Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ...
LastLast

Re: PTR Character Copies now available

Quote Originally Posted by worlddan
    Are you blind? How much more confirmation do you want? That blue response is a non-response. Which means that it's a response. When someone has an opportunity to say "no" and doesn't, they mean "yes."

(1) no patch data. Well, if it's the beta that isn't patch data, is it.
    (2) by the public. Well, beta testers aren't the public, they are beta testers.
    (3) at this time. Well, tomorrow or Tuesday or whenever will no longer be at this time.

Blizzard Community Reps: Mastering the art of the meaningless English sentence.

I lawl'd

Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx
    My thoughts; Something IS going on, they're trying to keep the hype going by making these little "mess ups", but it's not quite time......
    Exactly what I was thinking.

The aimed scenario is probaly
    The blizcon server on the screenshot was a 'mistake' made while playing around with the server. So the intended question would be 'why were they playing around with that server in the first place?'
    Quote Originally Posted by Nawramsti
    Mages are fine wtf are you talking about.
    Frost for PvP Arcane for LOLPVP and Fire for...... for.....for.......one sec will get back to you.

Deleted

Beta please, beta Y.Y

self-fulfilling prophecy.. beta most likely will come out because of this.
    enter shikari is the best.

All we can do is wait...

No screw beta cataclysm needs to wait a bit longer i hope its Ruby Sanctum! I really wanna see what that place is like maybe get in there and test it, also hopefully they open the premade character feature so i can test DK tanking, hunter, and Warrior tanking to see what ill level in the next xpac

Lol I just registered. Would be hilarious if I got in, but I doubt it greatly.

Quote Originally Posted by afkalmighty
    Exactly what I was thinking.

The aimed scenario is probaly
    The blizcon server on the screenshot was a 'mistake' made while playing around with the server. So the intended question would be 'why were they playing around with that server in the first place?'
    They could be setting up server stuff for the Arena Tournament and just set up the wrong server.
    Dranei Ultra-Nationalist and Mac'Aree Patriot

[size=10pt]DUN DUN DUN[/size]

Looks like the Blizzcon server was not meant to be there.

From blues:
    "You know i am looking into this more and it does seem like that should not be there. The realm you went to copy to was reserved for use at the BlizzCon events. "
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...01487949&sid=1

it's over kids

Quote Originally Posted by ethzero
    Because Blizzard can't ever change the way they do things, oh no.
    why would they if they've run it off completely different servers before they might aswell do the same now + they need to test ruby sanctum on the PTR + when wotlk beta was out they had the 4.0 beta on the ptr for the new updates and specs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lascer
    I don't always drink tears, but when i do, i prefer undead's.

Stay feared my friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Touler
    [size=10pt]DUN DUN DUN[/size]

Looks like the Blizzcon server was not meant to be there.

From blues:
    "You know i am looking into this more and it does seem like that should not be there. The realm you went to copy to was reserved for use at the BlizzCon events. "
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...01487949&sid=1

it's over kids
    But maybe it wasn't really what they said. Maybe they aren't telling the truth. Maybe some outside force is making sure nobody talks about it. Maybe they weren't the chaos emeralds.

I'm pretty sure if anybody looks deeper into this, they'll wind up inside a coffin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Respen
    I was very disappointed in the screenshots. I usually base my entire gaming experience around ground textures and so far it seems like Cata will be totally unplayable.

beta would be cool, but I doubt I'll get an invite =\

Hot off the press!

There seems to be an awful lot of commotion going on (at least on fan sites) right now over the activation of the PTR copy feature (or semi-activation) and a lot of folks think the beta is nigh. Care to offer any cryptic hints to ratchet up the excitement even more?

Zarhym:
    What if my cryptic hints dispelled excitement? Something was being tested internally which required turning on character copies. In layman's terms, there is only one on/off switch for the testing being done and that activated character copies. It was intentional, but not necessarily useful for you to discover.

Was that uninformative and anticlimactic enough?
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...sid=1&pageNo=3

Didn't get in WotLK beta, SC2 beta, and I probably won't get in Cataclysm beta.
    Oh well, theres always contests.
    I hope they're not like SC2 keys where its a rush "who can type the fastest key from this picture" *Gets typing fingers ready*... Oh well, whether this is the beta or not there will be a beta and i'm excited for it. ;D

15+ Year Old Account

Something's up, that's for sure. I mean, when was the last time Blizzard did something on accident that was actually on accident? And I don't mean about forums flubs where a blue says something and has to modify it. I mean...really...test internally and there is only one switch? While I buy that if they were testing something on the PTR and told us about it, but to say they might have been working on something and not do it internally without the PTR (Which is how I assume many in house testing actually happens since we don't see the PTR copy turning on and off randomly like now.).

On top of all that, the server for PvE wasn't even used last BlizzCon they said, but the 2 years prior to that. So, let's say that it was turned on by accident (Which I doubt considering the latest blue post), they also manage to turn on exactly 2 realms like normal and manages to find and activate a realm that hasn't been used in over a year and a half?

But the blues "say" that they were testing something internal and such. Could be that they needed to test something for Cata really quick before setting it up on the beta servers. This would follow the idea of NO PTR but a beta release ino.
    Start by assuming that everything you've ever known is a lie.....

Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Quote Originally Posted by Magikarplol
    Lol I just registered. Would be hilarious if I got in, but I doubt it greatly.
    just have a friend with a really good comp use his system specs on your acct for the beta op ins, i did that for sc2 my comp kinda blows used my dads for the system spec a day later got a beta invite for sc2

15+ Year Old Account

So is it garunteed that this wasnt a sign of the Beta? I got a little lost

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Side
    So is it garunteed that this wasnt a sign of the Beta? I got a little lost
    this has nothing to do with you getting in beta, this is more or less a hint that beta or friends and family alpha is coming.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lascer
    I don't always drink tears, but when i do, i prefer undead's.

Stay feared my friends.

Maybe it's the purple gem in Diablo2 chat all over again... 326 posts and counting !
    Boom.