Poll: Ever played Warhammer Online?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Ever played Warhammer Online?

So have you ever played Warhammer Online? If so, do you still play and if not, why and when did you stop

Re: Ever played Warhammer Online?

I tried out the trial, and I actually liked it, but I heard the endgame sucked, so I didn't buy it

I played on my bros account for a bit, tried out a dark elf sorcerer (i think thats what its called) i remember going to the elf battleground and there was this big temple altar statue thing which exploded like a fucking nuke... it was ok i guess
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Nytz
    So have you ever played Warhammer Online? If so, do you still play and if not, why and when did you stop
    yes

i dont play it now because comparing to wow it really sucks in all aspects... specially PvP wich is the main focus of the game, its all about shinny moves and backflips :X, i quit at level 30 one month after starting to play
    Quote Originally Posted by rad586
    OH NOES !!!!! CASUALS GOT ALMOST THE SAME GEAR AS ME !!!!!! MY GEAR DOESN'T INCREASE THE SIZE OF MY PENIS ANYMORE !!!!! QQQQQQ

I also tried the trial but didn't like it.

I had a high realm rank Squig Herder, played since open beta. Once you get to 40, its zerg or be zerg, and I couldn't handle that for very long really. Leveling was good fun if you queued for scenarios whilst PvE'ing, but there was no solo PvP what-so-ever, and any attempts in the community to create them just got zerged down or fizzled out.

Aswell i have did the trial, but friends that have made it past this told me to buy WoW instead and here i am today! hooked.

Played it also myself, had a lvl 28 Disciple of khaine and a 32 lvl Choppa. Well when i started it like 1.5 year ago it sucked a bit due to bugs etc so i stopped it, and re-started it like 6 months ago (and stopped it 3 months ago). In that time it was way better and imo it has way better pvp than WoW but has no endgame pve (only some dungeons).

I prefer war than wow myself since it was a new game, with the best world pvp i have seen in a mmo, but i stopped because 6-7 irl friends started wow :P

15+ Year Old Account

Played it, had a level 40 Squig Herder, did some endgame pve and pvp, but at the end of the day it just didn't cut it.

40/60 Chosen, got tired of imbalance.

Good game, great at about everything, but balance kills it so bad.
    9/11/08 - Priests will never forgive, and never forget.

Deleted

Yeah i played it, did "endgame" with my zealot. Its basicly zerg vs zerg.

the spell graphics and animations are crappy and sometimes buggy. And i have the endgame pvp. its all about farming insane amounts of "honour points" to get some weapons, the game is fells very instanced, no continuity whatsoever. game with lots of potential but ended up being crappy on all fronts.

Yes i played it, and didn't fancy it. But i like their orcs
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

I played Warhammer Online as a Dwarf Runepriest (amongst others) but let my sub lapse because it really wasn't for me, mostly due to the realm feeling deserted. I do wish Blizzard would implement something like the 'public quest' system though. It was a great way to group quest with people you haven't met before.

10+ Year Old Account

i very much enjoyed warhammer but quit when they shut down the only remaining rp server. Roughlly same time ToC came out

Played it for about a month, unfortunately didn't reach max level. (level 37 White Lion)

Stoped because lacking of (good) endgame PvE and PvP content. But overall i was rather stasified with leveling experience. PQ (Public quests) are good concept, but had messed up scoring system (hope they fixed that). Achivement system is imo overall better WoW's , because everything counts, you often didn't know what is next step in progress, there where lots of fun titles and miscellaneous achievements (like jumping out of cliff 25 times to death, you get title "AHHHHH!").

Also idea of having lots of different thropies displayed on your character was superberb, but technical execution failed on that part (atleast at begining of game).

Leveling PvP content was ok, it was super if you had good guild.
    Overall i wasn't dissapointed that i spent money on that game (unlike some other games :/)

Played the trial. It was ok, as a WoW player the controls were almost exactly the same so it was easy for me to pick up. I played a few different characters. The graphics are terribad compared to WoW. I did like the the area quests, where anyone can participate and everyone gets loot ranked by contribution. Wouldn't mind seeing something like that in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Krokman
    Played it also myself, had a lvl 28 Disciple of khaine and a 32 lvl Choppa. Well when i started it like 1.5 year ago it sucked a bit due to bugs etc so i stopped it, and re-started it like 6 months ago (and stopped it 3 months ago). In that time it was way better and imo it has way better pvp than WoW but has no endgame pve (only some dungeons).

I prefer war than wow myself since it was a new game, with the best world pvp i have seen in a mmo, but i stopped because 6-7 irl friends started wow :P
    My story is kind of like yours.. Except not the same classes etc..
    But I am interested though, have they managed to fix a lot of those gamebreaking bugs that were around by the time it came out AND for a looong time after?

I've considered trying it out in the hopes that they have, but I'd love some insider info from a more recent player.

Played it for a few days, the questing and levelling in general is boring and repetitive, the pvp is OK, graphics look choppy and generally not nice to look at.

10+ Year Old Account

never played it because of the focus on PVP. watched a few trailers and ingame footage though, but the orcs looked extremely stupid. not my taste :P

15+ Year Old Account

The Public Quests were a promising design. But like low level dungeons before the LFD tool, it became harder and harder to do them since there was less people around.