was probably 2-3 years ago(new episodes at least)

The first Lion King.
    Have to admit i still watch that movie now 20 years old, in my native language (norwegian) and english.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!