Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Cataclysm Badge and PvP Point Changes, RAF Mount

And for every1 saying PvP is so unbalanced cuz of gear... Isnt it the same with PvE? I'd like to get the best PvE gear from heroics too.

I used to pvp a lot, but pretty much stopped when arena became the only form of pvp (pretty much, that's the way it feels anyway). I hate hate hate arena. I get so tired of getting bursted down in 5 seconds, even with 900+ resilience and plate. In BGs though, I tend to have fun with it, but there is very little incentive to do them.

So far, cataclysm seems to be changing everything that I wish was changed

PvE badges resemble WotLK's start-off badges exactly..
    Hmmm, if it resembles it all, I see another random-heroic-gear-welfare system being set up. Eep
    Quote Originally Posted by Gulo
    Clothes are merely a setback!

holy shit yea! i can't wait to never set foot in arena's again.

I made an account just to reply to this thread. This is a complete joke, and will totally ruin the game. Unless you are in a top300 world guild, PVP is harder than PVE, and trying to get better at the hardest parts of this game is what motivates many players. Letting baddies feel better about themselves in lolbgs is not my concern and i don't give a damn about equal opportunity irl. If you choose to play bgs, you might as well admit that you're really saying that you can't win in arenas. Let's not sugarcoat this or try to be politically correct: If you need to play bgs, arenas are too hard for you: You are still on the shortbus and you still drool all over your desk in class. You've probably fallen out of a swingset, whiffed completely playing kickball, and can't write in cursive. I hope this message gets read by at least a few people before i get banned.

P.S. The real issue is not pvpers whining over sharing with bads, it's bads not realizing how terrible they are and qq'ing over emo posts about how virtual pieces of clothing make them unhappy. The only positive that may come out of this is that people can stop cutting themselves over a game and look to their real life to possibly address all the reasons it sucks and potentially understand why they confuse access to gear with intrinsic happiness.

Quote Originally Posted by legitpanda
    I made an account just to reply to this thread. This is a complete joke, and will totally ruin the game. Unless you are in a top300 world guild, PVP is harder than PVE, and trying to get better at the hardest parts of this game is what motivates many players. Letting baddies feel better about themselves in lolbgs is not my concern and i don't give a damn about equal opportunity irl. If you choose to play bgs, you might as well admit that you're really saying that you can't win in arenas. Let's not sugarcoat this or try to be politically correct: If you need to play bgs, arenas are too hard for you: You are still on the shortbus and you still drool all over your desk in class. You've probably fallen out of a swingset, whiffed completely playing kickball, and can't write in cursive. I hope this message gets read by at least a few people before i get banned.

P.S. The real issue is not pvpers whining over sharing with bads, it's bads not realizing how terrible they are and qq'ing over emo posts about how virtual pieces of clothing make them unhappy. The only positive that may come out of this is that people can stop cutting themselves over a game and look to their real life to possibly address all the reasons it sucks and potentially understand why they confuse access to gear with intrinsic happiness.
    You would be better off by not making an account and just stop posting rubbish. Now go back to spectator mode!

Irony.

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    Cataclysm Badge and PvP Point Changes
    [blizzquote="Bashiok;http://blue.mmo-champion.com/t/24401796793/cataclysm-badge-and-pvp-point-changes/"]We're continuing to refine the badge/emblem and PvP point systems in Cataclysm and we'd like to share some of those changes with you today. Please enjoy!

Our primary goal when approaching badges in Cataclysm is to address a lot of the confusion that comes with these currency systems. To that end we're changing badges to a more straightforward point system, similar to the ones we've used for a while for Arenas and Battlegrounds. There will be a total of four types of points you can earn in Cataclysm (two for PvE and two for PvP), and these will remain the same even as we introduce new content.

Here's the breakdown:

PvE
    • Hero Points -- Low-tier, easier-to-get PVE points. Maximum cap to how many you can own, but no cap to how quickly you can earn them. Earned from most dungeons. (most like the current Emblem of Triumph)
    • Valor Points -- High-tier, harder-to-get PvE points. Maximum cap to how many you can own, as well as a cap to how many you can earn per week. Earned from Dungeon Finder daily Heroic and from raids. (most like the current Emblem of Frost)

PvP
    • Honor Points -- Low-tier, easier-to-get PVP points. There will be a maximum cap to how many you can own, but no cap to how quickly you can earn them. Earned from most PvP activities.
    • Conquest Points -- High-tier, harder-to-get PvP points. There will be a maximum cap to how many you can own, and a cap to how many you can earn per week. Earned from winning Rated Battlegrounds or Arenas. (currently called Arena Points)

When a new tier of raiding gear is released or a new PvP season begins, your higher tier of points will be converted into the lower tier. For instance, if a new tier of raid gear is released, your Valor points will be converted to Hero points, and similarly if a new PvP season begins your Conquest points will be converted to Honor points. Of course that means with these new releases you'll always begin without any of the higher tier of points, and thus be unable to stockpile them.

how the hell are we supposed to know when to use these emblems then?
    Blizz hasnt ever before said that such and such a patch will be released tomorrow or next week, all the player base ever gets is 'soon'

and if we can no longer have any amount of badges, will they be lost if im over the cap when they downgrade?

Edit; was apparently unclear before, i am talking about Cataclysm, not currently
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanzel View Post
    I let my kids do whatever, honestly. If they want to bathe in the blood of virgins and drink hard liquor while doing it, more power to them. I gave my little Jimmy the key to my gun cabinet, just in case he needs to pop some caps in a burglar or rob a corner store for some spare cash. Kids grow up quickly these days y'know, you've got to teach them how to take care of themselves.

WarCrimez read the title the key is there... "Cataclysm Badge and PvP Point Changes" Key word "CATACLYSM"

Even though there is no exact date announced when a new patch is coming out, we usually have a pretty good idea within a week or two. But this new system is going to help keep some ppl happy especially since the raid changes. I don't know though, we'll have to see.

I can't wait to see battlegrounds become competitive. I remember running premades a while back in BC before the whole matchmaking thing was implemented and made queue times unbearable; those premade vs premade battles in WSG or AB were some of the best times I've had in this game. I think that battlegrounds have a lot more potential for fun than arenas because the point isn't just to kill people, it's to fulfill objectives, and the extra strategy involved adds another dimension to the gameplay that, for me at least, overshadows arena pvp.

More on topic, the point system seems to be pretty solid. On the PvE side you don't have to convert badges which is always a plus, and in PvP people will be rewarded for their prowess in BGs. Obviously people who win more will accumulate the tangible rewards faster, and the top players will be rewarded with more drakes or whatever they come up with for letting people show off their epeen. Overall, this combined with the lockout changes is like a dream come true for me. Cata is looking to be pretty awesome as things stand. Now gimme my beta!

edit: Can't wait to get my rocket! I guess I have to pick my main for cata pretty soon so I can start a ferrying service for lowbies.
    Q: Where the fuck is Xia Xia, SIU?!?!
    A1: She needs to start making eggs for Easter...
    A2: Drunk and sleeping somewhere.

I like the changes a lot. Putting a cap on points per week will also not force me to run endless heroics just to compete with badges upon the initial gear chase at 85. I probably still will run heroics with friends but just for easy gold/mats

Quote Originally Posted by Notos
    I can't wait to see battlegrounds become competitive. I remember running premades a while back in BC before the whole matchmaking thing was implemented and made queue times unbearable; those premade vs premade battles in WSG or AB were some of the best times I've had in this game. I think that battleground have a lot more potential for fun than arenas because the point isn't just to kill people, it's to fulfill objectives, and the extra strategy involved adds another dimension to the gameplay that, for me at least, overshadows arena pvp.

More on topic, the point system seems to be pretty solid. On the PvE side you don't have to convert badges which is always a plus, and in PvP people will be rewarded for their prowess in BGs. Obviously people who win more will accumulate the tangible rewards faster, and the top players will be rewarded with more drakes or whatever they come up with for letting people show off their epeen. Overall, this combined with the lockout changes is like a dream come true for me. Cata is looking to be pretty awesome as things stand. Now gimme my beta!

Yes, good point, we will actually see a use for PVP guilds again, let's hope the new BG's are fun and have some epic battles.

Quote Originally Posted by WarCrimez
    how the hell are we supposed to know when to use these emblems then? Blizz hasnt said; " Patch 3.4.0 will be released next week, make good use of your badges' before, all we get is 'soon'

and if we can no longer have any amount of them, will i lose some if when they merge im over the cap?
    Dude. Cataclysm. Months away. Not even in Beta yet. No worries. I'm sure that when we get within say... a month's window of it being a problem they'll let us know. Not to mention, why would you care about spending this expansion's badges right before the next one comes out. Green Cataclysm gems will be better than current Purple gems, and if you haven't gotten your gear sorted by [Aug,Sept,Oct], a week or two either way probably won't matter much.

Quote Originally Posted by WarCrimez
    how the hell are we supposed to know when to use these emblems then? Blizz hasnt said; " Patch 3.4.0 will be released next week, make good use of your badges' before, all we get is 'soon'

and if we can no longer have any amount of them, will i lose some if when they merge im over the cap?
    It shouldn't matter when the next patch comes though, right? The items you were going to buy with Valor Points will be moved down to Hero Points, with the next tier of items available for Valors, so you lose nothing...

Deleted

same shit, different day...erm...name.

When do they actually figure out that the problem with the "badge/points"-system is the fact, that you have to run "old" content to gear up for the actual content? :

http://www.mmo-champion.com/news-2/hotfixes-champions'-carnival-blue-posts/

Blue posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    PvP Gearing in Cataclysm
    The PvP gearing system is actually pretty similar to the PvE gearing system. If you're awesome, you have access to the best gear. If you're not as awesome, *or* if you're new, then you don't have access to that gear, but you have access to the gear just a tier behind. Next season you'll have access to the new gear, but the better players will have access to even better gear, and so on.

Yes, you're going to have more of a challenge competing against players with the best gear, but it's not an insurmountable advantage and the system won't completely starve you of the ability to get the best gear even if you lose a lot.

Rated BGs are not designed to give players who just want to lose their way through a bunch of battlegrounds Gladiator-level loot. They're designed for players who don't like the small, short, duel-ish feeling of Arena but still like coordinated, competitive play. (I also expect there will be a lot of overlap between the two.) If rated BGs aren't for you or you just can't compete for some reason, you still have access to the previous season's gear (and you can even get it through PvE progression). (Source)
    heh.

I just wonder, with them auto-downgrading the valor/conquest points into hero/honor points, will they also auto-downgrade the former high-tier equipment to low tier? I am assuming that is what will happen. Which will be great. I look forward to these changes. I just hope that they will continuously add shields to the pve-point tiers. Tired of a shield never dropping for my tank. Either that, or I get out-rolled for the shield when it does drop.

Back to lurking with you, Toll!
    The adults are having a conversation here
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanzel View Post
    I let my kids do whatever, honestly. If they want to bathe in the blood of virgins and drink hard liquor while doing it, more power to them. I gave my little Jimmy the key to my gun cabinet, just in case he needs to pop some caps in a burglar or rob a corner store for some spare cash. Kids grow up quickly these days y'know, you've got to teach them how to take care of themselves.

Re: Cataclysm Badge and PvP Point Changes

Quote Originally Posted by Seriousdoom
    cataclysm is going to be awesome.