Activision looses CoD developers

So one of Activision's 'Gold mine' it's gone, leaving it only with Blizzard's WoW and the upcoming SC2 as their main profit titles and a USD$500M suit from former CoD developers...

http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=18251

Maybe it's time for Blizzard to jump off the boat too or ally with EA?

Re: Activision looses CoD developers

They still have treyarch... unfortunately

This made my day! ;D

Bout damn time.

Activision bought the company. Being bought out is never fun for employees. Then they fire the CCO and CEO who founded the company in the first place. They took the franchise the company is known for whore it out every year, and even give half of it to another developer to produce.

Yeah, if I was a employee at Infinity Ward, I would've said screw that too.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Daginni
    Activision bought the company. Being bought out is never fun for employees. Then they fire the CCO and CEO who founded the company in the first place. They took the franchise the company is known for whore it out every year, and even give half of it to another developer to produce.

Yeah, if I was a employee at Infinity Ward, I would've said screw that too.
    That's bad enough and that's not even why they're leaving!
    Now a decimated Infinity Ward has been smacked with a suit by the "Infinity Ward Employee Group" -- a collection of about half the employees who worked on COD:MW2 -- seeking half a billion dollars, alleging breach of contract and unpaid royalties.
    $500M is no joke. I'd leave even if I was happy where the game was going in the future (yeah right). That's a ton of unpaid royalties.

15+ Year Old Account

The real irony is that Infinity Ward started out at EA and left them for similar reasons.

nothing good will come of this, it never does.
    neither side will win, only the laywers will laughing whilst they fill their pockets with shiny green dollars.

THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO WILL LOSE OUT WILL BE US, THE GAMERS!

Deleted

In other hand, Activision just gained Bungie's exclusivity.

15+ Year Old Account

The only cure is more green.. uh.. that Developers start being independent again.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Elementium
    The only cure is more green.. uh.. that Developers start being independent again.
    Or be successful like Blizzard. No one dares to touch Blizz's development. No even Kotick, or he would be fired next day by Vivendi bosses.

Anyway, something that I forgot about the OP.

Quote Originally Posted by nuker
    Maybe it's time for Blizzard to jump off the boat too or ally with EA?
    Blizzard ceased to be an independent software house back in 1994. Before they released Warcraft I. Since 1999, they are owned by Vivendi, which still are the current owners.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror

Blizzard ceased to be an independent software house back in 1994. Before they released Warcraft I. Since 1999, they are owned by Vivendi, which still are the current owners.
    "BUT DOOD! THE NAME OF THE COMPANY SAYS ACTIVISION BLIZZARD!!!! IT MUST MEAN ACTIVISION HAS FULL CONTROL OVER BLIZZARD!"

But yeah, Tauror is correct. Vivendi renamed themselves Activision Blizzard (Or the part that held stuff did atleast), that's all that happened.