BGs need Balance maybe

This just happened to me in a WSG.

I think maybe there should only be allowed a certain amount of each class into BGs to prevent this from happening. The ended up farming our graveyard from the ground below, sending their pets up and shooting through the ground.

Re: BGs need Balance maybe

hahahaha, awesome

10+ Year Old Account

Imo, BGs should work like random dungeons. Hell, I don't see why I should be stuck in dungeons with 40 mans in my team and no fkin' healers and tanks in my AV group!

To answer your question, YES there should be more balance in BGs.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

been leveling my hunter up through bg's ad in the first 2 brackets ( 10-19 nd 20-29) u will see a ton of one sided bgs class wise.i was one of 13 hunters jus tnow in an AB. so im all for balncing out the bg's
    Read the signature rules.

Yeah, I totally agree. It'd probably improve the way people think and act because they would have to adjust to different situations. I hate having no healers.
    Strikke 80 Holy Paladin/Darkspear US

15+ Year Old Account

Great

One day players whine about long que times the next day they want to make changes that have direct negative effect on que times...

Sigh...
    Dont remember where i saw this but quote from some moderator here on mmo-champ.

''What you whine about today is a result of what you whined about yesterday.''

Dont put yourself in that situation thomorow by even sugesting this.

Just NO, maybe if que times gets bether but atm NO
    Your greed, your foolishness has brought you to this end.

- Prince Malchezaar

lol i hate hunters so much too. i can't even imagine trying to get the flag across with that many hunters, in fact that would be someting along the lines of my ideal current rated BG's team makeup.

i was in an pug AB the other day with 8 shaman

it's the same with any class and the OP does have a point. I am leveling up my hunter through mainly BG's when hes near the top of brackets because ITS A LOT OF FUN....however, at 80, the differneces can be a real bitch, like when you have an eots with one healer.

on a side note, i dont know whats worse, having a large BG with 15 hunters or 15 shadow priests, as a shadow priests i find it to be just ridiculous when there are more than one of us and we stick together

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity
    I thought this thread was going to be about map balance, not class distribution...

Anyway, as a horde player, it feels like we have a pretty noticable advantage in the way the bases and roads are laid out. That is all.
    Nice try. You are indeed a master baiter, but I will not bite today.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daimyon
    This just happened to me in a WSG.

I think maybe there should only be allowed a certain amount of each class into BGs to prevent this from happening. The ended up farming our graveyard from the ground below, sending their pets up and shooting through the ground.
    Blizzard cannot force people to queue. Currently, if 100 Hunters and 100 Rogues queue up for Warsong Gulch, by the order that they were entered into the queue, they would be divided into 10 matches.

Under a system like you are suggesting, if 100 Hunters and 100 Rogues queued up for Warsong Gulch, they would all wait in queue until other classes entered the queue. From there, they would have to wait until an even larger amount of as-of-yet-undetermined classes entered the queue before even one game would start.

TL;DR: Problem exists with the players. Hunter is popular in 30-39, as a lot of low level battleground fanatics play whatever class they perceive to have an advantage. The more hunters there are, the more hunters are made. There is no guarantee that any class will queue for a battleground to even out the roster. System is fine, and working as intended.

Frankly it isn't so much that they need to force numerical balance as that they need to remove things that work against it.

By that I mean: Hunters are so retardedly OP in a lot of brackets. What makes hunters worse is that they buff each other spacially. If you've got one hunter in WSG? Not a big problem. 2 working together? Bit more rough. 4? Give up.

It's not just hunters, of course. Different specs in each bracket are absurd. Ret paladins at 29 I recall being pretty silly.. 900 damage exorcism crits without berserk?

Hopefully it won't matter neaaaarly as much in Cata. Part of why it happens right now is because some specs gear better than others. Example: There's a ton of "of the monkey" kind of gear. It's in dungeons, it's in the pvp gear, it's in rare BOEs. Casters by comparison are not OP if they stack "of the eagle" gear, because int just doesn't mean as much for them. Plus, few casters have reliable mana return mechanics at low levels, making them strangely ineffectual.

With the gearing and itemization changes, a lot of this should go away, leaving just stuff like abilities scaling in weird ways. If they put someone on that stuff for a couple weeks, just one dev, they could make pvp-while-you-level a -really- fun sidegame.

Here's hoping.

Hunters are overpowered pre-80. That's how it is.

This just happened...

I'm aware we had 5 hunters this time, but we also had NO HEALERS.
    Also for some reason, the BG kept saying we had 10 players, but only 8 were showing in the raid window.

hunters are killer in open los, and absurd in multiples. more so than any other class imo. right now i think they're balanced around arena so it makes them that much more absurd when they aren't marginalized by pillars. honestly the 2 biggest classes i sweat running the flag are hunters and mages. mostly hunters tho.

Class number balance would result in long and perhaps impossible queues.

However, I would like to see a balance in the number of healers. Having 4 healers in WSG is a real pain in the ass, esp with you are in there with random people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zehlkatur
    I have died some times for just blinking away from balls and straight in to another pair of balls.
    Nerf teabagging!